Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for sale I have a set of 22" F PACE HELIX 22" ALLOY WHEELS IN SILVER/CONTRAST FINISH, fitted with 265/40/22 PIRELLI P-Zero Tyres,

The wheels have covered delivery miles and look absolutely fantastic,

All four wheels are immaculate and as new,

Supplied with the tyre pressure monitors,

For sale due to down sizing to 19" wheels for easier use on my farm,

Looking for offers around £2500

For any further information please call on 07415314286

Thanks

Steven

View attachment 87
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Your S looks really smart in Odyssey Red Steven. I love the look of the Helix wheels and would have liked to have had them, but like you seem to have discovered, they just would not be practical living along a fairly rough stoney track, out in the wilds, so I already spec'd 19s for mine.

(I hesitate to mention it, but your bonnet looks to be slightly misaligned in that pic, it's just noticeable above the headlight where the panels join.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Have you thought about seeing if anyone wants to swap them or have you already got new ones. Also I am a farmer aswell and was thinking of going for 20s, do you think I would be better of with the standard 19s
:)
 
G

·
sp01 said:
Hi, for sale I have a set of 22" F PACE HELIX 22" ALLOY WHEELS IN SILVER/CONTRAST FINISH, fitted with 265/40/22 PIRELLI P-Zero Tyres,

The wheels have covered delivery miles and look absolutely fantastic,

All four wheels are immaculate and as new,

Supplied with the tyre pressure monitors,

For sale due to down sizing to 19" wheels for easier use on my farm,

Looking for offers around £2500

For any further information please call on 07415314286

Thanks

Steven

View attachment 87
wow what an amazing looking F Pace ... :shock:

Looks fantastic .... keep the wheels and buy another tractor for your Farm :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
I remember when farmers drove around in LR Defenders. Now it's Jaguar F-Pace with 22" or 20" wheels. How times have changed! Still, I guess since the LR Defender has ceased production our farmer friends have been forced to choose a different utilitarian, indestructible go-anywhere AWD. Hilux, Subaru, Jimny or F-Pace? It's a close call :D

Just a sideways glance at life and tongue in cheek!

Fabulous car, I hope ours looks as good as the OPs.

Arianne
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Could easily be my mistake Dan, 'cos it's quite tricky to tell from the light that Steven's pic was taken in, but I do know this 3.0d S (below) was an IRR example, quite a bit brighter, tho' this picture was taken on a very warm sunny day when I had a test-drive, so the car looks a lot brighter red than Steven's . . . anyway, if he replies for us he can soon clear this one up - simples!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Is it me... (probably is) though wouldn't bigger wheels/tyres on a farm get more grip/traction. .. as smaller wheels/tyres would dig in, in the wet/mud etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
smash said:
Is it me... (probably is) though wouldn't bigger wheels/tyres on a farm get more grip/traction. .. as smaller wheels/tyres would dig in, in the wet/mud etc
Depends what tyres you mount. Tyres make a huge difference and choice is limited to Summers for the 22" wheels, no good in mud or snow.

The thing that worries me most with the big wheels is how close the rim sits to the ground, in this case the rocks on farm tracks. That's why I would avoid the 22" wheels if I needed to traverse farm tracks.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Arianne said:
smash said:
Is it me... (probably is) though wouldn't bigger wheels/tyres on a farm get more grip/traction. .. as smaller wheels/tyres would dig in, in the wet/mud etc
Depends what tyres you mount. Tyres make a huge difference and choice is limited to Summers for the 22" wheels, no good in mud or snow.

The thing that worries me most with the big wheels is how close the rim sits to the ground, in this case the rocks on farm tracks. That's why I would avoid the 22" wheels if I needed to traverse farm tracks.

Arianne
+1

Tyre types make a huge difference as an example my discovery with clever electrical traction systems stills struggles in a 1 in 3 field with standard tyres on damp grass, put on a set of AT's on and it romps up even towing a trailer, definitely echo the stones comment even on the disco have had to replace two alloys with 255/55 18's due to rock damage.

Although that is what we use the Disco for the SC won't be doing any of that work, but our single track lanes for the last 2 miles are so narrow that at this time of year with hedgerows in full bloom they nearly touch the car on each side so if there are pot holes ( and there are lots) you can only avoid them by putting the car into the hedge with all the likelihood of scratching the pot holes become the lesser of the two evils!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
The Gman said:
Although that is what we use the Disco for the SC won't be doing any of that work, but our single track lanes for the last 2 miles are so narrow that at this time of year with hedgerows in full bloom they nearly touch the car on each side so if there are pot holes ( and there are lots) you can only avoid them by putting the car into the hedge with all the likelihood of scratching the pot holes become the lesser of the two evils!
Wow your place sounds amazing.
I feel rather silly now buying a 4x4 to park outside my Victorian Semi in Wimbledon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
The view from the OS way point from about 1/3 mile from the our small holding, we are 800 ft above sea level so snow most winters no 4x4 you don't get home :? The OS trig point is about 1100 ft
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Stunning :eek:

I do at least live on a hill!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4338673,-0.2024639,3a,15y,42.18h,87.31t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1stGvi8ilM4cHaZXFbTCuyAA!2e0!5s20151001T000000!7i13312!8i6656

Very different view .. that's Shard and London City skyline you can see in the distance.

I think my 22s are safe (although Merton Council could do with spending a little more on filling these potholes :lol: )
Looks scary, the wheels are safe but it would be the thought of finding that the whole car has disappeared in the morning. Where we live, and I suspect the same is true for Gman, we don't bother locking the garage, have gone weeks without realising the conservatory doors were unlocked and, best of all, the car insurance on the F-Pace is really cheap.

Sadly, it rains a lot, gets dark earlier in the winter, is colder and we all earn less than if we worked in London!

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
Looks scary, the wheels are safe but it would be the thought of finding that the whole car has disappeared in the morning.
:lol: :lol:

That's funny. Us out here in leafy Wimbledon suburbia say the same about our neighbours in Brixton or Lewisham.

Getting the thread back on track ... Steven did you sell your wheels?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Gman, such a shame that's a rather blurry pic, unless my eyes are failing me! :shock: , but it's still a coldly beautiful view! Only place I can say I know around your part of the world is Long Mynd and Wenlock Edge . . anywhere near?

JLR#5, your view puts me in mind of times around Crystal Palace! (...not so far from Wimbledon!)

So, in the spirit of "you show me yours, I'll show you mine", here's a view from this morning's dog walk, about half a mile from the 'Cat Lair', also at about 800ft, but looking down onto a green and pleasant valley below (...it's quite a different story in wintertime tho'!)
Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion

(this thread has gone a long way off-topic now, I hope 'sp01' doesn't mind!)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
And us, here in the Scottish Borders....







Arianne
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top