Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of my new F-pace and although I'm delighted with the car there is one issue that annoys me. Unfortunately I discovered this forum too late and didn't amend my order for a space saving spears wheel in the boot. I've ended up with the hideous full size whee that eats into the boot.

I contacted my local dealer and they said they could replace it with a space saving option and flat boot floor for £650.

Is anyone aware of how I could go about this privately and bypass my local dealer?

£650 seems excessive.

Your thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem. Nobody at dealers realised how big a problem the full sized wheel would be as the initial pictures only showed the wheel not in position. I ordered the flat boot cover thinking I could get a spare wheel from elsewhere. When I went to collect it I was told there was no charge.The RR space saver is the same size but the bolt fixings are different. The XE space saver has the right bolt size 14mm and the same spacings but the wheel is only 18inch and ends up far too small with suitable tyre. After explaining this to my dealer on social visit for coffee and biscuits they ordered the space saver rim for me. When I went to collect the rim I was told this was also foc as a Goodwill gesture. The tyre was difficult to find Continental 175/85 19. A company in Whitehaven called Camskill supplied in 24 hrs for £87. Now in my boot with flat floor. Dogs in back today for visit to Kirby Londsdale and swim in river Lune with Hatchbag bootliners. Full size spare wheel on shelf in garage with four full size wheels I have for my Discovery.You do not need full space saver kit for £300 plus vat as you already have jack and wheel brace. You would have to shorten hold down bolt a little. About 50mm. What you need is a decent dealer. Mine is H A Fox in Preston.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
RV6pilot said:
I had the same problem. Nobody at dealers realised how big a problem the full sized wheel would be as the initial pictures only showed the wheel not in position. I ordered the flat boot cover thinking I could get a spare wheel from elsewhere. When I went to collect it I was told there was no charge.The RR space saver is the same size but the bolt fixings are different. The XE space saver has the right bolt size 14mm and the same spacings but the wheel is only 18inch and ends up far too small with suitable tyre. After explaining this to my dealer on social visit for coffee and biscuits they ordered the space saver rim for me. When I went to collect the rim I was told this was also foc as a Goodwill gesture. The tyre was difficult to find Continental 175/85 19. A company in Whitehaven called Camskill supplied in 24 hrs for £87. Now in my boot with flat floor. Dogs in back today for visit to Kirby Londsdale and swim in river Lune with Hatchbag bootliners. Full size spare wheel on shelf in garage with four full size wheels I have for my Discovery.You do not need full space saver kit for £300 plus vat as you already have jack and wheel brace. You would have to shorten hold down bolt a little. About 50mm. What you need is a decent dealer. Mine is H A Fox in Preston.
Great to hear a dealer looking after there customers especially H A Fox as some of the other dealerships have had a hard time on here from others.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When did you order? I was all for ordering a full size spare, but all the sales guys at my dealer said they'd seen the boot at Jaguar with a full size spare in on their training/familiarisation so I shouldn't go near it. This was right back when the test drive cars became available

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered in January, I think this was before the familiarisation training. Would have half expected someone from the dealership to let me know beforehand but that never happened.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I didn't bother with any wheels!! My sales guy tried saying get the spacesaver....I said OK brains!! I get a puncture going on holiday with a full boot get the space saver on where the Fuc£ do I then put the full size wheel???? My wife has just had her first punctured tyre in 30 yrs!!! I'll take my chances with glue and inflator kit whilst enjoying the extra below boot floor stowage!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the choice right with space saver and flat floor. Delivered with full size and bump!
Three weeks on Tuesday 18th and I'm still waiting for the correct solution.
How can it take 3 weeks to get a wheel and a bit of floor?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Nick001, £500 for complete set including new floor, jack and skinny size polystyrene fitting and the 175 x 80 x 19 wheel and tyre. Overall diameter is 31". This is a genuine Jaguar part. It is unused. Courier charges would also have to be paid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.