Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had mine a few days, and loving it so far (still no faults to report) - but what feasible features would you like to see on a future F Pace? (no marks for saying "ICTP that works")

I'll start the ball rolling with:-

I'd like to still be able to use the Mood lighting in Dynamic mode (perhaps it could still all go red on selection of dynamic, but have the option of changing back to another colour.

Also the ability to access the vehicle cameras via an app would be good - all the technology is there - cameras, mobile connectivity, so should not be beyond the wit of man.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Growler said:
Also the ability to access the vehicle cameras via an app would be good - all the technology is there - cameras, mobile connectivity, so should not be beyond the wit of man.
No dealer service department would allow that. We would all be able to watch them perform a £400 service in less than 1/2 hr with parts costing under £70 :evil:

What I would like to see is the V6 engine available in the UK across the range, just like other countries.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Cameras to record footage and work over 22mph. I used to use my rear camera on the Evo to check the bike rack, saved me pulling over.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Dipping mirrors without the need to buy an expensive memory pack

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Cameras to record footage and work over 22mph. I used to use my rear camera on the Evo to check the bike rack, saved me pulling over.
I do not have the 360 camera system on mine but on my Evoque you could select the cameras at any speed, would be backwards if you still could not on the Fpace in my eyes.

Surprised you can not to be honest.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Luxury interior pack. Quality on upper end cars isn't quite there. Fine for the 2.0 basics but not once your pushing 50k plus.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I do not have the 360 camera system on mine but on my Evoque you could select the cameras at any speed, would be backwards if you still could not on the Fpace in my eyes.

So was I surprised , and annoyed. The loaner I had with rear camera could be selected at any speed, I don't understand why the full surround camera should not allow it, as youvday especially since our Evo's worked at any speed and that had an extra camera to the FP too as that had 5 cameras to FP's 4

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
CarlFRZ434 said:

So was I surprised , and annoyed. The loaner I had with rear camera could be selected at any speed, I don't understand why the full surround camera should not allow it, as youvday especially since our Evo's worked at any speed and that had an extra camera to the FP too as that had 5 cameras to FP's 4
I only have the rear camera, will check mine and let you know if it works.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
I only have the rear camera, will check mine and let you know if it works
Yes, the rear camera can be selected at any time when you're driving, whatever speed you're doing . . . but I can't think what real use that is, the picture looks really weird when you're speeding along and, actually, it's very distracting if you take your eyes off the road in front of you . . . hey, maybe that's what the driver of that RR was doing when they ended up driving 'over' that Audi, over on the other thread . . incredible! . . :lol:

Agree with Carl, above, if cars are fitted with cameras they should be able to record journey footage . . seems like a no-brainer really!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
catwoman said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Yes, the rear camera can be selected at any time when you're driving, whatever speed you're doing . . . but I can't think what real use that is, the picture looks really weird when you're speeding along and, actually, it's very distracting if you take your eyes off the road in front of you . . . hey, maybe that's what the driver of that RR was doing when they ended up driving 'over' that Audi, over on the other thread . . incredible! . . :lol:

Agree with Carl, above, if cars are fitted with cameras they should be able to record journey footage . . seems like a no-brainer really!
It has been quite handy CW when carrying bikes on tow bar or the boot box we also have. You can check the load hasn't shifted or twisted on the tow bar going round bends. Had to buy the boot box as Evoque boot was half the size of the Disco.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Rear camera could be selected at NY speed on the original demonstrator I drove but not on my car or the demonstrator I had last weekend. Fault or deliberate modification to original spec??

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Washer jets in wiper arms per previous XF 2012-215
Window switches lower in arm rest away from the top by the window , memory switches moved anywhere but where they are, but still accessible!
Remove all the silly switches under right hand side of dash into ergonomic position and line of sight
Navigation system where North can always be pointing up
No gap between rear seat and parcel shelf if non reclining rear seat selected
Standard cup holder cover
Seat belt clips that don't have a ridge that stops fingers pressing belt release (am I the only one who dislikes this?)
Optional dash cam feature, preferably all four directions (forward, backward, left, right)
Front passenger seat that can fold forward (aka Volvo) to allow long loads

·
Registered
688 Posts
4G!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
catwoman said:
Jagfpacejk said:

We used to put the front cameras on the Evoque and drive along, its like watching a video game of gran turismo, made my eyes go weird. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
catwoman said:
Jagfpacejk said:

It has been quite handy CW when carrying bikes on tow bar or the boot box we also have. You can check the load hasn't shifted or twisted on the tow bar going round bends. Had to buy the boot box as Evoque boot was half the size of the Disco.
Is that the new Evoque model with longer boot :lol:

Wow thats some rear tow bar arm.

·
Registered
363 Posts
catwoman said:
Jagfpacejk said:

In the US it's a legal requirement on new cars to have a rear camera that can be used / accessed at any speed.... I asked the JLR guys when I was at Gaydon....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts