Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front parking sensors are intermittent, the rear sensors are 100% can anyone come up with a reason front sensors are faulty

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I was last in with the service department I mentioned the same issue to the technician. He suggested the technique he uses... when pulling forwards into a spot, quickly flick it into Neutral and then back into Drive. The front parking sensors will be activated the same as if you put it into Reverse.

It does work consistently this way (although I do wish it would come on automatically at slow speeds as my last car did, so hoping JLR 'fix' this in future)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MikeN said:
When I was last in with the service department I mentioned the same issue to the technician. He suggested the technique he uses... when pulling forwards into a spot, quickly flick it into Neutral and then back into Drive. The front parking sensors will be activated the same as if you put it into Reverse.

It does work consistently this way (although I do wish it would come on automatically at slow speeds as my last car did, so hoping JLR 'fix' this in future)
Thanks for that, when they did activate I had done a couple of shunts, now I can turn them on when I need them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
rsport_paul said:
I always press the button and seems to do the trick.
So do I.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
i have to also agree i only press the button, never rely on if it is or is not on without the button press is my advice.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I didn't even think they came on automatically.... I too just press the button ... takes 1 sec

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.