Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last, I had the call today that I can pick up my long awaited (since Sept 15)F-Pace 3.0 Petrol SC. hope its all I imagined, as I never had a chance to drive a petrol version before.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mike, you will have seen me eulogizing about it other threads, its a great car, I expect you might have some teething issues with the ITCP as a lot of us have (hopefully you be lucky and avoid), BUT that does not take away from the drive, performance and the exhaust howl, simply intoxicating.... they will fix the s/w glitches they have to its every Jag and going in the LR cars... in my opinion this is standout car..... and IMHO you have made the best engine choice to generate maximum emotional engagement....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes 600 miles in now in just a few days and generally loving it, a nice practical car with decent levels of,comfort.
The tech and ICTP is fantastic - I've only had an issue with the CD so far but all else working great right now
The engine - well you might not need your ICTP working and I even sometimes turn the music down just to hear the engine.
I'm running in and keeping revs as per Ftype run in instructions of 4.5 K (generally under 4K) and am struggling to realise the sound and the pure pace of this thing if I get it up to 6K revs. You'll need some long open clear roads !! A premium down here in SW London

The engineering is great, handling is really impressive and it's a great car. I guarantee within a mile or less of the dealers you'll give it a little rumble and give out a yeehaa or a big grin or some thing depending on your personality :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
how does your MPG stack up with the conservative run-in driving?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
jinjin said:
Not great :) even conservative you just can't help,yourself making a little grin and fun from anything even keeping revs down.
I'm at 24MPG on a recent 500 mile trip with half on motorway and rest a mixture of stuff.

Like I've always said the actual amount of money I'd lose a year on the petrol is inconsequential to me and doesn't matter. If the diesel gets maybe 10 miles a gallon more over 5-6K miles it's not that much and I'll happily pay just for real difference it gives.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The howl will be with those extra pounds a the pump alone

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
jinjin said:
Not great :) even conservative you just can't help,yourself making a little grin and fun from anything even keeping revs down.
I'm at 24MPG on a recent 500 mile trip with half on motorway and rest a mixture of stuff.

Like I've always said the actual amount of money I'd lose a year on the petrol is inconsequential to me and doesn't matter. If the diesel gets maybe 10 miles a gallon more over 5-6K miles it's not that much and I'll happily pay just for real difference it gives.
exactly the excitement is worth the money if the finances work for you, and given my 10k annual mileage it does me, 1700 miles in and really enjoying it (ITCP issues aside)

I think the phrase people use is petrol head, not diesel head :D and I have driven 3 D's of various manufacturers for the last decade, yes they are quick and economical and lots of torque etc. but they lack soul versus the SC, the visceral thrill you get from red lining the SC I would never get from a diesel.

who knows I might have a 3D Epace next... but for now the FP SC is an every day treat :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ I do miss my days of JLR V8 supercharged cars (2x RRS & 1x XKR) .. I'm sure the V6 has the same characteristics. It has a personality. You can feel the DNA!

Blown away however by the 3.0 diesel. My first ever diesel car. OK you know it's an oil burner on start up. Has a bit of clatter, and at idle there's some vibration through the pedal and a teensy bit of noise in the cabin. Above 1000 rpm however and it's turbine smooth - feels hugely muscular and the way it builds speed from 1200 - 3000 rpm is incredible. Has that detached feeling that I'm sure the SC doesn't, but if you want a super refined (almost limo quality) experience it's so very accomplished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts