Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any good news on here about the F Pace - I've looked around and am very hard pressed to find anyone with a good word to say.
I know these forums encourage people to write what has gone wrong and ways to fix them but there should also be sections on how everybody likes their cars surely?
I was a member of the F Type forum, now as you would probably be aware they also had some problems but the "moans" were constructive and people seemed to love their cars. I don't know perhaps its me, but I'm getting to the stage that I just don't want to look on here as it's just all doom and gloom!
To confirm, and judging by this forum, I must be a lucky one, I have had not one problem "yet" with my F Pace, I love the way it looks, it drives, the remote turn on and I am currently riding around with a big smile on my face which, TBH I didn't think I would be as happy after coming from a car like the F Type.
Don't get me wrong, there are some posts on here which I feel very sorry for the owners and totally get the anger and frustrations etc. all I am saying is, for all you out there that have had a positive experience PUT IT ON HERE TOO! I can't be the only one surely!!!!! ??

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nishco... read a post by Arianne named, "Should I bail...?" That tells you all you need to know....everyone, despite problems, loves them.

Read it the end...

G

·
As mentioned many love them.

I have been in some good handling cars over the years, and this for the size is brilliant.

I really have nothing bbad to say.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Nishso

I know why it feels that way, but there's lots of good posts too. Those of us with problems have been disproportionate in our views/comments/rants but that's to be expected. I apologise if any of my comments have irritated people but I have tried to keep them entirely factual to allow the reader to make an informed decision.

In case it's not obvious from my posts, I love this car. I just wanted a fully working one, which is being built next month. Having spoken at length with my dealer, and whilst he hasn't said so catagorically, I am pretty sure that there's been hardware modifications, and the cars leaving the factory now have a fully functioning ICTP system. Your experience bears this out, as does other.

My car was part of the mad August build/September delivery rush .. and I think I high percentage of those suffering problems had cars built at the same time.

I'm very excited about taking delivery of my JLR5.2 and posting lots of great stories in the weeks that follow.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I love mine handles the best of any SUV, very economical, even though its only 2.0 very nippy for a big car I had a Touareg before and Jag is a far better car.
I have had minor issue with reverse camera cured by update, rear parking sensor false readings that are very intermittent.
But wouldn't swap it for any other SUV out there at this time.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
There are question, niggles and moans from many of us but also there is a large silent majority. Even those of us with issues actually love the car as it ticks so so many boxes.
Size, technology, look and performance / handling.

Its not perfect and i've still got a few niggles but I am now getting much happier with the car and love so much of it.

Buy one and make your own mind up. Its not a bad car and gets a lot of attention.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As someone about to place an order it can be a little disconcerting when reading some of the posts on here. But so long as people are reasonable when posting about problems then at least you know what to look out for. As for positive comments very good to hear those as well. Anyway NISHSO show us some more photos of your fantastic looking car!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I replaced my 2012 BMW X3 with the F-Pace and after one month i still love the FP for the looks, handling and comfort. But i have/had more problems with this car in one month than i had with my 3 previous cars in 12 years.

None of the problems were/are serious but if i had to do it over again knowing what i know now i think i seriously would consider buying a new BMW for my peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think there are some issues on the cars but they don't outweigh the plus side. I advised Arianne to wait for his F-Pace IF he had the patience, its the sensible thing to do. But if you're looking to buy a Jaguar, why be sensible?

I still have a big grin on my face nearly six months in. The 2.0d is almost silent yet provides a surprising level of performance, sure its not the big 3.0d or sc but I value my licence more. The comfort is superb I have one niggle on the ride, I think its be design and the SUV high C of G, tomorrow I hope to eliminate that with a side by side comparison with a similar car, if not then its most likely specific issue on my car and those of the others with similar issues.

So far the dealers seem to me to be reactive and not proactive, that's sucks for this price range in my opinion. Bottom line is we take the F-Pace on all journeys that don't have 6'6" width restrictions... the cars is too wide for some urban regions! Everywhere else, its brilliant!

Jaguars do have quality issues, that's the bottom line, all cars probably do, but Jaguar don't know how to get the buyers on their side, they should put dealers on customer service courses, and cut the sales patter!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts