Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a weekend break in Barmouth. We drove from the Midlands to Barmouth and what a drive it was! Stunning handling (grip was stupendous for such a big car), plenty of grunt from the 2.0 (especially pleased at motorway speeds). Boot it whilst doing 80mph in sixth and it pulls like a train all the way over 100mph!! Returned 52.3mpg overall. Mine is a manual so I think I'm returning far better economy than the autos from what I'm hearing. Anyway all told a fantastic drive and the best car I've owned to date.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
typolee said:
Just got back from a weekend break in Barmouth. We drove from the Midlands to Barmouth and what a drive it was! Stunning handling (grip was stupendous for such a big car), plenty of grunt from the 2.0 (especially pleased at motorway speeds). Boot it whilst doing 80mph in sixth and it pulls like a train all the way over 100mph!! Returned 52.3mpg overall. Mine is a manual so I think I'm returning far better economy than the autos from what I'm hearing. Anyway all told a fantastic drive and the best car I've owned to date.
That's great typo... it's really encouraging to hear good reports of the manual's performance!
52.3mpg average is impressive for a big vehicle like this.

So, how many miles round-trip was it and do you think you could get 762 miles from a single tank of diesel? . . 'cos that's what Jaguar UK reckon it should be possible to do! ;) :? :|

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know how 52.3mpg would calculate out as range on a full tank?? Not really fussed but really impressed I'm returning that already on a new engine in such a big car. Plus it doesn't hang about either ;)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
typolee said:
Don't know how 52.3mpg would calculate out as range on a full tank?? Not really fussed but really impressed I'm returning that already on a new engine in such a big car. Plus it doesn't hang about either ;)
Not the hardest mathematical equation ;)

60 litres = 13.2 gallons x 52.3mpg = 690 miles

(PS ... that's UK litres and gallons for our American chums!)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm so sorry to crash this thread, but I just can't find anywhere how to post a new thread - sometimes I can and often, like now, I can't.

Picked up my car today, but bitter disappointment. I originally ordered adaptive dynamics which was my main and most important option. Prior to lockdown I went back into my dealer and asked if I needed configurable dynamics so that I could change the damper settings. His reply was "well it's only £150 so it would be fun to have, so I agreed to this option as well.

I was presented with a new order form to sign but you know what its like, I just saw the configurable dynamics had been added and signed it.
Un-beknown to me, the Adaptive Dynamics pack had been deleted!

I have thus taken delivery of a car without adaptive dynamics and paid for a configurable dynamics pack which I, personally, have absolutely no use for now.

I've driven the car home, dumped it on the drive and drowned my sorrows in a bottle of wine.

I said all along to my rep that I wanted to maximise comfort and now I just have the basic car.

So upset. But am I being a drama queen? - your thoughts would be appreciated as well as how to post a new thread !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to hear, that must be frustrating.

But on the bright side, and on the theme in this thread, at least you might get some better MPG without the adaptive dynamics?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I remember when I went on configurator if I put in configurable dynamics £200 it deleted adaptive dynamics pack £960. I had to contact dealer to sort it for me. And both are on my order form.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think it's fair to say the confuserator is more style than substance.
I think it was very poor of jaguar to send me home to configure my car and send them an emailed spec to confirm the order.
When I ordered a Mercedes they sat with me and explained blow by blow each option - and if any doubt we would find a car in the dealership that had it to have a look at and decide for sure if I wanted it. A bit too self service for me - a bit like those [email protected] checkouts at the supermarket!

·
Registered
208 Posts
The configurator is HORRIBLE. Adaptive Dynamics automatically comes with configurable dynamics, so you can't order both... By picking just Configurable Dynamics, you are saying you want that but not Adaptive Dynamics, but no where on the configurator does it say that so it doesn't look like an either/or decision. Honestly? She messed up when she handed you the form to sign and didn't explain that it would REMOVE Adaptive Dynamics. Their fault. I would demand they order you a car with it, and that you drive this one until the new one is available. This is not an inexpensive vehicle. For this price you should be getting exactly what you wanted, especially given it is their mistake (not informing you they removed AD). I'd raise hell (politely).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation. That's what they asked me to do time and time again. Salesman....configure your car online and just email the spec to us. I know I can do this but this is your job not mine so get configuring yourself! I love technology but also hate it for some things as it's the easy way out in some situations.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Me dealer said the same but to his credit did offer to sit with me and go through it in the dealership

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It was a mine field I agree. I would pick options then they deleted as part of a pack or worse case I picked a pack then an option not realising it was in a pack then it deleted the pack. I studied cross studied and studied again the brochure to understand what was what as I too was confused by the configurable dynamics to start with. In the end I highlighted in red each option in the brochure then replicated that into the configurator. The dealer raised the order I went into the dealer with my brochure and ticked off each option until all cross referenced 100%. I'm afraid it's a case of Caveat emptor (buyer beware) as its your responsibility. However if I was in your shoes I would argue the toss that dealers are supposed to help and guide you and the AD pack and configurable D is not completely clear as you do think they are separate things totally. Good luck with your battle as I do feel for you! :(

·
Registered
948 Posts
catalyst said:
I'm so sorry to crash this thread, but I just can't find anywhere how to post a new thread - sometimes I can and often, like now, I can't.

Picked up my car today, but bitter disappointment. I originally ordered adaptive dynamics which was my main and most important option. Prior to lockdown I went back into my dealer and asked if I needed configurable dynamics so that I could change the damper settings. His reply was "well it's only £200 so it would be fun to have, so I agreed to this option as well.

I was presented with a new order form to sign but you know what its like, I just saw the configurable dynamics had been added and signed it. Un- beknowst to me, he had deleted the adaptive dynamics pack!

I have thus taken delivery of a car without adaptive dynamics and paid for a configurable dynamics pack which I, personally, have absolutely no use for.

I've driven the car home, dumped it on the drive and drowned my sorrows in a bottle of wine.

I said all along that I wanted to maximise comfort and now I just have the basic car.

So upset. But am I being a drama queen? - your thoughts would be appreciated as well as how to post a new thread !
Are the dealers in England so bad?

Even thought my dealer know exactly the options I wanted come the time I couldn't change it he got me to sit down and go through it option by option.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
In early Feb when I booked my car build slot (OK, paid small deposit to make me think I was) - I had both the configurable and dynamic pack selected. I gave my dealer a printout and he entered it but whenever he tried to store the config at Jaguar it failed. It turns out the configurator shouldn't have allowed that combination and indeed about a week later it was fixed o their web site, selecting one deselected the other!

I can't wait for opportunity to have a long drive in mine and find out what its up to, trouble is first longish drive will be M25 - I may as well poor diesel away as it will be a rotten journey! :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
catalyst said:

Picked up my car today, but bitter disappointment. I originally ordered adaptive dynamics which was my main and most important option. Prior to lockdown I went back into my dealer and asked if I needed configurable dynamics so that I could change the damper settings. His reply was "well it's only £200 so it would be fun to have, so I agreed to this option as well.

I was presented with a new order form to sign but you know what its like, I just saw the configurable dynamics had been added and signed it. Un- beknowst to me, he had deleted the adaptive dynamics pack!

I have thus taken delivery of a car without adaptive dynamics and paid for a configurable dynamics pack which I, personally, have absolutely no use for.

I said all along that I wanted to maximise comfort and now I just have the basic car.

Really sorry to hear this. I don't think you are being a drama queen, if you pay £50k for a car you want it to be perfect! Will the dealer not let you trade it in and order the car you want. The depreciation should not be too much just now.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catalyst said:

Personally I would reject the car.

Without the AD it's a completely different car. Fine if that's what you wanted, but you didn't.

I assume you've paid for it (and did you not notice at that point it was cheaper than expected?)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts