Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had my 2017 2.0d R sport awd for 10 days and although I love the car overall, I'm disappointed with the fuel consumption. Seems I relied on the figures that AutoTrader puts on its ads and believed I'd get slightly over 50 mpg combined when in reality all I'm getting is around 37 - 40mpg tops according to the trip computer, also when refuelling the range is only around 370 miles for a 60 litre tank which equates to around 28 mpg which doesn't add up to what the trip computer is telling me!! Anyone else had something similar??

·
Registered
332 Posts
think yourself lucky mine as 81 litre capacity I’m lucky to get 250 miles out of that and getting 16 mpg from normal drinking £115 per fill up
They never do what the official figures say . The trip computer could be total mpg from new the range will go up and down so ignore that 28 mpg is what I’d expect from your car (urban driving) if your getting around 40mpg that’s amazing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey, your only getting 16mpg - although I suspect your running a slightly bigger lump than my 2.0d!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Only had my 2017 2.0d R sport awd for 10 days and although I love the car overall, I'm disappointed with the fuel consumption. Seems I relied on the figures that AutoTrader puts on its ads and believed I'd get slightly over 50 mpg combined when in reality all I'm getting is around 37 - 40mpg tops according to the trip computer, also when refuelling the range is only around 370 miles for a 60 litre tank which equates to around 28 mpg which doesn't add up to what the trip computer is telling me!! Anyone else had something similar??
My old 2.0d r-sport used to return around 44 on a run and around 32 in town.
I did once get 49 out of it, but that was when driving it like “miss daisy” at 50 mph !!

Reactions: hssboy16

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try measuring fill to fill fuel and mileage, trip computer range will depend on how you are driving just after you fill up, and even if you are accelerating gently, you will be starting from rest and shuffling around the fuel station forecourt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 3.0D XFS (275PS) returned around 34 mpg over c5 years. My 2.0 petrol F-Pace is averaging 28 over 5k+ miles. My 4.2 XK8 is averaging 24 mpg over 2 years I've had it. All measured brim to brim fill ups.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Zarakoff must be having more fun than me, 😉 I’m averaging 23.2mpg, although I think that was due to a recent trip from London to Glasgow and back then a week later up to the lakes and back, think the best stint I got just over 28mpg, and was surprised it managed to get to Glasgow with some to spare 😳.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I seem to remember Zarakov has an SVR hence low milage BUT if you try hard enough you can do the same In any FPace, the 3.0 D will do over 40 mpg on a run, hard driving or autobahn it will be much less.
the 2.0D driven like Miss Daisy will do 50mph - my wife did it, on a run 45mpg is realistic. Long term average on ours was 42mpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Zarakoff must be having more fun than me, 😉 I’m averaging 23.2mpg, although I think that was due to a recent trip from London to Glasgow and back then a week later up to the lakes and back, think the best stint I got just over 28mpg, and was surprised it managed to get to Glasgow with some to spare 😳.
yes there’s no holding back so I’m pleased With 16mpg (all done within the speed limits)
On a run though I can get 30 mpg so when needed they aren’t to bad really
My m4 is not much better than this so can’t complain

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having read the replies to my op it seems my 2.0d returning anywhere between 25 - 40mpg is about the norm so it seems, although I will be hoping for the latter more often than the 25 or so mpg!!🤞

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes there’s no holding back so I’m pleased With 16mpg (all done within the speed limits)
On a run though I can get 30 mpg so when needed they aren’t to bad really
My m4 is not much better than this so can’t complain
I'm running the 3.0 SC petrol and get 17-18mph around town and the best I've averaged on a run is 29mpg.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’ve got the 163HP manual and I regularly get between 45 - 50 mpg on a decent run sometime slightly over. Shorter runs or around town give me 30 - 35 mpg. I obviously don’t rag it but as I live in Nottingham where there are speed camera almost everywhere it’s a habit I’ve just got into.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Light Map World Font Line

Found a better one. Was after a quick service station stop so warm engine and 98% motorway driving with a good stretch of 50mph restricted roadworks

·
Registered
521 Posts
We average mid to low 30s in our 2.0D 180PS with a variety of driving from town to motorways. This figure is based on fuel receipts and not the trip computer as the latter consistently reports consumption as 2 mpg better than it actually is.

·
Registered
685 Posts
You can get astonishing MPG at moderate speed, do check the estimated dashboard readout against measured fuel used it can easily be 10% worse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My journey to work is motorway but as it's mostly M25 it's often limited to 50 or 60 mph, and the car does 50 mpg. Running around locally it's about 44. It's a 2.0d 180ps

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm averaging 25mpg with the 3.0 supercharged. Usually get 30ish on a motorway run. Best ever is 36mpg with the ACC hooked on to the back of a lorry for most of the journey as I was running early. With short local journeys it is low-mid teens.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had another trip up to Scotland earlier, had the ACC set at 70, which made it run at approx 1600 rpm, managed 29mpg and that was 94% on the Acc, 4% speeding up/slowing down and parking up etc and 2% seeing how quick I could get up to speed from the toll booth 😉
Overall for the trip, London-Glasgow-London with a mixture of steady Acc, keeping up with the flow and some safe overtakes the cars “lie-o-meter” is indicating 27.8mpg, so I would say 24mpg wouldn’t be far off

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interesting reading what others are getting with their own particular vehicles/engines. I've just done 48 miles with a mix of urban/motorway and trip computer tells me I was getting just over 42mpg which I'm happy with to be honest, although as I said in my op it's the range after refuelling which doesn't equate to the mpg I'm supposed to be achieving!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts