Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to have a conversation with a senior Jaguar manager last week. He told me that a full size spare means that you end up with a bump in the boot floor. For a flat floor you need to specify the skinny.
He also said that my dealer should have told me this!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting as the photo's on the configurator don't suggest that the wheel will encroach into the floor.....Would also limit the practicability of the actual floor - Something to check out further when I next talk to dealer or when at the launch event as having the can of foam and a compressor is no good to anyone who has had a puncture!

Suppose the skinny wheel saves £200 (or actually gives you £200 towards justifying the next option on the list!), but downside is that getting a 22" wheel and tyre for £350 is somewhat of a bargain. Need to now understand exactly if/how it impacts the load space floor as another option could be to still get a to get the full size spare and then look on popular auction sites for a skinny with same spec.

More research required for me on this topic..........

·
Registered
260 Posts
Will be interested to hear what you find all find out on further investigation. I was impressed to see a full size spare wheel listed. My current car has run flats and him indoor's X3 has non-run flats and a can of squirt - neither inspire me with confidence. But like mb8388 I'm not sure I can live with a bump in the boot floor. Now if the full size spare leaves a bulge in the floor, do you think Jaguar would sell a run flat and a full size tyre together at the price listed? Then the full size one could be stored in the garage.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Apparently you will lose the reversible floor, and with reduce the floor depth by approximately 3 ½ " for the full size spare.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So I read this as 'the full size speed limiting' wheel (skinny) as not losing any boot space, and remaining flat - Still question mark on exactly what happens with a proper 'full size' spare - Do we loose 3 1/2 " of overall boot floor-space, but remain flat (which in my view could be fine), or do we have a 'bump' in floor......

It's on my list of asks when I'm in Manchester next week....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Such a confusing and conflicting pieces of information for what is essentially a simple extra! Clear that jag dealers don't really know what the situation is.... When is a full size spare not a full size spare? - Countdown to Thursday where I will be asking the Jag reps at Manchester so will keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys,

I can confirm that the Full Size does impact the boot space due to the aforementioned hump in the boot floor.

FYI - Taking any spare wheel at all vs the Tyre Repair Kit will unfortunately take up the storage space under the boot floor which normally used for stowing the parcel shelf.

There's a bit of compromise in there but the number of people taking a Full Size Spare is <5% Globally. The engineering balancing act was between raising the boot floor for 100% of people and restricting luggage space in favour of underfloor or keeping it low and giving more space in the luggage compartment (class leading at 650 litres) for 95%.

·
Registered
410 Posts
All, fresh from jaguar. The full size spare IS NOT the same as the alloy wheels you spec on the car so the bargain of a spare if you curb a wheel is now invalid. Both the full size spare and the space saver raise the boot floor by 3" and you lose the reversible boot floor. Needless to say I have now cancelled this as an option...

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK, so there is now some debate the above being a fact for the Space Saver but it is correct for the Full Size Spare...

·
Registered
106 Posts

If it's not an actual 22" alloy, I don't see why jaguar would have this pic linked to the option on the configurator? Surely that would cause some big problems when peoples car turn up with a steelie and not an alloy :?

Our dealer told us it's definitely a 22" to match the wheels we've ordered. I'll be asking the question when we go to castle brom anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
DAL said:
All, fresh from jaguar. The full size spare IS NOT the same as the alloy wheels you spec on the car so the bargain of a spare if you curb a wheel is now invalid. Both the full size spare and the space saver raise the boot floor by 3" and you lose the reversible boot floor. Needless to say I have now cancelled this as an option...
The space saver DOES NOT raise the load board, nor effect the reversible floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can confirm;
- Space Saver spare does not raise the boot floor but Full Size does
- Full Size wheel is identical to the other alloy's on the car

Any dealer that tells you otherwise is misinformed

(source: worked on F-PACE)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Tiller, all, I'm not saying my information is right. However this came from Jaguar when my dealer was on the official F PACE training. Apparently the Jaguar person even double checked before sharing with my dealer contact?

Make sense for the space saver not to impact the boot etc but think we need more clarity on the full size spare

Confusing right

1 - 20 of 51 Posts