Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share my first week and 500 miles with the car, having spent the week up and down the motorway, across country roads and down small lanes, I have noted a few points -

- that it is even wider than my 5 series
- it has a wonderful Pro sat nav with route options, great views, instructions, speed limits and cameras all accurate
- The looks turn heads wherever I go
- the ride is firm( in my car on 22"s), similar to the MSport suspension
- the 3l engine is the one to have for pure overtaking thump
- ITCP is worth any small glitches it may have in the short term
- the opening pano, I know I was recommended against it, but so far it has been fantastic, open all week
- buying red, a risk, but so far worth it.
- MPG to be confirmed, somewhere between 30-38mpg

I am going nowhere near the red line at the moment, for me it is the torque I love. I had the opportunity for a late night run back home last night, a rather fast, open, flowing corner route I use a lot for fun, found myself with no traffic, an open road and a 3litre paddle shifting FP...So, dropped a couple of cogs as we exit the 30mph zone, start to collect speed, held the gear for the first bend, balancing it on the throttle, testing the car, seeing what it will do. It held it's line perfectly, pushed on through a long open section, the paddles immediately responding to my touch, down a couple of cogs on the brakes for the next section, through and out the other side. It was only 3 miles, but as I got to the roundabout and there was noone there, I headed back to do it in reverse...not literally obviously...just wow.

Having driven many 4x4's SUV's etc, none of them I have encountered drives like this, and I did laugh to myself thinking I would not want to have someone in an FP chasing me in the Lotus, it may be a little harder to shift than the average person that wants a quick run!!! Whatever Jag have done with the handling, they are to be commended, not even got to dynamic mode, I am talking about straight out of the box as is, get in, select drive, use paddles.

Have a good day folks
Piers

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Glad you love the car, having got the same 3 litre diesel engine the grunt mid range is great, its a great car to drive.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes it's got many great qualities and the handling is very good.
The turning heads things I've never quite seen - yes some people look - mainly for the sound of the petrol I thought. I live in London nice and much nicer cars are ten a penny.

Now today the NFL is is London and I live near by and perhaps thousands of people have walked past and I swear at least 30% plus are having a good look.
I've just had people posing for a photo in front of it FFS !!
It obviously has a draw - the big black 22s and red callipers and mean black look may help draw a few eyes.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turning heads is all relative, is mainly when you at the traffic lights or stop at supermarkets.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also find it is quite cumbersome off the line, but once at 20mph or so, it is a lovely place to be. Have a couple of issues to raise with the dealer too, build quality is not fantastic in comparison to Germanic brands, however this is forgotten when the late night drive came along ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
F-Pace S said:
I also find it is quite cumbersome off the line, but once at 20mph or so, it is a lovely place to be. Have a couple of issues to raise with the dealer too, build quality is not fantastic in comparison to Germanic brands, however this is forgotten when the late night drive came along ;)
Drop it into first gear from,standstill and you'll pickup better if you need to. I've found the petrol amazing and not had to drop into first yet.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So pleased you love it!! I was grinning reading your posts!! Despite the ICTP which once sorted will be fabulous the handling is incredible and still takes my breath away in the 2.0l.. they take bends in a manner I could only have wished for!!! The head turning is the glory though, you catch someone looking and you pretend not to have noticed them.....you check your mirror and they have stopped and are pointing as you see them diminish in your mirror :lol: :lol: you can see why it got car of the year!

·
Registered
419 Posts
"thrilling stuff" I don't believe it. Well, keep practising to see how little space you need before you plough in to some poor sod coming in the opposite direction...................... RECKLESS. :evil:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YORKIE said:
"thrilling stuff" I don't believe it. Well, keep practising to see how little space you need before you plough in to some poor sod coming in the opposite direction...................... RECKLESS. :evil:
ohh the oncoming light flasher from half a mile away has arrived :roll:

·
Registered
948 Posts
F-Pace S said:
YORKIE said:
PRICELESS :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
YORKIE said:
So, my comment was about when you are on a winding road, stuck behind a van doing 40, when a clear straight road opens up and how, when you hit the gas, the car surges away and you are past the car in front in a flash. For me that is exciting.
However, this being the internet, someone decides to interpret that as me thrill seeking by driving around the country looking for impossibly small overtaking gaps to frighten other road users with. Some people are always waiting to be offended by something.

·
Registered
419 Posts
There's a difference between " how small a space you need" and " a clear straight road". Had you said that in the first place I would not have made my comment.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes - I am coming to realise that when posting a comment, you need to be 100% unambiguous - otherwise some fool is going to wilfully interpret it in a way that enables them to release just a little more bile.

Never mind. Whatever helps you through the day....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bonkers, given the quite obvious annoyance my 2 reponses regarding your overtaking post have caused I would if I could retract them in a heartbeat. Regretably I can't, I don't think, so the best I can do is apologise wholeheartedly to you for responding in such a manner that it would be perceived as intentional bile. Bile is not my style but the lure of responding to a post on a blog such as this can often touch a nerve of the originator when someone, me in this case, tried on both occasions to introduce a fancy, blog boggling, reply to your comments. I'm sorry, please forgive my stupidity. :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
85 Posts
F-Pace S said:
YORKIE said:
This should be interesting....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts