Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's why I like car forums I learn stuff. So the XF front parking sensor is in the roof..... Random location but now I know. Why the roof though? It's like the internal boot release and rear fog light switch....underneath the knee roll of the dash and impossible for anyone over 6ft to see without ducking their heads down to look, not great in foggy weather. I have opened the. Boot when looking for the fog lights... So how many random switch locations in the FPace? Should be another thread really, sorry!

·
Registered
539 Posts
My parking sensor button doesn't seem to do anything when I press it? It stays greyed out?

Also the park assist button stays grey.

It doesn't beep going forward either.

Is something broken?

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
The button is on the touch screen ... If you start engine and press button it will flash 3 or 4 times then extinguish :eek: ....if you put it in drive and push button the line underneath turns orange (drive towards a wall slowly )and the front /360 seniors work :D the screen changes to graphic aerial view of the car showing which seniors are being activated ...hope this helps :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi sonic I am just looking at the picture and on the right the speaker icon has a x through it ,which would suggest it is in mute mode . You could try touching the speaker icon to take it off mute . Just an idea .

·
Registered
208 Posts
SonicPace said:
Does your reverse have these same icons? I get no beeps when reversing.
Sonic - you probably just have the volume turned all the way down on the park sensors. The volume is adjustable. Next time you have it in reverse and are near something that _should_ be making it beep, turn the volume up. Each system in the Jag has separate volume levels (stereo, phone, nav voice, parking aid) that are adjusted independently of each other. It is possible the volume for your parking sensors are just turned down. Might be worth a try before a possibly unnecessary service visit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
That's why I like car forums I learn stuff. So the XF front parking sensor is in the roof..... Random location but now I know. Why the roof though? It's like the internal boot release and rear fog light switch....underneath the knee roll of the dash and impossible for anyone over 6ft to see without ducking their heads down to look, not great in foggy weather. I have opened the. Boot when looking for the fog lights... So how many random switch locations in the FPace? Should be another thread really, sorry!
I don't think you can blame jag for the fact you can't find the right button

·
Registered
539 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
SonicPace said:
Does your reverse have these same icons? I get no beeps when reversing.
Sonic - you probably just have the volume turned all the way down on the park sensors. The volume is adjustable. Next time you have it in reverse and are near something that _should_ be making it beep, turn the volume up. Each system in the Jag has separate volume levels (stereo, phone, nav voice, parking aid) that are adjusted independently of each other. It is possible the volume for your parking sensors are just turned down. Might be worth a try before a possibly unnecessary service visit.
Unfortunately I think it's broken :D it's being booked into the garage for a look.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
To Paoadoc...
Yes I can blame Jag for not finding the right button, consider the science of ergonomics (if necessary look it up on Wikipedia). Putting a fog light switch out of sight below knee level in this day and age is ridiculous and dangerous. Clearly the switch location was an afterthought not an initial design requirement! Why put the boot release next to it and not on the driver door with all the other door/opening options? Probably because they forgot at the time and added it later when the door tooling was complete so it couldn't be changed without huge cost but the under dash area wasn't! The fog light switch/control/option needs to be near the other lighting controls! Every other car I've had recently follows this idea, but not Jaguar!

Yes I freely admit that I didn't find the front parking sensor switch but that's because I'm looking towards the front of the car, not upwards to the roof, when driving but putting the switch there suggests this is a requirement - wrong on every level!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sorry, not the F Pace the old XF model,

And apologies for being off topic but I was never aware of controls for the front parking sensor... and my subsequent point (which should be a separate thread I agree) is that Jaguar still haven't learnt the idea of function before design. I do hope the F Pace is better as each generation of Jag catches up with the real world (at least from the point of view of the inside of the car), so maybe it has. I don't have the time to spend playing in the demonstrators to discover all these issues, I expect a modern manufacturer to do it right (I'm a mad optimist!). Anyway enough... in time the F Pace faults will be listed here as in all other forums, but only if we ever get our cars!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts