Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I missed this thread as just inadvertently bumped another with the same issue. Add me to this not so exclusive club - 21 plate D200, 6k miles, dumped us on the hard shoulder of the A1M with a snapped alternator belt...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all coming back from London today my car dash lit up with the message in red " Stop safely, electrical fault detected. I pulled over and went through the "normal" switch off, lock and then get back in again. When I got back in the car displayed battery low, restart engine. ( I had done about 200 miles before I stopped). I started the engine which was very sluggish to turn over and started driving again. I got the car home but noticed that the battery was illuminated in the dash ( no charge I guess).
Has anyone else had this fault ? and if so do you know what the problem was ? Jag assist called out - they will be with me tomorrow morning as I am at home ( and the patrols are short on fuel), no problem with that as I'm home.
Having finally got our F-Pace back after the saga of the whirring noise which the dealers still claim was caused by the rear differential (and thus fixed by replacing it even though they’ve told JLR they also changed the driveshafts as I originally suggested), we’ve had a month or so trouble free motoring. Until today.

“Bing!!” “Stop safely electrical fault detected” and on stopping “battery low restart engine” etc etc. Restarted, drove a few more miles before the car died completely. JLR assistance sent an AA van who helped us get home via a new battery. “Common problem with these new ones” said the chap. Apparently JLR Assistance will be visiting tomorrow to fix the problem.

Sigh! Just want to enjoy this car but it seems determined to undermine our faith in it at every turn. Fortunately the water pump belt was intact, but you can see the other belt is completely missing.
I managed 8k then same as yourself. Car failed Saturday just gone one of the worst storms we have seen in the UK.
Sat on the A69 waiting for 9hrs for pick up. After 9 hrs AA / jaguar assist arranged Police to pick up as dangerous to life. Jaguar assist said to leave everything to them. Called today 29th to see what is happening. Jaguar assist no Idea where the car is. I rang the Police who were very helpful traced car in minutes. Very worried that if I had not called what would have happened.
The only Plus’s was the AA man called Carl who stayed and eventually sorted everything. Can only hope that Jaguar get there act together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well ours is due back from Jaguar tomorrow, 10 days after breakdown. Can't really complain about the customer service, they have been great and put us in a disco sport for the duration (seems pretty naff in comparison to the f pace but it's transport!) - if it happens again however...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I contacted Jaguar dealer where car supposed to be on the way to today. Extremely helpful and tried to trace the car contacting other dealers in area and Jaguar assist with no luck. After being told this morning car on the way to dealership have since discovered still in Police compound. Contact at the dealership so helpful and will assist me all he can and call as soon as car arrives for repair tomorrow morning. Curtesy car arrived today Range Rover Velor. Nice car but not as comfortable to drive as f pace but cannot complain.
Funguses and toes crossed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have to say I too am a victim of the 2021 gremlins. picked my 21 plate D200 HSE up less than 10 days ago as an ex demonstrator and sure enough last night 5.5k miles and same thing. Belt snapped and total loss of power and electricity. Being recovered this morning to local Jag showroom. I suspected an issue last week when there was a knocking noise from the tensioner area on cold startup (might be something for people to listen out for as an early warning - only about 10 seconds) and called Jag Assist out to it but they said I had a new belt that was wearing in so keep an eye on it which sounded farcicle but I went with it. 1 week later and here I am without a vehicle and cancelling meetings and rearranging diaries as no transport. Vehicle in general is superb and I too hope this is a new model gremlin that gets resolved quickly and efficiently as I have to say to date Jag customer service has been above and beyond.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have to say I too am a victim of the 2021 gremlins. picked my 21 plate D200 HSE up less than 10 days ago as an ex demonstrator and sure enough last night 5.5k miles and same thing. Belt snapped and total loss of power and electricity. Being recovered this morning to local Jag showroom. I suspected an issue last week when there was a knocking noise from the tensioner area on cold startup (might be something for people to listen out for as an early warning - only about 10 seconds) and called Jag Assist out to it but they said I had a new belt that was wearing in so keep an eye on it which sounded farcicle but I went with it. 1 week later and here I am without a vehicle and cancelling meetings and rearranging diaries as no transport. Vehicle in general is superb and I too hope this is a new model gremlin that gets resolved quickly and efficiently as I have to say to date Jag customer service has been above and beyond.
I must admit within two days courtesy car provided. Range Rover velar only 6k on the clock. Nice vehicle but not would not swap it for my jag. Main dealer car sent to for repair told me yesterday it would not even be looked at unti January 2022. Called Jaguar head office in Coventry who very helpful and will deal with issue. Within 20min email with case number and 30min later copy of email to Strathborns main Jaguar dealer Newcastle requesting full details. They also said a resolution officer will be in touch within 48hrs. Also curtesy car of equivalent spec should be provided if requested. Hope your problems resolved quickly. Would agree other than this problem brilliant car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts