Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come from a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid to a 3L Supercharge. So first thoughts after 5 days of driving:
On leaving the showroom having picked up my new FPace I set up the remote app, £1500 worth of goodies await.... Oh no they don't JLR cant get the app to work on latest Android!
The Drive, well Ok its no Porsche and the Cayenne was around £15k more, well at this stage that £15k seems a bargain in comparison, build quality and drive are not even close to the Cayenne.
Oh and the high end PRO Connect, well it doesn't really work: Sim seldom recognises, Phone seldom connects, Radio has locked out (nothing) once already (vehicle restart fixed it) Map is not even close to my free Waze app on the Android, Waze avoids the traffic, JLR version drives you into it, and its ETA... Well take any notice of that and you'll be very late for appointments.
My one also has the incredible gesture boot open. Well that makes me look like a dick and seldom works.
I've done 100 miles and my tank is now half empty and getting 20ish mpg, wow!
I could continue but you probably get the idea.
On a positive the car looks great, but new purchaser don't be fooled, beauty is definitely skin deep on the FPace.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, your issues are the same as others and we have been informed on another thread that the ITCP will be updated at the end of the month, like you others are hoping it will resolve there issues so keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
catwoman said:
Welcome to the forum davidj.

Don't worry, the gesture boot option doesn't make you look like a dick . . :roll:
:shock: claws away!! Play nice :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Interested to hear more on the comparison. 100 miles not much and a couple of tank full might give a better compete review. So 400 miles :)
I'm getting around 20 ish. (Town about 17-18) and am 1200 miles in.
Build quality I'd imagine isn't as good as they do throw a few cheap bits in or plastics. ICTP will be fixed very soon I understand but let's see. Gesture tailgate you just have to learn the knack and you can hit it nearly 100% - at first I found it very frustrating

What about ride - I don't mean cornering but high speed motorway and low speed town driving (I'm finding it pretty bad in this regard)

I've never driven a cayenne though don't mind the looks etc.
Any other comments between the two ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.