Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 'no-grill bars' feature come as an integral part of the 3L variants, petrol and diesel. We need something to differentiate the 2L and 3L cars externally from the front ..............

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jacksoag said:
The 'no-grill bars' feature come as an integral part of the 3L variants, petrol and diesel. We need something to differentiate the 2L and 3L cars externally from the front ..............
I think this is what they are trying to achieve the look of the 3 litre, not because they want to make people think its a 3 litre maybe more due to the fact they prefer the 3 litre front bumper?

Or maybe they do want people to think its a 3 litre from the front but from the back the exhaust will give it away every time.

I would expect the bar to be either part of the bumper molding or attached to the grill, either way i would be surprised if it was a simple matter of undoing a few parts and removing it, your either need some bodywork done or a replacement grill.

·
Registered
419 Posts
"Or maybe they do want people to think its a 3 litre from the front but from the back the exhaust will give it away every time".

Not when Mat at Spires has devised a little something like this it won't. :lol:

Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
YORKIE said:
"Or maybe they do want people to think its a 3 litre from the front but from the back the exhaust will give it away every time".

Not when Mat at Spires has devised a little something like this it won't. :lol:

View attachment 2601
What he has made a Fpace turn into a XF, now thats very clever. :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I could probably find a very useful purpose for a cleaver. Did I not say like this? Oh dear some mothers do have em.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Or maybe they do want people to think its a 3 litre from the front but from the back the exhaust will give it away every time.
That's ok. Will only ever be looking at it through my rear view mirror :)
Thats racers talk that is, next your be called out for a traffic light grand prix.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Thats racers talk that is, next your be called out for a traffic light grand prix. :D :lol: :shock: :eek: :twisted:

·
Registered
307 Posts
The easy option would be to wrap the section.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Yes it can be done.

Once you remove the "bar" it will leave slots in the surround and clips in the grille mesh. You will have to purchase 2 new surrounds and grilles, for the F-Pace S and refit.

I think it will probably necessitate the removal of the front bumper section to access the grilles.

I have a European 3.0D R Sport, not available in UK and have also considered removing the bar. Mine has 2 individual exhaust pipes! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Russell said:
Yes it can be done.

Once you remove the "bar" it will leave slots in the surround and clips in the grille mesh. You will have to purchase 2 new surrounds and grilles, for the F-Pace S and refit.

I think it will probably necessitate the removal of the front bumper section to access the grilles.

I have a European 3.0D R Sport, not available in UK and have also considered removing the bar. Mine has 2 individual exhaust pipes! :D
Do you mean you have a 2 litre version with bars or 3 litre version as all 3 litre version have 2 individual exhaust pipes?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Russell said:
EU F-Pace R is available with both engine options mine is a 3.0D, with the 3.0D exhaust pipes on both sides of the vehicle
Strange how different countries have different options. i am sure UK customers would like the same options, did it would out cheaper to buy and drive home and do you get a UK warranty or have to take it back to country of purchase for recalls ect?

·
Banned
444 Posts
I keep it at my home in Spain, it's left hand drive. The warranty is international on all Jaguars however EU / UK cars have 3 years cover & USA 5 years but in USA the warranty expires at mileage in excess of 60,000.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys, interesting remarks, thanks, especially to Russ. To be honest I just prefer the look of the car withot the "bar" across the grill, it was not my intention to make out that I was a sheep in wolfs clothing and as one contriutor noted, if that were the intention the double pipes would give the game away. My E300 had large front grills like the FP and also twin pipes, which to be honest I do miss, simply because I enjoyed seeing the steam rise early in the morning (sstrange things stimulate strange people). If as Russel advises, holes will be left, then I wont bother, it was just a thought - wrapping is alos a good idea and if I get the rear valance wrapped, I'll add the bars. Thanks again for your contributions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
iloveabersoch said:
Hi Guys, my F-Pace R Design has silver bars across the front air scoop grills which I'd like to remove - does anyone know how or is at all possible wihout leaving a horrible mess ? View attachment 2598
You're not the only one that wants to get rid of this senseless bar, I think aesthetically it looks a lot better without it. Im going to give it bash to remove it once I get my F-Pace, if not the wrapping in black sounds like a good alternative.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Joemax said:
iloveabersoch said:
Hi Guys, my F-Pace R Design has silver bars across the front air scoop grills which I'd like to remove - does anyone know how or is at all possible wihout leaving a horrible mess ? View attachment 2598
You're not the only one that wants to get rid of this senseless bar, I think aesthetically it looks a lot better without it. Im going to give it bash to remove it once I get my F-Pace, if not the wrapping in black sounds like a good alternative.
It may appear senseless but It's a way that jaguar have used to show differences between models, all other manufactures in some way do the same.

Before you attempt any alterations worth checking that it does not invalidate any warranties ect.

Better to be safe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Thats racers talk that is, next your be called out for a traffic light grand prix. :D :lol: :shock: :eek: :twisted:
Careful, we all know YORKIE's feelings towards "reckless" driving ;) ;) :twisted:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts