Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks new to the forum and I’m looking for some guidance , I have a 21my R design S with standard 19” alloys . I picked up a set of genuine SVR 21” alloys but they are all 295 wide tyres , I know they will fit the rear but I sure that they will fit the front . Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
What are the exact sizes of the old and new tyres - width & profile depth?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Will all depend on the offset of the wheel. If they are genuine standard, then should fit the front if it fits the rear, however you may need to check the circumference difference as that will affect your speedo

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is a 8.6% difference in circumference

·
Registered
91 Posts
295/35/21 will give you almost a perfect match, only 0.3% different. So if it’s the width you want, and the wheels fit ok, then when you swap tyres, you can fit the 35 profiles and your speedo will be back to being correct. Otherwise you will have to compensate for the speedo being wrong and it also affects the gearing, so may make your car accelerate slower.

·
Registered
564 Posts
As BigT says the new tyres are over 8% bigger, so when you were doing 70 mph previously, you will now be doing nearly 76 mph.

Also, don't forget you will need to tell your insurance company that you have changed the wheels and tyres.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great thanks guys , yes insurance know imas I always run with winter and summers sets so best keep them informed lol . Will test for this week and see how it goes

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great thanks guys , yes insurance know imas I always run with winter and summers sets so best keep them informed lol . Will test for this week and see how it goes
Please post some before and after pics. Interested to see how they fit in the arches

·
Registered
22 Posts
For info the SVR comes with a staggered alloys and tyres. I have the 22” with 265/40/R22 front and 295/35/R22 rear. I did try one of the rear tyres on the front and didn’t have any rubbing issues. But didn’t really drive it so not sure if it would rub on full lock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So little update , test fitted today , 295 alloys fitted on the front but very tight. Definitely Didn’t want to risk running them so have contacted lister as they sold me the wheels, think they have given me a full set of rear alloys looking at what other people are running.
will update as soon as I hear back

·
Registered
91 Posts
So little update , test fitted today , 295 alloys fitted on the front but very tight. Definitely Didn’t want to risk running them so have contacted lister as they sold me the wheels, think they have given me a full set of rear alloys looking at what other people are running.
It does look like the 295s are for the rears and a 265 for the fronts, so if you have a full set of 295s, then, as you suspect, you may have been provided with 2 sets of rears. How did they look in the arches?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does look like the 295s are for the rears and a 265 for the fronts, so if you have a full set of 295s, then, as you suspect, you may have been provided with 2 sets of rears. How did they look in the arches?
They looked actually quite good! Never got a chance to take a pic but once I get it sorted I’ll put before and after. Just annoyed it’s taken so long to get them sorted but should be on by next weekend.

·
Registered
369 Posts
my old wheels are there with them I do hope they not given you mine by mistake

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my old wheels are there with them I do hope they not given you mine by mistake
Oh really ? Yeah picked them up a couple of weeks ago, I didn't realise till I got home that all 4 wheels were 295 but did notice that 2 wheels were from 2018 amd 2 from 2017. I realised that it should be 265 & 295. Have messaged them and hopefully get it sorted next week,

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh really ? Yeah picked them up a couple of weeks ago, I didn't realise till I got home that all 4 wheels were 295 but did notice that 2 wheels were from 2018 amd 2 from 2017. I realised that it should be 265 & 295. Have messaged them and hopefully get it sorted next week,
pweew mine are 2021 so they won’t be mine , they take the old wheels off and replace them with there vossen wheels
I bet someone’s got all 265’s all round what a nightmare I’m sure they sort it they a good bunch

Reactions: stewartmak7
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.