Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D :D :D dealer phoned to say car has been built and will be coming down to them next week, they can the prepare and I can pick up in my requested date of 1st September. Originally mid September delivery date so very happy. White 3.0d with black 20" venoms. Just hoping my Vw Touareg survives another couple of weeks. Sad to see it go, had it for 10 years but has been a very good car, not cheap as many things needed repaired through its life. Bring on the jag!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
:D :D :D :D dealer phoned to say car has been built and will be coming down to them next week, they can the prepare and I can pick up in my requested date of 1st September. Originally mid September delivery date so very happy. White 3.0d with black 20" venoms. Just hoping my Vw Touareg survives another couple of weeks. Sad to see it go, had it for 10 years but has been a very good car, not cheap as many things needed repaired through its life. Bring on the jag!!!!
Good news! Which dealer?

Mine is being built this week so expecting the same call myself soon :)

Now to dispose of the 5 year old Evoque which has had nothing done to it apart from a set of tyres and brake pads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer is Lancaster jaguar reading. I'm on my 3rd salesman, other 2 left and the dealers premises have been knocked down so they are sharing with next door, so not expecting much of a handover but we will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Good call to get! I won't get my call until early Dec, but only ordered last weekend!

Talking of Dealers,

I cancelled my original order with Grange of WGC Herts, why?

2 weeks after ordering I had not heard a sound from them despite me calling for updates twice, not even an email or acknowledgment of the order, how do they sell cars? What kind of a back up service do they provide?

I have now ordered with Spire of Watford, who have thus far been excellent!

Bring on the FPace fun times
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's safe to say the dealers do not exactly fill you with confidence.

Will see how it goes when I pick mine up, travelling up to Scotland then next day to an island on the west coast so a nice 900 odd mile round trip so should bet the engine in nicely.

After seeing the pics of the cars in the fields, it's a challenge to see where I can get a good pic on the small island!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Hoping for same call in next few days. Aiming for Sept 1st would be nice.
If it turns up before then may make me think but just want to get the thing now been longer than waiting for my kids to be born.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Hoping for same call in next few days. Aiming for Sept 1st would be nice.
If it turns up before then may make me think but just want to get the thing now been longer than waiting for my kids to be born.
When did you order?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Mbadger77 said:
Hoping for same call in next few days. Aiming for Sept 1st would be nice.
If it turns up before then may make me think but just want to get the thing now been longer than waiting for my kids to be born.
When did you order?
End of October
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Never mind the dealers not filling you with confidence mine went in for a rattle in B pillar and to have the ICTP fixed!! Whoop whoop, came out without a rattle.....RESULT!! ICTP still as bad as it was and now the door rubber I notice had been torn during removal and refitting. So a little pissed off! I have given JLR a financial proposal on a sliding scale of compensation for the ICTP not working and also formally recorded my dissatisfaction with the car, in that it was sold to me with known ICTP problems highlighted to the dealer pre collection and that the time frame of repair prior to rejection and replacement has begun. Done it before, looks like I'll be doing it again.......such a shame!!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top