Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I placed an order for the First Edition back in September and was lucky enough to view a LHD First Edition at the Solihull plant in November.

I was very impressed loved the size of the car, colour (Caesium Blue) and the new infotainment system looks very nice with the upgraded TFT instrument cluster. 22" wheels looked great and still had plenty of rubber on the tyre walls so hopefully it will ride well on 22" wheels.

Some of the plastics on the switchgear could do with a quality upgrade but I have thought this for a while on JLR products (Had XK, XF x2 and a RR Sport) over the last 6 years.

Recently I discovered a couple of the options I would like are not included in the First Edition that being the heated steering and 14 way seats. This is a bit of a blow for me and I have recently been thinking of changing my order to an S model so I can option the car as I would want and also save a little money, many of the options of the FE I will never use like park assist, 360 camera etc...

The downside to this would be the loss of Caesium Blue, the light interior colour/quality of leather and maybe (might be a big maybe) the higher residual value at trade in due to no additional options/linited number available.

If I change my order to an S this would mean me adding just over 7k of options which I assume will have very little value at trade in and will ultimately increase the cost of ownership.

Jaguar have missed a trick with the first edition firstly they should allow options to be added, also they should be numbered as per limited editions from Aston, Volvo XC90 etc... this adds value when it comes to resale and makes ownership more exclusive. The XC90 First Edition sold out in 48hrs (2000 worldwide I believe) and they appear to command a very high price on the second hand market.

If I change to an S I would be looking at either the Rhodium Silver or IRR with the black/red interior and this would also open up the option of the petrol 3.0 V6 engine.

I just looked at the GMFV on the S model (via Jaguar website) and was very surprised to see the petrol version to have a higher GFV. I assume they believe it's going to have lower depreciation which is a big surprise to me.

Diesel/Petrol S version are priced at the same level OTR which actually makes the Petrol S slightly cheaper at list but after 37 months / 10 pa miles it's GFV is £618 higher.

Diesel 37 months, 10k pa miles GFV £25,228
Petrol 37 months, 10k pa miles GFV £25,846

I owned a Porsche Macan (Petrol S) for a while and was one of the first cars in the UK (April 2014), I had loads of issues with it and after it being stuck in the paint shop (very long story but basically the drivers door managed to hit the front wing/bonnet) waiting on a part from Germany for 3 months the dealership offered a full refund so I took it.

I said then I would never buy a new model again until they had sorted all the issues out and here I am again hoping for early delivery of a new model.

your thoughts would be appreciated.

Paul.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Hi
As I have said in earlier posts , the U.K. First edition is being launched minus a lot of the features like the 360 camera system ,minus the sliding panoramic roof ( fixed only ) etc
If you download the brochure and read the small print there are a lot of features not included on the British version of the first edition...although I too have a first edition on order ,I am a little disappointed it is not being launched fully loaded, a lot of the headline grabbing safety features have been left off..
When I get to see the car at the VIP F-pace preview event in February, I will ask why this is the case and post their response

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told at the event in November in Solihull that UK cars would have a fixed panoramic roof, The LHD F-Pace FE on display which we were told had been at the Frankfurt motor show had the sliding roof but did not have the HUD which the UK version appears to have.

On the subject of the HUD is it integrated into the dashboard or will it have a horrible looking box sitting on the dash?

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
410 Posts
Pacemeoff,

Where did you get these figures please:

On the Jag finance calculator the for the base S model (petrol and diesel same RRP) the monthly payment is lower for the petrol but the final payment is lower on the diesel which basically nets out as more or less the same future value?

I need to decide between petrol and diesel, MPG is not a problem due to low mileage (9k per annum), if the 3 year residual is fairly similar I'll go for the petrol for the extra BHP and performance :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DAL said:
Pacemeoff,

Where did you get these figures please:

On the Jag finance calculator the for the base S model (petrol and diesel same RRP) the monthly payment is lower for the petrol but the final payment is lower on the diesel which basically nets out as more or less the same future value?

I need to decide between petrol and diesel, MPG is not a problem due to low mileage (9k per annum), if the 3 year residual is fairly similar I'll go for the petrol for the extra BHP and performance :)
Here http://financecalculator.jaguar.co.uk/jag/en/gb/f-pace_k17/quote

The Petrol does seem to have a higher GFV but that doesn't mean it will actually have a higher value when you come to trade/sell as I'm sure you are aware. I would consider the petrol also if I was having a S but if the XF reviews are anything to go by I suspect the diesel will appear to have greater power for every day use compared to the petrol due to the huge amount of torque from the tweaked 3.0d.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did anyone that ordered the 1st Edition get any spec options, and is so what options?

Dealer took my order for the 1st Ed (delivery end of month) no options available.

I recently had the privelage to speak to a PM on the 1st Ed build and apparently there are options, but it wasn't clear if dealers knew about it.

I'd also be interested to understand how the UK model differs from the EU model, given that in a previous post here, members stated that it's more loaded in Holland etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts