Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know I'm accused of being a whinging, moaning shite, but my intentions are to protect you lemmings that can't be arsed to do your own research from blindlyjumping into the Jaguar promise of a perfect car. Well having ordered mine with known issues on the ICTP yep it bit me on the arse as I have suffered loads of issues and everyday one or more remind me of their existence. So after 6 weeks of ownership and no assistance or support from JLR I gave my dealer the email.......they have 6 weeks/ 3 calendar months from ownership to sort the ICTP, sort out the offset headlamps and front end, refit the door rubber they ripped, so 22nd October is R-Day....Reject day!! If the car is not fixed by then I reject the car and they are to supply a like 4 like replacement. Coincidentally Jaguar called within a few hours saying after studying my 12 videos and technical report I appear to have faulty unit!! Their words were "reviewing your videos, and trying to get to the bottom of these issues, there is an issue with the "Infotainment Master Controller",and will require replacing." NO SHIT SHERLOCK!! So my unit is on Backorder with oober urgency for replacement. :lol: :lol: I told them I don't care what is wrong or how long it takes come 22 Oct if I have ANY outstanding issues its bye bye baby!! So my advice is.....stick with this car it's awesome!!! Looks, handling, all aspects I adore and I don't want a frigging Porsche or a Merc and I could buy a Maserati Levante, but they are pig ugly!!! I want a Jag and I want it to deliver, so my whinging and moaning is yes for my benefit but also yours who won't bloody complain and also for JLR to get their f'ing act together to supply a great car!!!! So please stand firm with your dealers take no shite, reject them and HOPEFULLY we will be rewarded with the awesome car Ian Callum designed!!! I will keep you advised to progress if anybody is interested?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Keep on moaning, information is power and all for the good! Had I not found this forum I would have made a couple of wrong decisions on spec (caveat... each to their own) and not been looking out for any potential problems and if I had any, I would just be thinking (or fooled by JLR) that it was a one off.
Very little use of the car so far but for the first time I am reading the manual from start to finish (only on page 60 so far). A couple of weird things happened once with the ICTP but early days yet.

As you say, 'awesome car' and so far very pleased, apart from discovering that I need to run the thing in and no revs over 3.5k until 3000km covered, v.difficult in a petrol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Yes please do keep us informed Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me despite my moaning guys n girls I am trying to help all off us! I do take on board the hi-jacking of threads can be tiresome,but then when I see some dope bring up an issue which we have all moaned about I feel like screaming!!! So I will keep my whining to MY posts. I might steer people as delicately as I can but ultimately I'm battling for me and you guys too!!! I'll keep you advised. JLR-you have an f'ing awesome car adored by many!!! Respect our loyalty to you and fix the fuking thing!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Moan away and good on you on formally rejecting the car. As great as the car is, no one should be accepting anything substandard for the amount of money we're all spending.

I Do think there is value in getting a sticky thread for ICTP issues. Single source of information, updates, new bugs and resolutions! Would also give people something took fall back on with their issues when dealers say "we've had no problems with anyone else..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Can't think of many things where a purchaser would accept goods that are clearly faulty, especially when paying up to £68k. Carl I think you've been very patient with Jaguar, 3 months is long enough. I pray that mine doesn't have your issues, but they won't get 3 months to put it right. Having been in sales nearly 35 years I've had loads of new cars over they years and the only one that had major issues was a Morris Ital back in th 80's. Since then Fords, Vauxhalls, Hondas, Nissans, Infinity's and now an Audi have all been driven away never too be returned until first service.
It's out rages that JLR have presented such a great looking car with issues that they deny. I've asked my dealer if they have had any issues, as of today they have again failed to reply.
Keep going Carl you deserve a fault free car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
More support here Carl - keep going. Perhaps your passionate language might offend the more sensitive souls, but you certainly are not "whingeing"

I'm not seeing the litany of ICTP issues that you are. Nearly all of mine seem to be limited to the CD player / media centre. Since using a different cable to connect my iphone those connectivity issues seem to have gone away - so now I am left with the known issue on Topix, for which there is currently no fix.

What amazes/depresses me is when I spoke to after-sales at the dealer yesterday then claim to have no knowledge of the panel alignment issues, or the ICTP problems. When I pointed out I'd downloaded the reports from Topix it was met with stony silence. I then asked if they read any of the forums to which I received a "no". I suggested they might try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
With my XE and its 40+ faults I had I felt I was whinging on the XE Forum but then when we collectively worked out common issues and shared job numbers etc all of a sudden the JLR line of "well, we haven't seen that before" got blown out of the water. Obviously for me eventually I got JLR to buy the car back after 6 months for what I paid (less £400), got an XE fleet car from JLR HQ and have saved £3k + overall on my F-Pace (and have been driving around in JLR's car on their insurance free for 6 months in the process!).

I got to the stage of walking in the dealer and everyone knew me by first name and I had my own mechanic basically who would just ask which bit was broken again... saying that on the loan XE everything has been fine (same spec and virtually same build date) apart from two plastic trims falling off (boot and splash desflector NSR) so it seems a little pot luck....

There is nothing worse than getting NFF (no fault found) on a report when you really wouldn't waste your time going to the dealer just for shits and giggles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
This type of information is invaluable to us poor souls who arestill awaiting delivery.
I have ordered ICTP. I know its new technology and like everything else which breaks new ground I expect there will be teething problems.
The type of problems Carl has encountered are not teething problems they are a catastrophic failure.
However if I do get problems I can go to the dealer with them. They will probably say "You're the first person to complain about that" and I can bring evidence that they are in denial.

Keep logging the faults. Its good for us all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
ICTP has been in the XJ for some time so it's not that new..... just sayin' ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Timbo62 said:
This type of information is invaluable to us poor souls who arestill awaiting delivery.
I have ordered ICTP. I know its new technology and like everything else which breaks new ground I expect there will be teething problems.
The type of problems Carl has encountered are not teething problems they are a catastrophic failure.
However if I do get problems I can go to the dealer with them. They will probably say "You're the first person to complain about that" and I can bring evidence that they are in denial.

Keep logging the faults. Its good for us all.
Hi Timbo

Regards spec yours is identical to mine when it comes to ICTP and relevant tech. The only thing affecting me (now that I am using a decent USB cable) is the known CD/media player fault. So you should be OK, and hopefully even that will be fixed by the time you get yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Timbo62 said:
This type of information is invaluable to us poor souls who arestill awaiting delivery.
I have ordered ICTP. I know its new technology and like everything else which breaks new ground I expect there will be teething problems.
The type of problems Carl has encountered are not teething problems they are a catastrophic failure.
However if I do get problems I can go to the dealer with them. They will probably say "You're the first person to complain about that" and I can bring evidence that they are in denial.

Keep logging the faults. Its good for us all.
Hi Timbo

Regards spec yours is identical to mine when it comes to ICTP and relevant tech. The only thing affecting me (now that I am using a decent USB cable) is the known CD/media player fault. So you should be OK, and hopefully even that will be fixed by the time you get yours.
JLR, are you saying that the only issue you have now is CD messing about? Ie no randomly turning off or rebooting, Bluetooth separating etc?

So stick with a decent USB cable for music and Bluetooth for phone and all is good? Will not touch CDand internal media store if that is the case....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Well as some of you know I'm accused of being a whinging, moaning shite, but my intentions are to protect you lemmings that can't be arsed to do your own research from blindlyjumping into the Jaguar promise of a perfect car. Well having ordered mine with known issues on the ICTP yep it bit me on the arse as I have suffered loads of issues and everyday one or more remind me of their existence. So after 6 weeks of ownership and no assistance or support from JLR I gave my dealer the email.......they have 6 weeks/ 3 calendar months from ownership to sort the ICTP, sort out the offset headlamps and front end, refit the door rubber they ripped, so 22nd October is R-Day....Reject day!! If the car is not fixed by then I reject the car and they are to supply a like 4 like replacement. Coincidentally Jaguar called within a few hours saying after studying my 12 videos and technical report I appear to have faulty unit!! Their words were "reviewing your videos, and trying to get to the bottom of these issues, there is an issue with the "Infotainment Master Controller",and will require replacing." NO SHIT SHERLOCK!! So my unit is on Backorder with oober urgency for replacement. :lol: :lol: I told them I don't care what is wrong or how long it takes come 22 Oct if I have ANY outstanding issues its bye bye baby!! So my advice is.....stick with this car it's awesome!!! Looks, handling, all aspects I adore and I don't want a frigging Porsche or a Merc and I could buy a Maserati Levante, but they are pig ugly!!! I want a Jag and I want it to deliver, so my whinging and moaning is yes for my benefit but also yours who won't bloody complain and also for JLR to get their f'ing act together to supply a great car!!!! So please stand firm with your dealers take no shite, reject them and HOPEFULLY we will be rewarded with the awesome car Ian Callum designed!!! I will keep you advised to progress if anybody is interested?
Well done mate, when I told my dealer he had 14 days to resolve or I will reject I funny enough at this present moment have had all my issues resolved and everything sorted, touch wood, as you say I think you have to say your reject the car and get your money back to light a fire up the rear end of JLR which is a real shame as these expensive cars should be spot on from new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
I didn't have the bluetooth issue anyway (but then I've had the car 5 days and done 98 miles!) ... here's a list of what I was seeing:

CD player not recognising many CDs (remaining)
Can't rip CD's to media centre (remaining)
CD was playing OK. Press eject. Says disc not found/error and won't eject (remaining)
iPhone disappearing as a media source (seems to be fixed with new cable)
Some tracks on iPhone not playing (seems to be fixed with new cable)
Screen locking up on - turning off car and audio remains on for c.2 mins (remaining)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Timbo62 said:
This type of information is invaluable to us poor souls who arestill awaiting delivery.
I have ordered ICTP. I know its new technology and like everything else which breaks new ground I expect there will be teething problems.
The type of problems Carl has encountered are not teething problems they are a catastrophic failure.
However if I do get problems I can go to the dealer with them. They will probably say "You're the first person to complain about that" and I can bring evidence that they are in denial.

Keep logging the faults. Its good for us all.
Hi Timbo

Regards spec yours is identical to mine when it comes to ICTP and relevant tech. The only thing affecting me (now that I am using a decent USB cable) is the known CD/media player fault. So you should be OK, and hopefully even that will be fixed by the time you get yours.
That's comforting. Thanks. I never use CDs and have an iPod nano connected by USB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Of course you should complain.....or grow some balls and buy a different product that is delivered on time and with everything working! Which is exactly what I did. Things can and will only get better when customers walk the walk and do less talking. Just saying.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Daddy999 said:
Of course you should complain.....or grow some balls and buy a different product that is delivered on time and with everything working! Which is exactly what I did. Things can and will only get better when customers walk the walk and do less talking. Just saying.......
but I think Carl eloquently made the point he didn't want a different marque or model he wants a fully operational FP and I completely agree, if I had wanted a Macan or RRS I would have ordered one!

If I had to change it would be to something completely different so I just want the fancy IT stuff in mine to work consistently and match the excellent dynamics, engine, ride and handling so I am with Carl, if I may say (as you addressed this comment to him) its nothing to do with a lack of BALLS as you put it more a lack of an attractive alternative!

maybe to carry on the analogy it takes BIGGER BALLS to fight it out, to use the lovely yoof phrase which they think excuses having an opposing opinion JUST SAYING :D :D :shock:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top