Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for my 2.0d R Sport which was built on 29th April which was exactly as had been planned for weeks. Since chasing the dealer I confirmed that the car was built on time and since then....... nothing. Car has not left the factory yet and has not progressed for 10 days.

No idea when it will be at the dealer and no clue when I can collect it. The flow of information is p... poor. How difficult can it be even to send a 1 line email to say - car built, delivery expected by xx. The information flow is like pulling teeth - all the customers are dragging the information from dealers rather than it being pushed forward to customers.

This seems to be a recurring theme. Love the look of the car but seriously not impressed. Passed on my thoughts today and hoping for a clear update tomorrow.

Come on Jaguar - get a grip....

2.0d R Sport AWD
Ultimate Black
22' Alloys
Should have collected by now!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine was also built week ending 29 April and I was told normally at least 2 weeks to get to dealer. In fact mine arrived today, but my dealer said they had put a priority on it. Fingers crossed yours should be at your dealers any day now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ajluker said:
Waiting for my 2.0d R Sport which was built on 29th April which was exactly as had been planned for weeks. Since chasing the dealer I confirmed that the car was built on time and since then....... nothing. Car has not left the factory yet and has not progressed for 10 days.

No idea when it will be at the dealer and no clue when I can collect it. The flow of information is p... poor. How difficult can it be even to send a 1 line email to say - car built, delivery expected by xx. The information flow is like pulling teeth - all the customers are dragging the information from dealers rather than it being pushed forward to customers.

This seems to be a recurring theme. Love the look of the car but seriously not impressed. Passed on my thoughts today and hoping for a clear update tomorrow.

Come on Jaguar - get a grip....

2.0d R Sport AWD
Ultimate Black
22' Alloys
Should have collected by now!
I feel your angst, i ordered my car last october paid a £2K deposit dont know anyone else who paid that much most paid £500. My car built on friday and now i suspect in the holding yard / car park at Solihul ...Dealer says the delivery is now in the hands of a 3rd party car transport company who deliver the cars... im guessing they will only deliver to certain garages in a radius of the towns cites etc when they have a full load of vehicles to take to that area. So depending on where you are and how many vehicles they have to move to that area could affect the delivery date.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also paid a £2k deposit because I added quite a few extras to the R Sport config. It would have been £500 for a straight R Sport. Hoping for good news tomorrow; mine is not going far from the factory. Jaguar just don't seem to be proactive. Hope you collect yours soon.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ajluker said:
I also paid a £2k deposit because I added quite a few extras to the R Sport config. It would have been £500 for a straight R Sport. Hoping for good news tomorrow; mine is not going far from the factory. Jaguar just don't seem to be proactive. Hope you collect yours soon.
Mine also an
R Sport but initially I didn't add much to the configure till February when I bumped the extras to make the vehicle price over £50k :eek: ... Well I hope they deliver yours and mine soon seems strange for it to take so long

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't confess to knowing exactly how it works, but from something my dealer said I'm guessing they actually call cars off based on customer demands, and transportation logistics / costs. The reason I say this is my dealer is supplying my car weeks early, but said something about specifically calling it off as they had a transporter full of range rovers, but with one remaining space available.
If the dealer was responsible for transportation costs, then they will obviously be looking to keep this to a minimum, however that could then lead to a situation where the delivery is not dependant on your specific build, but on the production of a number of JLR products required to fill up the transporter truck?
Given the wait we've all had, all I can suggest is putting pressure on your dealer to get it ASAP, regardless of potentially higher delivery costs to them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
P.S. - the above scenario is more guess work on my part so don't take it as gospel, but it doesn't seem unlikely does it?
Apologies in advance if I'm off the mark or have inadvertantly mislead anyone

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine was built 28th Apr, arrived at the dealer last Friday and I will collect tomorrow.

Once fully built your car will go to a standard Jag holding compound at Solihull for 1-2 days, after that its moved to the dealer call off compound (usually Baddesley J10 M1) where the dealer is meant to call it off for delivery to them within four days. From there 1-2 days to get to the dealer plus around 2 days of PDI and software updates etc

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm in a slightly similar boat but with less information. Apparently mine still says build date 6th May and Delivery June. I don't know yet if it was built or its sliding. I'm sure the first I will know about it will be when its at the dealers.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
And now I've found out some proper information that its a September delivery and always was but was told otherwise by sales. bit annoying as really thought I may be getting it any day.

I suggested it the other day but wouldn't hurt for details to come direct from Jaguar by text or email saying this is your build date / info and perhaps even inform you that car is built a few days after it is then the dealer can just say wait until you hear from jaguar as their info and mis information is very frustrating.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Been saying that for weeks the jaguar system for communication with its dealers and hence customers seems at best chaotic, obviously not capable of handling this volume of sales.

It's not a good intro in to first time ownership of the marque!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts