Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The excitement is building! :D :D I hope to get my hands on my 3.0d w/c 12/9 and wondered how this compared to other customers? I am curious as to when the first customer order 3.0d are coming through.... :?:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi ...... So after having my test drive last Friday, and being informed that my car would be with me my 2oth May I decided to hand back my company car at end of its term this week and 'muddle' through for a few weeks. This week a few members started to say that they were getting their cars earlier than thought, so I decided to check with my dealer, in the hope that mine too would move forward.

Came back home today from the from golf club to read email from dealer saying that now expected July/August - A shift to the right of 2-3 months :evil:

Called dealer and informed that there are problems with 3.0 engines, and everything appears to be based on shifting sand foundations!

Clearly I'm not happy, but do have a level of sympathy for the dealership who at end of day are caught in middle of all this. Now awaiting to see what can be offered as resolution to a bad situation - Offer of a 1.5 FE was suggested, but that means more £££'s to be found, a change of preferred colour, and some options that TBH I would not want to pay for - So not so sure this is what I would want to do - but will see what deal can be made.

Anyhow...... To get to answering the question posted - Given my experience I would not hold my breath and just ensure that you can wait as long as it may take to get the car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
SonicPace said:
How about a black 1.5 - that would be awesome in the flesh!

You also get the exclusive bits like the leather and alloy colour.

The FE toys are great too, I love the heads up!
SonicPace....... Hate you, but yes I agree a black 1.5 would be awesome! :D :D :D :D

Problem is that I already have a black Evoque so do we really want two black cars? I recall that other 1.5 colours are Silver and Gold...... Silver may be Ok, Gold is a defo no-no !

Might need to start to look at other photos!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was at my dealer today to drive the 3.0l S diesel and to confirm my specification which will be locked in shortly. As I was changing my spec they checked my build date and it has been pulled forward from the week commencing 11th July to the week commencing 27th June. The delivery date on the system is now showing as 21st July but they told me that it is likely to be earlier than that. The dealer (HA Fox Cheltenham) seems to be well versed on what is happening at Jaguar and said that as far as they know there is only an issue with deliveries of the petrol V6 and not the diesel.
I ordered my car last September and the dealer told me that the moment they were allowed to move orders onto the Jaguar system they entered everything that they had in the holding pool. They also said that some dealers were not so quick off the mark.

·
Registered
302 Posts
HS60 said:
I was at my dealer today to drive the 3.0l S diesel and to confirm my specification which will be locked in shortly. As I was changing my spec they checked my build date and it has been pulled forward from the week commencing 11th July to the week commencing 27th June. The delivery date on the system is now showing as 21st July but they told me that it is likely to be earlier than that. The dealer (HA Fox Cheltenham) seems to be well versed on what is happening at Jaguar and said that as far as they know there is only an issue with deliveries of the petrol V6 and not the diesel.
I ordered my car last September and the dealer told me that the moment they were allowed to move orders onto the Jaguar system they entered everything that they had in the holding pool. They also said that some dealers were not so quick off the mark.
So you have just had the same situation that I had last Friday ...... Test drive, confirmation of order (mapping of my spec to a car in the holding pool so next step was build), discussion on date (for me 20th May), excitement...

I am customer No 1 (non FE).... A week later I am now into August, with confirmation that there is a supply problem with the 3.0D engine.

I doubt that my dealer would be looking at offering a number of 'alternative' options to me if they were confident that there was not an issue, but not knocking anyone's optimism.

See what next week brings!

G

·
My 2.0d arrived last week and I'm retrieving it on Friday.
In France I think that other people will get their 3.0d this week or the next also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it seems that one thing is consistent... and that is the dealer info is consistently inconsistent! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.