Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi FE owners, a couple of questions for you: are the wheels on your FE definitely the double helix 'grey finish' as stated and not 'black'? Also, what are 'unique carpet mats'? The ones in my FE appear to be the same as the ones fitted in the showroom cars at my local dealer, black with white F-Pace embroidery! Cheers, AshleyR :D

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
The wheels are grey with black inserts....as FE spec.....the mats are black ...say jaguar in white and are edged in white ....although this might be oyster :? To match leather ....
If you go to the jaguar web site ...and view the 360 view you can see the mats on the Fe.. :D

View attachment 87
The rear mats in this photo aren't edged like the ones on the Fe :eek:

Is the car in the showroom an FE in a diff colour :?: there are some about :shock:

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry, the mats do have 'Jaguar' and possibly as you say 'oyster' embroidered edging. The wheels look more 'silvery-grey' in the promotional pictures. Maybe front lighting was used to emphasise this? I only took delivery on Friday as I have been in Spain for several weeks, did you have any problems loading Apps from your phone to the InControl system. I didn't have a sim when I collected the car so the dealer couldn't do this for me. Can't get them to load!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

When my FE arrived I was very surprised at the very dark anthracite grey colour of the wheels. All the photos appear to show a light / mid grey.
I personally have a dislike for gangster wheels so I have mine refinished in a satin grey that really look stunning.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When comparing my own FE with the brochure pictures I was convinced I had different colour wheels to what I had perceived. That is why I raised the original question on this thread. Having now seen yours (bennis) I am convinced we (FE owners) have not been supplied with the wheels we were expecting. Bennis's wheels look correct now they've been painted!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hummm, ...never been into the black wheel thing, but seeing the new blue grey colour on these looks fantastic, do you know what the paint code is please as I may get my silver helix done like this if it would look good on my ammonite R sport!!
Now all I need is a convincing fable to spin the wife :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
bennis said:
I think this photograph represents the refinished colour correctly.
They cost me £600 to get done but well worth it ...
I think you should have the rear bumper insert sprayed the same colour to match!

Looks brilliant by the way.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
That looks really good, that bluish tinged grey works very well with the caesium blue of the FE . . definitely an improvement on having the darker wheels in my opinion.

Also agree with JLR#5 about refinishing the pale rear bumper insert, it just jars on the eye for me . . I'm sure someone elsewhere on the forum mentioned about getting it refinished in gloss black too, and I think they're right, that would make it look better too.

However, not so sure bennis' wheel colour would look quite as effective against a car with ammonite bodywork Jags cat; I think the silver helix wheels you've spec'd will look very sharp just as they are, but as it's not an expensive mod you could always consider doing it as an afterthought if it turns out they don't quite 'pop' enough for you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
catwoman said:
That looks really good, that bluish tinged grey works very well with the caesium blue of the FE . . definitely an improvement on having the darker wheels in my opinion.

Also agree with JLR#5 about refinishing the pale rear bumper insert, it just jars on the eye for me . . I'm sure someone elsewhere on the forum mentioned about getting it refinished in gloss black too, and I think they're right, that would make it look better too.

However, not so sure bennis' wheel colour would look quite as effective against a car with ammonite bodywork Jags cat; I think the silver helix wheels you've spec'd will look very sharp just as they are, but as it's not an expensive mod you could always consider doing it as an afterthought if it turns out they don't quite 'pop' enough for you.
I would agree i think you need a contrast between the wheels and the bodywork.... i went for polaris white and black wheels, would post pics but cant seem to suss out how to

1 - 14 of 14 Posts