Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the media tests a car on a road course, do they record lateral acceleration? A key factor in judging how well a car handles. Also, Jaguar.co.uk has not responded to my request for height of CG (center of gravity) above ground level for the FP. :eek:))

·
Registered
948 Posts
autoansguy said:
When the media tests a car on a road course, do they record lateral acceleration? A key factor in judging how well a car handles. Also, Jaguar.co.uk has not responded to my request for height of CG (center of gravity) above ground level for the FP. :eek:))
I think Sport-Auto and some of the US rags post such stuff when they do their reviews so I'm sure in due time this information will come but what really does it tell you about how a car behaves? ;)

Some of the sweetest handling cars on the planet can't produce huge lateral Gs but have incredible balance and instill the kind of confidence to pushed on that few can where as some cars which possess high lateral Gs can often let go in an instance can leave you fearful to push close to the limit.

Yeah it would be nice to know but in the long run it amounts to diddly squat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear luminated:

If you have to ask how lateral acceleration is an indicator how a car behaves, I could spend all day explaining it to you and you still would not understand it.

You seem to have gone to some length to show your ignorance of vehicle dynamics.

If I was you, I wouldn't make your last sentence public. Then the world would know how foolish you are.

God save Queen Liz on her 90th!

AutoAnsGuy

·
Registered
948 Posts
autoansguy said:
Dear luminated:

If you have to ask how lateral acceleration is an indicator how a car behaves, I could spend all day explaining it to you and you still would not understand it.

You seem to have gone to some length to show your ignorance of vehicle dynamics.

If I was you, I wouldn't make your last sentence public. Then the world would know how foolish you are.

AutoAnsGuy
No please do because I'd love to hear what you have to say, I'm sure foolish me would be able to muddle through.

·
Registered
55 Posts
autoansguy said:
Dear luminated:

AutoAnsGuy
This coming my from an American ?

If you wish to push a 50k suv to its limits then go for it . You'll have to find a bend first

·
Registered
948 Posts
Paoadoc said:

If you wish to push a 50k suv to its limits then go for it . You'll have to find a bend first
Don't know if it's an American but who ever it is they are really into their facts and figures. :D

I just don't agree with an opinion that Lateral G forces are the deciding factor of a great handling car, I recall driving a Mk1 MX5 which was an incredibly well balanced handler yet wasn't the quickest around a corner.

Basing you decision on this would mean dimissing the XE/XF and pick a 3/5 series but we all know the Jaguars are the sweeter drive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
luminated said:
Paoadoc said:

Don't know if it's an American but who ever it is they are really into their facts and figures. :D

I just don't agree with an opinion that Lateral G forces are the deciding factor of a great handling car, I recall driving a Mk1 MX5 which was an incredibly well balanced handler yet wasn't the quickest around a corner.

Basing you decision on this would mean dimissing the XE/XF and pick a 3/5 series but we all know the Jaguars are the sweeter drive.
For a good chunk of my life I raced karts and currently compete in a saloon car championship...I once bought a 'G' meter to help develop my set up...what a waste of time!....there are SO many variables that affect lateral grip..to set up some sort of control is almost impossible and without it it's pretty meaningless.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Paoadoc said:
autoansguy said:
Dear luminated:

AutoAnsGuy

Yes, American..........current car
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2 WD, 5.7L Hemi, K&N intake, Addco rear sway bar, 20 x 9.5 inch Chrome 5-spoke Ronals, Yokohama Advan ST P285/45/R20 Z-rated, Eibach suspension spring lowering kit, 5-speed factory M-B auto trans, Dana live axle rear, in-channel wind/rain deflectors over side do...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jacksoag said:
Paoadoc said:
autoansguy said:
Dear luminated:

AutoAnsGuy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2 WD, 5.7L Hemi, K&N intake, Addco rear sway bar, 20 x 9.5 inch Chrome 5-spoke Ronals, Yokohama Advan ST P285/45/R20 Z-rated, Eibach suspension spring lowering kit, 5-speed factory M-B auto trans, Dana live axle rear, in-channel wind/rain deflectors over side do...
And an 8 track? :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
I thought it was laughable to expect Jaguar to reply to his request.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Jacksoag said:
I wouldn't try and upset him too much or he might go all "deliverance" on you. :lol:

I swear I heard a banjo in the background, dead creepy. :shock:

·
Registered
948 Posts
autoansguy said:
Awwww gee whiz guys, I didn't know how much y'all really cared.
I bet none of you have driven a Comanche PA-24 250.
No and neither would I want to. Don't get the point you are trying to make, is this comment there to impress us and what relevance does it bring to this discussion?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.