Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got offered one today. I'm torn whether to take it while mine is being built (currently being told October. How much do you think it will have lost by then with 5000 on the clock?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I could have it on Friday !

·
Registered
948 Posts
You have already ordered cream leather with your original choice so if you can afford it I don't you'll regret the decision.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Its the lack of features like adaptive cruise, memory seats, surround camera etc that I am disappointed about. I am still mulling it over.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Aldo said:
Its the lack of features like adaptive cruise, memory seats, surround camera etc that I am disappointed about. I am still mulling it over.
Adaptive cruise and surround camera might be nice to have but are two items that you will be throwing away almost all of their value come resale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Adaptive cruise I use a lot of the time. I wouldn't spec a car without it now.
The FE colour is great but it's not enough to sway me toward one. The diesel unfortunately is not good enough so for me I would spec it as I wanted it and wait for the petrol supercharged.
I really thought that this would be my next car but right now it's lacking. I hope the petrol engine will convince me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nastro azzurro said:
The FE colour is great but it's not enough to sway me toward one. The diesel unfortunately is not good enough so for me I would spec it as I wanted it and wait for the petrol supercharged.
I really thought that this would be my next car but right now it's lacking. I hope the petrol engine will convince me.
I doubt it will, most reviews seem to state the 3.0ltr diesel suits the car better for everyday use because of the torque. If the power, refinement or performance isn't up to your requirements I would look else where I really can't see the 3.0 petrol being a vast improvment over the diesel.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aldo said:
I got offered one today. I'm torn whether to take it while mine is being built (currently being told October. How much do you think it will have lost by then with 5000 on the clock?
If you can afford it, take it! The car is brilliant

·
Registered
39 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Nastro azzurro said:
I doubt it will, most reviews seem to state the 3.0ltr diesel suits the car better for everyday use because of the torque. If the power, refinement or performance isn't up to your requirements I would look else where I really can't see the 3.0 petrol being a vast improvment over the diesel.
Strange thing to say seeing as you haven't driven one.
I'll reserve judgement until such time I've driven it. I don't take a lot of notice of reviews.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Never mind the reviews the facts speak for themselves in regard to the o-60 times and torque figures. You are correct I have not driven the F-Pace but I have driven the new XF S in 3.0ltr petrol and diesel and due to them being identical engines I'm taking a good guess at it.

If you like to rev your engines hard and have more exhaust noise the petrol will suit you better.

·
Registered
948 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Never mind the reviews the facts speak for themselves in regard to the o-60 times and torque figures. You are correct I have not driven the F-Pace but I have driven the new XF S in 3.0ltr petrol and diesel and due to them being identical engines I'm taking a good guess at it.

If you like to rev your engines hard and have more exhaust noise the petrol will suit you better.
Very true, it's really up to personal taste and how you like to drive your car, for example the wife and son both have Mk7 Golfs, the wife's is the GTI with Performance Pack and the son the GTD. For the odd blast down a twisty back road the wife's car is a hoot but for everything else I'd chose the son's every single time such is the way the diesel delivers it's performance.

I'm sure on occasion I wish I had bought the petrol F-Pace but those occasions will be few and far between. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts