Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I just like car parks .. but I tend to visit my local Waitrose daily. It's about 1/2 mile from home on my daily route.

Anyway this means I have a daily opportunity to use the gesture tailgate and reverse traffic approach .. both of which are absolutely brilliant. Love them. Very effective. I find the gesture tailgate easier than poking around for the tailgate button (always seem to find the camera first!) and the reverse traffic approach spots moving vehicles from a good distance away that are impossible to see otherwise.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've only tried it a few times with no great success.. fairly hit and miss.. I need to have a proper attempt to find its sweet spot.. Think the neighbours think I'm doing the hokey-kokey with the car.

·
Registered
688 Posts
maybe its the hairy legs.. :shock:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Are Jaguar liable injuries from the gesture tailgate if.... you are carrying a large load, stand on one foot, swing your unloaded leg merrily under the car, fall over and injure yourself? Seems to me the idea is sound but if the load is heavy you could do this, especially in winter on a slippery surface.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RaVolVoR said:
Are Jaguar liable injuries from the gesture tailgate if.... you are carrying a large load, stand on one foot, swing your unloaded leg merrily under the car, fall over and injure yourself? Seems to me the idea is sound but if the load is heavy you could do this, especially in winter on a slippery surface.
How on earth would Jaguar be liable????

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'm pretty sure the manual is littered with disclaimers!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
About as much as they are liable for you having a crash as they created a car to drive :)

Also how about the little hooks on the sides ? Great useful little thing.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mbadger77 said:
About as much as they are liable for you having a crash as they created a car to drive :)

Also how about the little hooks on the sides ? Great useful little thing.
Yup much better than the ones in the Evoque for holding on to shopping bags.

·
Registered
473 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
I am presuming this was a humours attempt to go fishing for the responses you have duly received :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
RaVolVoR said:
How on earth would Jaguar be liable????
Selling something that's potentially dangerous..... A decent lawyer could get Jaguar for this, maybe in USA where they fight for their rights a bit more than here? I'm not saying its right/wrong but really, telling someone to stand on one leg and wave your other leg around while carrying a load is a bit silly isn't it?

I'm not really saying this will happen but could it? There's always some idiot that is too literal with instructions and then guts hurt and sues! If I'm carrying a heavy load to put in the car, I'd probably have opened the tailgate before I lift the damn thing so I carry it for a shorter time, called thinking ahead!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
I am sure this is on Youtube, was it you lol

Thought it was a new dance craze.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts