Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. They finally broke my will. Got a phone call two weeks ago saying it had gone in to be built. A week later dealership on the phone saying 'no actually it's delayed again until September' no excuses no reasons nothing. So I'm off to head office to complain and get some information. They broke my will and sorry won't do anymore. If it's been delayed I have a right to know why - simple. Nice lady dealing with it now so I will see what happens - fingers crossed!

·
Registered
117 Posts
My cynical thoughts are that they have swapped slots with another customer in order to gain another order. I had this problem with Porsche many years ago. Unfortunately I tend to use the old 'X Files' motto. Trust no one, suspect everyone. Especially the automotive industry.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
HS60 said:
A Porsche dealer in Bolton lost a court case earlier this year for selling a car ordered by one man to another customer. The dealer ended up paying £85k in damages and costs. I would definitely demand an explanation from the dealer as to what has actually happened in your case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/pensioner-gets-85000-payout-after-porsche-dealer-sold-his-car/
Don't trust what the dealer says. Chance of them telling the truth especially if they messed up or did something to sort another customer is next to zero.
See what jag customer services say and see what dealer says see if they match up as a starting point.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I had one guy tell me my car was coming June. When June came around I asked how far off was it. I got an email,saying it had moved to sept. He left the email trail which back office said its the same date it's always been September.
I asked why I'd been mislead. Nothing to do with us Jaguar can move dates lol
I gave up at that point of. If you can't even argue a point when it's written down in black and white then you've got no chance
Thick skins these guys.

After another little something that happened I honestly nearly just fucked it all off and cancelled the order.
I can easily get something else maybe 18 months old and save myself 15 - 20 K
The thought still goes through my mind but I think now we are close to July I can stick out another 2 or 3 months

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got my reply. Apparently head office seem to think it's due in for build July but again can't confirm that as a definite because this could still move! I'm just absolutely floored at the complete lack of control the entire company has with my money. They still think it's acceptable to piss about like this! I've never had this much trouble obtaining a car in my life!
Some days I do honestly think about giving up and going somewhere else but then you think I've waited since October of last year, what's a bit more, but at some point I've got to start thinking I've got this money say waiting and I could go and buy anything with a shorter wait than this, and in time for Christmas! All these issues keep arising you gotta question how good the testing was during the design and first manufacturing stages were!

·
Registered
52 Posts
After a month of analysis, and concerns over the above points/war stories, I went into BMW at the weekend and have gone for the X5 M50d, I've driven the FP 3.0d twice, the Porsche Macan and Cayenne. Personal choice, the FP is a beautiful car, but the X5 does it for me and a big dealer discount, professional process, build plan in place and will get it in September. I think there is an analogy here of a large software manufacturer launching software that really should be in Beta testing, with the buyers being used as the guinea pigs for fault identifiaction

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Personal view coming up.....

.....spent most of my adult life wanting an X5 from the day they launched them. But couldn't afford one. Then I reached the point where I had the money and.... BMW changed the exterior design such that it's completely forgettable and bland. I mean it really, really is boring.

Still thought about my long term yearning so road tested one. It was the 30d Msport so clearly not the potent M50d. But we hated the thing, truly we did. Wife, son and me walked away without a second thought.

Each to their own.

Arianne

·
Registered
473 Posts
Angelcakes1987 said:
Finally got my reply. Apparently head office seem to think it's due in for build July but again can't confirm that as a definite because this could still move! I'm just absolutely floored at the complete lack of control the entire company has with my money. They still think it's acceptable to piss about like this! I've never had this much trouble obtaining a car in my life!
Some days I do honestly think about giving up and going somewhere else but then you think I've waited since October of last year, what's a bit more, but at some point I've got to start thinking I've got this money say waiting and I could go and buy anything with a shorter wait than this, and in time for Christmas! All these issues keep arising you gotta question how good the testing was during the design and first manufacturing stages were!
The reminds me of lots of British Leyland products I owned, an R reg Triumph 2.5 saloon, they lifted the engine on the production line from underneath, you then couldn't change the air filter on the rear of the twin carbs without dropping the engine so when I bought it 50k miles it had never been changed, my 1275 GT mini where to change the bottom hose on the radiator I had to take the fan assembly off as the jubilee clip had been put on at manufacturing an install at an angle you couldn't reach..... I could go on.....what was obvious about BL was the lack of thought and beta way of putting products out that got tweaked in latter model years to deal with the complaints..... You would hope that with modern engineering design and testing practises this would no longer happen...... But the rear springs issues feels li,e the same lack of thoroughness ...... Hope I am wrong

And to echo your point, something I have got on my soapbox more than once, the order process is a total shambles, as someone who has some understand of discrete manufacturing process they should be able to give very precise information like BMW point above from the moment an order is logged into the build systems....

I guess we all carry on waiting as love the car despite everything we read on the website :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts