Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, down south, we've had a cold morning, so after 4 months of F-Pace ownership I now know the heated screen, rear screen and heated door mirrors all work . This may seem trivial to many but given some of the strange electrical systems performance on some cars this was a very re-assuring moment! Also the frost warning light worked too, so all the above came on automatically as per design, woo hoo!

One small step...

Next is snow and find out how (if) launch control works... sounds more like a NASA project than a mere car! ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame, my PC won't play sound today, I think a Jaguar ICTPro bug may have infected it, which sort of spoils the link :(

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was looking forward to my heated steering wheel except it doesn't work. And apparently that is down to ICTP as well..... (and I am a Northerner by birth - I just like having warm pinkies)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention, the heating also worked... normally I've been getting cold air out of climate control so today was first warm air... quite what I'd have done if none of this had worked, I imagine a dive to dealer for up front argument! So all in all a good day - and then there were no trains... win some lose some!

·
Registered
948 Posts
jonty1625 said:
I was looking forward to my heated steering wheel except it doesn't work. And apparently that is down to ICTP as well..... (and I am a Northerner by birth - I just like having warm pinkies)
Luckily mine does work and it's great... toasty fingers allround. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
363 Posts
luminated said:
jonty1625 said:
Luckily mine does work and it's great... toasty fingers allround. :mrgreen:
Mine occassionally comes on, well the light does, then it won't go off - the light not the heated wheel, and then, well next time it night choose to do neither of those things - but what it certainly doesn't do is get warm!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Bit chilly this morning so thought I'd pre-heat the car, started after 2nd go of connecting via app.
Went outside 5 minutes later and used gesture tailgate opening to load case in boot....engine cuts out and boot won't close with gesture or button on boot edge.
Need to fish key out of pocket and use button on key.
Brilliant

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Pos.k said:
Bit chilly this morning so thought I'd pre-heat the car, started after 2nd go of connecting via app.
Went outside 5 minutes later and used gesture tailgate opening to load case in boot....engine cuts out and boot won't close with gesture or button on boot edge.
Brilliant
Did exactly the same as you .. however engine did not cut out when I (gesture) opened the boot .. and I got into a nice toasty car at 6am .. so very happy with this function.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Pos.k said:
Brilliant
Pos.k I wonder if yours cut out because it didn't sense the key and it was an anti theft measure, I have noticed when I walk up to my car with key in my jeans pocket it only unlocks as I pull the door handle, maybe it thought someone was trying to enter who wasn't authorised although saying that why would it raise the tailgate unless it sensed the key, its odd, or JLR Quirky :roll:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yep - tried my heated steering wheel for the first time too this morning - it was lovely.
3 days in and fingers crossed - all still working fine

·
Registered
161 Posts
+1 on a nice n toasty pre-conditioned car this morning, me likey! :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Annoyingly the remote app didn't connect to the car outside in first attempt.. Some error about network speeds. Think I need to set the car up to connect to my home WiFi when parked in the drive

·
Registered
302 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Pos.k said:
Brilliant
Did exactly the same as you .. however engine did not cut out when I (gesture) opened the boot .. and I got into a nice toasty car at 6am .. so very happy with this function.
Seen the post and thought ' I'll try this!' ....... Heating worked a treat but when opened the boot engine cut out, however it would close with button!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts