Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - for those lucky enough to already have had their cars (I assume virtually all 3.0d FEs), what is the real life fuel consumption you are getting?

·
Registered
948 Posts
These figures are worse than I'm getting from my RRS, seriously hope I get mid thirties.

·
Registered
207 Posts
21mpg, I did use my right foot thoroughly though on a 98mile trip this afternoon, as well as being caught in traffic for nearly an hr... so... not sure if this is a true reflection

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think 34 is decent. No way you'll get the 40-50 claimed :)

My XF gets about 34 max on its 3.0 D S, averaging about 22-27 but many short journeys, town driving etc.

I'll be really interested to see what I get out of my Petrol !

·
Registered
948 Posts
Considering how much heavier and less aerodynamic the big RangeRover Sport is compared to the F-Pace I'll be very disappointed if I can't get between 35-40mpg average.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Some seriously dreadful fuel figures emerging for the f pace. I'll be awfully disappointed if I can't achieve 40 + on a run and 35 locally when my 2.0 d f pace awd auto arrives. I live in a hilly area with lots of traffic lights. My old 1999 free lander 2l diesel did that, although it didn't have the extra weight of auto, and 0 to 60 would be measured in minutes.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
AlSnr said:
Some seriously dreadful fuel figures emerging for the f pace. I'll be awfully disappointed if I can't achieve 40 + on a run and 35 locally when my 2.0 d f pace awd auto arrives. I live in a hilly area with lots of traffic lights. My old 1999 free lander 2l diesel did that, although it didn't have the extra weight of auto, and 0 to 60 would be measured in minutes.
Remember everyone commenting are pretty much first editions and they are 3.0 diesels. 40-50 MPG is the official line but I'd say no chance of that in the real world. Your 2 litre has a 50-60 MPG and I'd probably say no chance of that but around the 40 odd would be decent ? Don't know how they get figures of up to 60 MPG but great if you can get close to that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
After I test drove the 3.0d S, I checked the mpg and it was reading around 25mpg (I was driving with a heavy foot tho).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This might be helpful as a proxy?

I have a 181PS, 4cyl Diesel engine on our Volvo XC60. It weighs about the same as the F-Pace and it is the latest engine design from Volvo. Importantly for this post, it uses the same design principles as the JLR Ingenium engine.

We achieve urban about 35mpg and on long run up to 48mpg if you really try hard, which isn't an easy or fun way of driving. Reality exists somewhere in that zone. I would suggest that the F-Pace Ingenium diesels will be similar.

My only caveat is that, if you are an enthusiastic driver who likes to press on, I wonder whether the figures might fall slightly because the ZF auto box tends to drop a gear quite frequently to hone in on the perfect spot in the torque band and then hold onto the gear for longer. That's my only caveat with the smaller engine. Drive carefully and I think good economy should be possible but I suspect the figures will fall dramatically if you choose some heavy acceleration.

Arianne

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mbadger77 said:

My XF gets about 34 max on its 3.0 D S, averaging about 22-27 but many short journeys, town driving etc.

I just traded an xf 3.0d s and easily got 42 on motorway driving could get 46/47 if I tried

On a 1200 mile round trip to Germany I averaged 41 mpg and that was averaging 80 plus in Germany

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Paoadoc said:
Mbadger77 said:

I just traded an xf 3.0d s and easily got 42 on motorway driving could get 46/47 if I tried

On a 1200 mile round trip to Germany I averaged 41 mpg and that was averaging 80 plus in Germany
I must do the heavy foot overtaking a lot more :) - I got around 35 on the french Motorways doing around 85 most the time.

·
Registered
948 Posts
White13 said:
I have done about 520 miles in my FE over the last week, approx 280 of that on the motorway, the rest relatively short journeys around town, overall I am averaging 36.8 mpg.
I'd be happy with that figure, 36.8mpg is similar to that of my A6 3.0tdi when I had it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My Audi A5 Quattro 3D auto has averaged 37.2 over three years and 30k miles with a best long run from Shropshire to Devon of 44.1 and a worst of 27.2 on a 4 hour blitz across Wales left in sport mode. So if I was seeing 36.8 I would be pleased, however I am betting my petrol will be close to my 53 plate RR 3D, around 23, but might well get down to mid teens if really pushed..... Still it will sound nice in the process and the increased residuals will help offset the extra fuel cost on my 8-10k per annum mileage.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts