Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'll be putting down my deposit tmr for the V6 S Supercharged and wondered if any of you have any final words of advice when taking my first step in to F Pace territory?!
Obviously I will be questioning the ICTP problem but any other points you want me to raise please let me know so I can get my London dealer's opinion.

Thanks
MyV6Jag

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Despite ITCP problems, peeps on here still say they would spec it, so don't leave it out.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Absolutely ICTP is right up there on list - it's very good and has a raft of features. New version about to come out so I'd absolutely say get it.
22 inch wheels. We tested my car against a 19inch the other day and the 19 was a little better over the bumps but it wasn't that much better - it also wallowed into corners more so the 22s look best and are well worth considering

All the usual advise. If doing it now I'd probably have ordered the memory seats though I'm Struggling to find any comfortable position for my right leg.

And supercharged is a great choice. It really gives the car another element. I do find I'm having to find petrol stations very often though as the tank isn't very big, 13 gallons I believe

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Personally i would also go for the 825 watt stereo system as this is a massive step up from the base system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't regret a single choice I made. Be prepared for people to point and stare whilst your driving along. People that you have never met before will come over to you and start talking about the car.The roar of the petrol engine turns heads. I have also had a 3.0d overnight and I found that rather flat underwhelming compared to the petrol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Things which I think have been as good as / better than expected:
Adaptive cruise
Heated steering wheel (very nice on that cold morning)
20" wheels (plenty big enough for me thanks - you can keep your 22s!)
LED lights (literally brilliant!)
Configurable mood lighting (very pretty)
Reverse traffic detection (already helped once)
Sliding cup-holder cover (how did I live without it?)
Jury's out:
ICTP (worked fine so far, but haven't used all features)
Heated seats (haven't used them yet)
Waste of money:
Surround cameras (was worried about kerbing the alloys, but really the reversing camera and dipping mirrors are perfectly adequate)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the useful advice all.

How many miles should I expect on a full tank of petrol and how much will it cost me for a full fill up?

Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
22 inch black wheels without a shadow of a doubt. Haven't considered anything less! :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strange to use the heated wheel but not the heated seats? What No 22" how do you fill the wheel arches ?

·
Registered
887 Posts
The circumference and overall diameter of the wheels are the same, whatever the rim diameter assuming the correct profile tyres are fitted by Jaguar!

Therefore the wheel arches are equally filled irrespective of the rim size selected in the configurator, just more or less tyre wall height. :eek:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jim said:
The circumference and overall diameter of the wheels are the same, whatever the rim diameter assuming the correct profile tyres are fitted by Jaguar!

Therefore the wheel arches are equally filled irrespective of the rim size selected in the configurator, just more or less tyre wall height. :eek:
Here Here on the wheel sizes . I personally have 20 inch wheels and have driven 2 other Paces with the bigger and smaller wheels and i found the ride much better on the 19s but if you want go cart handling the 22s have it, as for appearance in my eyes they all look great.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Topcat said:
Strange to use the heated wheel but not the heated seats? What No 22" how do you fill the wheel arches ?
As the saying goes, mate "Cold hands, warm arse". As for the wheel arches: stuff 'em full £50 notes of course.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I had my time again I wouldn't spec the full sized spare, only because it takes up a surprisingly large amount of boot space -sort of spoils the whole look of the boot, and furthermore you don't get the reversible boot mat.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Jim said:

100% correct the tyres out edge match regardless on the alloy size but instead of having a larger tyre sidewall you have a small tyre sidewall which to me a small tyre sidewall gives that more sporty look.

·
Registered
887 Posts
gives that more sporty look

Quite correct, hence my description of my 19" fat boy rims - I have never been accused of being sporty :^))

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.