Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered 2.0AWD Auto Portfolio in Italian Red/Latte leather... a few options added but the standard spec if immense. Current 2013 XF 2.2 Auto convinced me that Jaguar auto box is a dream. I just hope the "electrickery" is more reliable, the XF had its moments! :roll:

·
Registered
31 Posts
same spec as me,i have a xf sports brake in italian red at the moment,3 years old and has been a great car. it has gone up for sale today at a mates
garage as my jag dealer has quoted a trade in value two grand less than i expected

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(Boxbrownie) Delivery - an optimistic September, but I'm not in a rush (give them time to get it right). Haven't talked about a trade in value as yet, I doubt they'll offer me what I want.

(Curly) Had thought about selling the XF privately and buying something "interesting" to get me by, but I think I may waste more money than the depreciation. I think my fear is that all cars I've sold privately before were £5k or less and clearly a 3yr old XF with <20k miles is worth more. Still sitting on the fence on this idea.

(bluediamond013) The interior choice was most difficult. I decided that the rear was quite dark (Dealer has silver with privacy glass and a red also with privacy glass but a dark blue one didn't have it and had a light-ish interior. My one concern (and its trivial as I don't plan to sit in the back :) is that the rear window is small and even with the glass roof the back is a bit dark. Hence the light interior, the Oyster was too stark for my taste, think the latte is a touch "warmer" more engaging.

I have opted for opening roof, I don't like sunroofs as a rule but think that for £300 I may as well have the option of opening it (no leaks please!!!)

Also In-Control Touch-Pro looks worthwhile and the dynamic suspension. My thinking is these are the things people will want so the residual value should be better or the sale-ability easier. Does In-Control Touch-Pro track the car location and constantly send this to some data centre? Not overly bothered but don't like "Big Brother"

I see everyone seems to like "big wheels" , I'm not a fan but only because the tyre replacement cost will scare me! My dealer also said the Activity Key can be added later after I get the car if I want one, I think this might be the most significant option.

I have concerns about theft, my XF attracted a lot of unwanted attention (including an attempted break in to get the keys) so the security of the Activity Key worries me, I wonder if a clever hacker will find a quick way to scan the F Pace rear badge and open the cars... and if the keys are in it ... you get the idea, I don't want to it another 9months for a replacement!

Finally my personal wish list
Why oh why, can't the 360 degree camera also act as a dash cam? the technology is there it just needs to offer a rolling storage and retrieval option. I will try to get a decent aftermarket dash cam system installed but thought this would have done the job!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Somebody else wrote in the forum recently that the Activity Key cannot be retrofitted due to the complexity of the install, one of them is wrong. ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so today (12 May) I applied a little pressure to me dealer basically about lack of communication. Result:- phone call telling me build date (and follow up of order printout) and delivery to dealer of Early July ................. YES!!!!! So instead of 16 weeks, its down to 8 weeks (ish) bring it on!

Also they confirmed the activity can be dealer fitted! (3rd time of my asking!)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer expecting car in next 10 days...... its getting close!

Many sleepless nights expected now!

PS he also said Activity Key is £200 dealer fit but they can't order them yet...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Email says around £200 but I think scepticism is wise, Jaguar communications are not brilliant are they!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will chase up the activity key once I got the car... but its looking like possible weekend after next! YES YES YES.. cant' wait! :D

Just contacted insurance company for idea of cost.... after all the questions they want just £6.34 (seriously is it worth the effort to send them money!) to upgrade from my current Jaguar XF... even though they don't have a clue about the dynamics pack practicality pack, In Control Pro upgrade...

Finance in place, Insurance ready to go, I just need the damn car now!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Car is at dealers, getting it this Saturday (18th June) , the next three days are going slowly already!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Almost the same spec as mine which arrives at the dealers tomorrow!!!

Will keep you posted on any updates on the bugs, before you get yours.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went and paid for the car and saw it as delivered.... 21 miles on the clock! I have to say the latte interior is lighter than expected so have gone with dealer paint and leather protection and warranty. Didn't want denim blue seats in 6 months!

I just can't wait for Saturday.

F-Pace3092. Thanks re updates, likewise if I hear anything I will post here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats, thats an amazing turnaround from order to delivery (about 2 months), how did you manage that? One possibility I've heard is there is a shortage of black pack so perhaps that bumped yours further up the queue.

Hoping I get a call out of the blue that mine's arrived (3rd Aug is whats scheduled as handover on paperwork) but not holding my breath!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Less than 24hrs to go, new car checklist so far:-
Finance - done
Insurance (s)
Main - done
Gap - done
Paint protection - done
Leather protection - done
Parking permit - done
12 month 12GB SIM (from Three) ready

To do:
Empty XF (cabin and boot) how much clutter after 3.5 years?
Found V5 and spare key
Wipe stored CD's
Wipe Navigation history
Uncouple Bluetooth phones
Wipe address book
Reset to factory everywhere
Return standard Pump n Gunk to boot - give spare wheel to brother in law
Reclaim road tax

Have I missed anything? It never used to be this involved switching cars!

Bring on Saturday - yeee haaaa! :lol:

·
Registered
688 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Less than 24hrs to go, new car checklist so far:-
Finance - done
Insurance (s)
Main - done
Gap - done
Paint protection - done
Leather protection - done
Parking permit - done
12 month 12GB SIM (from Three) ready

To do:
Empty XF (cabin and boot) how much clutter after 3.5 years?
Found V5 and spare key
Wipe stored CD's
Wipe Navigation history
Uncouple Bluetooth phones
Wipe address book
Reset to factory everywhere
Return standard Pump n Gunk to boot - give spare wheel to brother in law
Reclaim road tax

Have I missed anything? It never used to be this involved switching cars!

Bring on Saturday - yeee haaaa! :lol:
now this post would be a good sticky..

add to the checklist your own PDI checklist.. tailgate alignment etc etc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.