Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would create this topic for all of us to share our experiences if you are doing a test drive of the FPace or have your FE. I have a test drive scheduled for next week Wednesday. I will not only be looking over the finish but more importantly comfort level of the drive and hope the demo is on 22".

Zane

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, everyone.

Just test drove a 3.0D S (on 22"). Mixed driving, but fairly heavy traffic.

Very impressed overall. Powerful, comfortable and good feedback, although not enough empty twisty roads to judge the handling.

Compares very well with my Evoque, which I'm really impressed with.

I placed my deposit in Feb last year and now told Aug build like many on here. The salesman indicated late Jun/Jul for his first customer 2 litres, due to delays.

I have chosen Ingot 3.0D with quite a few upgrades. Seriously considering Brogue, but struggling to see it in the flesh, before taking the plunge.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback.

Darren

·
Registered
154 Posts
Patriot said:
Hello, everyone.

Very impressed overall. Powerful, comfortable and good feedback, although not enough empty twisty roads to judge the handling.

I placed my deposit in Feb last year and now told Aug build like many on here. The salesman indicated late Jun/Jul for his first customer 2 litres, due to delays.

I have chosen Ingot 3.0D with quite a few upgrades. Seriously considering Brogue, but struggling to see it in the flesh, before taking the plunge.

Darren
Darren - What's the ride like on 22" wheels - is it busy or fidgety - How does the ride compare to your Evoque, does your Evoque have 20" with or with adaptive dynamics?

Thanks
Paul.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Test drive of 3.0dS this Tuesday afternoon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just got back from my test drive at wilmslow jaguar in a 2d portfolio On standard wheels .
It had a very smooth feel on the road with a very noticeable difference when put in dynamic pick up was a lot quicker and more responsive .for me personally the reversing camera is a must as this is a big car.The diesel engine is noticeable at initial start-up but soon quietened down when warm .I find it a very relaxing car to drive.
also for all you first addition drivers they had four of them sat there ready for collection next week.
Can't wait till September now .

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wanted to try the 2.0d and 3.0d back-to-back to see if the 3l is worth stumping up the extra cash for - so having to wait until Monday 25th for both to be available at the same time (trying a Porsche Macan immediately before that too).
The 2.0d is an R-sport on 20" rims and the 3.0d S is on the 22" helix's which is good - as I need to make a decision on wheel size depending on ride quality.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Salmonfisher said:
I saw brogue at a preview event and would have had it like a shot if available on R Sport
+1

So glad to hear. None of them demo cars I have seen (or non-computer generated photos) have had it, so I was getting a little trepidatious about how it would look when my FP arrived. Glad you think it looks good!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Had a test drive

Called in dealership today to show my son the cars, my salesman had assured me a drive embargo till the 18th , came over to me and said did I fancy a drive , I wasn't going to say no
Had a drive in a Portfolio ... All I'm going to say is I can't wait to get my car

·
Registered
7 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Patriot said:
Hello, everyone.

Darren
Darren - What's the ride like on 22" wheels - is it busy or fidgety - How does the ride compare to your Evoque, does your Evoque have 20" with or with adaptive dynamics?

Thanks
Paul.
Paul,

It wasn't busy or fidgety, it was relaxed. On the motorway, if felt a little more floaty than my Evoque Dynamic (20in). Otherwise, as good as, if not slightly better overall than the Evoque i.e. very comfortable.

Darren

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tim1 said:
Just got back from my test drive at wilmslow jaguar in a 2d portfolio On standard wheels .
It had a very smooth feel on the road with a very noticeable difference when put in dynamic pick up was a lot quicker and more responsive .for me personally the reversing camera is a must as this is a big car.The diesel engine is noticeable at initial start-up but soon quietened down when warm .I find it a very relaxing car to drive.
also for all you first addition drivers they had four of them sat there ready for collection next week.
Can't wait till September now .
Hey I dove same vehicle but from Stockport.... The car was warm from previous test drive so when I started it was surprisingly quiet almost petrol like in sound fabulous to drive salesman took me on a route with a few roundabouts and had me going round at almost break neck pace to show how good the cornering was ... Excellent and absolutely amazed

Your spec sounds like mine apart from in not having the LEDs I like the look the zenons have over the LEDs
Mine is Polaris white ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took a test drive yesterday (Sat 16 Apr) of a 3DS White, 22", Black Pack.

The dealership was running 1hr test drive slots throughout the day of this car + a 2D Sapphire Blue.

We mainly drove on Motorway and dual carriageway roads, but did a short stint down a fairly potholed lane. The 22s dealt absolutely fine with surface - those that have chosen will not be disappointed I'm sure. (I felt that the cost to upgrade to 22s for me was not worth it as I'm not keen on the "plastic" inserts - it didn't give me the aesthetic value I'd expect for cost.... so I spent the money elsewhere).

The torque of the 3Diesel was superb and the gearbox delivered it so smoothly - really great sports feel. The approach to the Motorway junction was via a series sweeping bends and the car felt precise and the steering feedback was promising for the future (when I get to drive it without a Sales rep next to me ;) ). We did a bit of a "launch" on a traffic-light roundabout - it throwed us back in the seats... great stuff....

There was plenty of room inside for the 3 adults (Rep, myself + significant other). Reviews have suggested that the rear view was a little poor - but I did not find this an issue, when joining the motorway and manoeuvring between lanes all the mirrors provided good visibility. The view out of the front was great - the bonnet line with it powerful curves was fantastic as the light changes.

This 3DS did not have the upgraded TouchPro - so had the standard instrument cluster. For me it felt a little busy with the housing making it a little difficult to see the information - I'm sure this is just a familiarity thing. The car interior was Jet and red taurus leather with pano roof and jet headlining. For me it felt a little dark - so, I've gone for an Oyster headline. And, whilst I like the Black Pack, I've not chosen it because I prefer the exhaust panel to be a contrast to the bumper panel.

My dealer said that most customers were selecting white and that the production line will be "sorted" soon such that it'll be churning out the vehicles from September - he got his latest information from a Jaguar F Pace training day that he took at Millbrook earlier in the week (they ran a Macan and then an F Pace and did some extreme driving - crash helmets required - with instructors)... Whilst they are seeing a number of customers shifting from either RRS or RRE they are obviously concerned about the Macan and the Porsche-label - so they are trying tool-up the Sales team with knowledge of the Macan.

For me, the FP gives an all-round better package and after the test drive I'm chomping on the bit to take delivery of my Cat and do a road trip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just test drove an ultimate black R Sport AWD and have to say it was superb. Sat on 20 in alloys in contrast to the 22's I've ordered. Drive was smooth and yet punchy and responsive and the driving position is spot on. Took my 6ft 2in son to sit in the back and it was spacious and comfortable including masses of head height. Also hd the fixed panoramic roof which is fantastic. One thing I will say is that this car had the full black pack on (alloys also black) and I'm glad I've gone for the ammonite grey as it picks up dust and (as with all black cars) and will need to be meticulously maintained to keep it looking mint. Gorgeous car can't wait for mine to come in. Expected to pick up early June!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have to say all this is very encouraging :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had my test drive in a 2.0d R Sport on Saturday and like everyone else was most impressed all round especially with the fuel economy which was 43 MPG without even trying! This feared well against the Discovery sport with the same engine but the 9 speed gearbox, on the same route but driving like Miss Daisy which only managed 33 MPG (the Jag and LR garages are next door to each other)

Cant wait or mine hopefully in September?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Booked my test drive on Friday am at HA FOX in Southampton. They had two FEs awaiting. PDI

Can t wait for Friday - the have grey Portfolio 2.0d with cream interior. Standard infotainment, auto.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts