Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since leaving Audi for Jaguar a few years ago and having a young family the CX-17 was a welcome development. I have had a deposit with my dealer since January 2015 so I got first dibs on an FE and took the opportunity to bag one and have an early build slot.
I owned an XFR followed by an XJ Supersport and even went as far as making a bespoke bench for the back seat so I could get three kids car seats in! So the F Pace is the answer to those practicality prayers and the only thing I missed from Audi was the Quattro drivetrain so it fixes that as well. :)

I'm now wondering if a petrol S is the preferred option after having the delight of two Jag V8s?! Particularly given comments on here about an S to the same spec costing about the same and then I get pick of colour etc, decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add that my dealer has told me no customer delivery will be happening before June. Given that some on the forum think they are getting the car earlier I have contacted the dealer to make sure I'm not missing out on my early build slot, particularly given they have not asked me to do any paperwork yet??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Visited my dealer today to discuss part ex issues. Was told that my First Edition was built two days ago!
However the dealer thinks Jaguar are waiting to get all FEs built and shipped to each country to be handed over all at once and I may need to wait until May/June still :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are told not untill June, and then when you are going in to the dealar its built two days ago? Seems like your dealar have no clue, why would they build all FE and then hand them over?
I have seen the FE two times and its very nice, the colour really pops out. The interior was nice in the FE. I didn't have the budget for FE so I ordered R-sport and I am a bit worryed about the quality of the leather. I always had German cars and the quality has always been good.
I have delivery in early May, in USA the FE is comming in May according to the people that ordered FE. Maybe UK have a different delivery plan, but I can't see that they doing like Christmas and giving out the FE the same time.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Jaguar have said we get the FE in May ...this came from the a jaguar manager at the castle Bromwich preview ....hope he is right ;) ...he was certain dealers were being over cautious by saying June and told us to expect delivery in May

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
They've already increased the number of FE s from 200 to 250 ....it's not much but it dilutes exclusivity ...the whole reason you place the deposit on an FE in the first place ....placing trust Jaguar to deliver a quality exclusive product ..with out even in some cases even seeing it and in most cases not even test driven it ... If they bring the caesium blue across the range then they should honour the idea of exclusivity and compensate the 250 people that supported and believed in them with any devaluation both monetary and exclusively ...after all that's the point of a first edtion ....on other cars ...no problem ...it's already available on the Range Rover svr :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Neil said:
If the XE is now available in The FE blue, who's to say they won't add it to the colour list in X months time?

It would be a bit naughty if they do.
Where are you seeing that the XE is available in Caesium Blue in the UK? It doesn't show as an option on the configurator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Attended the preview today at ME Hotel in London.

Negatives:
They sort of admitted by omission that Caesium blue could be available on future model years for the F-Pace and as discussed on the forum kinda de-values my First Edition I feel?! Particularly given that you can replicate 90% of the rest of the spec on an S for the same price.
And that was the second frustration, the FE on display was a non-UK model and they get Adaptive Cruise, 4 zone climate, Surround camera and sliding roof. I appreciate they didn't want the price to go too high in the UK but that's the point there should have been some form of economies of scale for those lucky enough to get their hands on one. All the other cars on display were close to 60k anyway with all the options included.

Positives:
Build quality seemed very good, especially if these were not full production models. The plastic rear door trim mentioned elsewhere is not great but not a big issue when it is only seen with the door open.
Car looked fantastic, pictures don't do justice to the design/curves on this thing. The best looking SUV/crossover in my opinion, particularly given how practical it remains at the same time.
If I wasn't having the FE I would still be trying to stretch to 22 inch wheels. They looked great and give Mr Callum his excellent 200m view he talks about. 20's in black looked ok though as the size was disguised slightly. Silver 20s looked too small.
Tech was also a positive, a massive step up from what I have had in 2010/11 XFR/XJs.

Finally, we're starting to get a consistent message now re dates. Demonstrators with the dealers in April, FE's released in May and others from June onwards. It sounds like your own delivery date is dependant on your particular dealers order book. So its where you are in their build queue not just how long ago you put the order in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts