Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Feeling sick.

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  FP761 
#1 ·
We had a 3.0d S today with 22" wheels for 2 hours so took it for a drive around Cornwall. After an hour both of us started to feel a bit queezy. The ride was quite uncomfortable. When stationary with the engine running there is a very definite vibration through the car. We had a bottle of water in the cup holder which you could see the vibrations in. Is this normal?

Anyone else start to feel uncomfortable after a time in the 3.0d?

#2 ·
That is very odd and completely different from our own experience on a test drive that lasted over an hour across many different road types and driving styles.

We found the 3.0d V6 S very serene and composed. The 6cyl diesel should be refined. I think you should check another as it sounds like there was something wrong with your demonstrator.

Arianne

#4 ·
corriescar66 said:
Aldo said:
We had a 3.0d S today with 22" wheels for 2 hours so took it for a drive around Cornwall. After an hour both of us started to feel a bit queezy. The ride was quite uncomfortable. When stationary with the engine running there is a very definite vibration through the car. We had a bottle of water in the cup holder which you could see the vibrations in. Is this normal?

Anyone else start to feel uncomfortable after a time in the 3.0d?
Re the ride...... What car do you normally drive?
A skoda superb and Audi A3.

#5 ·
There should be no probs with the engine. It's a well proven Ford/Peugeot model made in Dagenham. It could be that you are not used to that type of vehicle, that is the SUV type, which inevitable have longer suspension travel. I'm returned to SUV after a few years absence, I miss the higher driving position.

#9 ·
It was just in D with the engine idling. I then tried the same in our Skoda and it was actually the same. Maybe I am just being critical.

#10 ·
Hi,

My wife also felt sick in my F-Pace while I owned it on longer journeys.

I found the 3ltr diesel a little harsh in the lower gears and to me it seemed much nosier than any other JLR 3ltr diesel I have owned (XF x2 and Range Rover Sport) and although I can't say I noticed the vibration while driver or standing still idling it was fairly obvious once I switched the engine off that a fair bit of vibration was being transmitted via the steering wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.