Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the treatments are performing as the manufacturers suggest .....eg no cleaning necessary ;)

On a normal waxed car in the real world ...if it rains or a single trip out and the car needs washing again :?

·
Registered
195 Posts
washed mine for the first time yesterday having had the Gtechniq treatment a week ago mainly to get rid of a load of bird poo (swifts nesting nearby) and everything came off easily with just a hose down, no sponges/cloths etc needed. A quick dry with a drying cloth and perfect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey mondeoman, so what aftercare is needed to maintain the car? How often do you need to wash the car and with what? Do you have to use their products?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Interested in this - saw somebody else used Gen 3 glass coat
Are there long term effects and how long does a treatment last as it's not cheap for any of these things.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had the Gtechniq Crystal Serum "composite ceramic technology" applied and this has a 7 year guarantee attached to it. This is their top of the range product and is not cheap. Of course there are conditions attached to the guarantee, like an annual inspection.

So far I am very impressed and the detailer I used in Crawley is brilliant, offering a great service. Have a look on the Gtechniq website - you can get typical prices for the different treatments, full description of all the products etc.

My first wash just needed water using a pressure washer on a medium pressure, and a drying cloth - easy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I picked mine up on Saturday 11/6....... Wasn't going to have the techniq but they offered it at half price....15 mins after I said I didn't want it....( I was speaking to a pal who owns a RRS and he says it was V good at the time so I bought it)....
I also bought the other insurances they offered....overall got £350 off the combined package.....so if I scuff an alloy,have a scrape,get an unrepairable puncture or get it stolen/ written off I'm covered :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
I presume you went with the additions the dealer offered?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
andymiller said:
I picked mine up on Saturday 11/6....... Wasn't going to have the techniq but they offered it at half price....15 mins after I said I didn't want it....( I was speaking to a pal who owns a RRS and he says it was V good at the time so I bought it)....
I also bought the other insurances they offered....overall got £350 off the combined package.....so if I scuff an alloy,have a scrape,get an unrepairable puncture or get it stolen/ written off I'm covered :)
Hi Andy what cover did you get and what was the cost? Did you read the other thread on here with various experiences?

·
Registered
184 Posts
andymiller said:
Who are "they" meaning are they your Jaguar dealer? If so did they offer you the usual Supergard or was it G techniq? If G techniq, may I ask how much you paid?

·
Registered
247 Posts
catalyst said:
andymiller said:
Who are "they" meaning are they your Jaguar dealer? If so did they offer you the usual Supergard or was it G techniq? If G techniq, may I ask how much you paid?
I believe all Jaguar dealers will only offer a Supagard treatment, they will NOT offer a Gtechniq treatment as they only deal through their appointed Gtechniq detailers. My own Gtechniq detailing package is booked through my detailer for the end of August. All prices are available on the Gtechniq website http://gtechniq.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts