Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - I placed a $5,000 USD deposit in November 2015 for an S model with tech pack, black package, and 22" wheels. My vehicle had a planned April 8 build date and May 4 expected hand over date.

The vehicle is still at the factory even though nearly 300 S models have been built and shipped to the US after mine. I cannot get a straight answer on what is happening. The most recent response is that Jaguar has been waiting on a piece of trim that was out-of stock. How can a piece of trim be out of stock for nearly two months and while identical S models are rolling out the door.

I am now demanding that Jaguar build another vehicle with the same specs and put it on a ship within 10 days.

Can anyone give an answer to what may be happening and what you would do if in the same position? I was told this affected 22 vehicles with an April 8 build date.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It was your black pack. Well documented that a bunch of S models with black packs had parts shortages and were waiting for a very long time to get the parts. It was a part of the black pack trim that was specific to the S. That said, it should have been sourced by now and on its way to you. Hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think close to 100 S models were delivered to the US during the past 10 days.

The only models that are doing really well in the US are the S and R Sport. The base, Premium, and Prestige have not been well received at all. They are now being used strictly as test models by most dealers. The First Edition was not a major hit.

We keeping hearing a lot of rumors and they get spread because Jaguar and their US dealers have done a terrible job with communicating to those of us who pre-ordered. In fact this has been the worst roll out of a new vehicle that I have seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lofty said:
Can't believe so many S versions have gone to America and there are hardly any here in uk
Lo and behold the Track and Trace website now shows my F-Pace at the port in Southampton and is expected to arrive at the US port on June 19.

There are an additional 28 S models on the ship.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.