Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my F-PACE on order since Feb (delivery mid June) and only just got to drive the car for the first time ... phew it really is great .... I can stop the worrying now. Despite being at the Frankfurt launch, being given the opportunity to sit in the 1st edition show car, and later seeing the portfolio trim.

I got to drive the 3.0D 'S' model (22" wheels fitted) in red with black interior at Solihull Jaguar. The one impression that has stuck is that it 'drives like a car' ... weird I know but it just does. It does not have the bulk or rolly polly feel of previous SUV's (previously X5 owner), it feels nimble and just wants to GOOO!! Planting my foot when pulling onto the motorway I was expecting some delay and rattles from the diesel ... nothing but seamless surge and skipping between the gears. WOW this thing really likes to go and yet keeps everything civilised and relaxed in the cabin for the passengers.

Overall it is very very comfortable even on the 22" wheels, which was one of my niggles I had in the back of my head after placing the order. It is soo smooth and quite inside the cabin, despite being a diesel (will be the first diesel I've bought, previously a 100% petrol head).

The interior trim was luxurious, everything where it should be and the feel of the switch gear was 'just right'. The seats were great and seemed more refined than the show cars I'd previously sat in. Unfortunately it did not have the InControl Touch Pro pack fitted, but from what I could tell from the std system, it is very responsive and has some amazing features.

One other thing I've heard comments on, and thus had niggles about, was the rear view from the drivers position. Nothing to worry about, visibility is surprisingly good so you can see the 'other makes of cars' being left in your dust :)

All I can say with the combination of the LR off-road and Jaguar rapid refined comfort heritage, you will not be disappointed when yours arrives ...Well done JAG

P.S. My car on order is not UK spec, thus the 3.0D in portfolio trim ..... hopefully JAG adds to the UK market soon, along with a lighter interior on the 'S' models.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've literally just come on to write this exact post. I have just been out in the same spec of car and it was astonishing. I'm used to having stupid cars with big engines that throw you back in your seat when you put your foot down (my M235i once made a girl sick) but I found that I had to keep checking what speed I was doing as the power just comes and comes like waves of soft gooey custard. It didn't want to stop going and you felt it have a little lunge forward when you hit the 4000 rpm mark.

When keeping things calm I felt like I was driving my RR, just pure comfort at all speeds. When I pick mine up I will be driving down to Paris and I have no doubt that it will feel like I have just popped down the road to Tesco.

I am stupidly happy with my choice of car and cannot wait for the delivery (7 months and 3 days to go...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts