Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it may seem rather trivial, but the floor mat quality, absolutely abysmal. I've got the Portfolio model which comes with Premium mats. 2 weeks of use there is a heel wear mark, I'm pretty sure the drivers mat will not last 6 months before a hole appears, I'd class them as not fit for purpose. These mats which are standard on the Portfolio cost an additional £102 to upgrade from standard to Premium for other models. If I'd bought them on eBay for more than £25 they would go back.

I know it's a bit petty complaining about mats, but for a luxury car they are not nearly good enough. On the positive side it's the only problem I have with the car, everything else is fantastic, so I'll call in at the dealer next week and plonk the drivers mat on the desk and see what they say.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I quite agree as I have noticed exactly the same problem.This is one of the many cut backs on quality from Jaguar which has been a downward progression on the last 4 XFs I have purchased since 2008. The mats are rubbish, the leather if you can call it that has no depth,no smell and my drivers seat has already shown signs of creasing on the bolster after 2 months and just 2000 miles.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It's not petty at all! If they are shite complain! I kept the standard ones for summer/autumn
but as the weather deteriorates and becomes wetter I shall switch to the rubber mats I'd bought.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have saved these guys to my favourites and will take a closer look at them when I get nearer to delivery time for my Jaguar F-Pace.

They purport to manufacture themselves mats which are cut exactly to your car using the original fixing points. There is a choice of rubber or carpet. And then there are about five quality choices within each category. The close up image seems to indicate some of the deepest, close pile carpet I have ever seen...... at a cost below Jaguar OEM.

Take a look. I can't vouch for them. But if anyone chooses to take the plunge before me perhaps they would be kind enough to post their feedback on this thread? Then the rest of us will benefit.

Best wishes.

Arianne

http://www.carmats-uk.com/content/1/about-us

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
........they seem pretty good! You can also select a trim colour, PVC heel protector and have "F-Pace" embroidered into the facing door edge.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
I have saved these guys to my favourites and will take a closer look at them when I get nearer to delivery time for my Jaguar F-Pace.

They purport to manufacture themselves mats which are cut exactly to your car using the original fixing points. There is a choice of rubber or carpet. And then there are about five quality choices within each category. The close up image seems to indicate some of the deepest, close pile carpet I have ever seen...... at a cost below Jaguar OEM.

Take a look. I can't vouch for them. But if anyone chooses to take the plunge before me perhaps they would be kind enough to post their feedback on this thread? Then the rest of us will benefit.

Best wishes.

Arianne

Well done sir. Ordered myself a rubber set for winter.

The mats in the Evoque were the same. Wore through them in a year.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Looks like they do a range a quality and colours on the link for not only floor mats but also car seat covers, if anyone buys the car seat covers please drop us a message on here as I am looking at those at present.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Arianne said:

Best wishes.

Arianne

Well done sir. Ordered myself a rubber set for winter.

The mats in the Evoque were the same. Wore through them in a year.
So I will do the same. The top category of deep pile carpet for summer and the rubber ones for winter. Have told my son that this is one of the things he can buy me for my wedding anniversary prezzi day - it's a unique aspect of our family's world that the wedding anniversary is marked, amongst other things, by gifts for everyone. After 31 years I can confirm that it works!

Let us know what they're like folks. It seems good from the web site. And at that price you can't really go wrong?

Arianne

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had mats from these guys for my XE and my wife's Insignia and both decent quality, the premium one isn't quite a fluffy as the pic after a while... would like to find someone that does a deep pile but with a rubber backing to give it some weight and also to trap any super wet feet that could soak through.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Only done 1200 miles so mine are still like new.

Nice link Arianne - good value for a whole set might be ideal for winter and I'd even be happy throwing them away next year at that price if I had to.

Cheers

Edit - just seen several more options that can triple the price so wouldn't be throwing away so easy :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts