Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps (and chapettes :))

Posting a second post as can only add 10 photos at a time.....will write my 'review' there....

MC

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK - so....here goes.

Ordered the car around Oct 10th 2015. As seems to be a common theme, there was some confusion at the dealer re exactly what could be ordered and what the spec was. I was told there was little I could choose beyond the standard spec for the FE.

Anyway, I was desperate to secure the car and want ahead and ordered.

Now on collection today I discover a slight screw up and that is - my car has no reverse camera. Looking now at the configurator it now shows you can order the Park Assist pack. I just assumed a camera would be part of the FE spec (I've also just ordered a new Tiguan R Line / 180hp and that's getting a camera!) (it's an Andorra registered car but the Spanish (or mainland Europe?) spec.

Anyyyyway - I am going to park that issue (no pun intended). If there's camera, I will live and get over the current niggle.

Why? Well, because so far the car is great*

I picked it up at Jaguar Andorra and was driving the car straight to Barcelona. It's a great drive with 1 hour of smooth but windy roads and then a highway.

First thoughts

- Side on - the car DOES look like it's going to pounce / spring to life
- It IS bigger than I expected (this, for me, is a good thing)
- I personally love the black and chrome mix
- The 22" wheels are fantastic (spoken about plastic inserts don't bother me - I tapped them and they feel durable)
- The front looks fantastic

Inside, I love the colour of the leather and the seating position, overall is good.

Only tiny disappointing observations are

- Seats not as as supportive on the side as I expected (I also have current model Polo GTI and love those seats )
- Basic seat adjustment (didn't realize I could spec more movable options
- Stereo not as loud as I expected (Meridian 380W)
- Mirrors don't tilt downward when you go into reverse
- The kick down didn't bite just as much as I expected but again this could be just getting used to things (I also have a 350 ML (going next week)) and this kicks down nicely)

HOWEVER - I stress these are tiny details.

Lets look at the good things

- It really does ride smoothly and I didn't find it hard at all on the 22's
- The lane drift function works well (again have to get used to it as was going off quite a bit (my crap driving or?)
- Visibility if good in all areas
- It's got plenty of muscle and is a great cruiser

I used to have 2013 LR Disco 4 Luxury and loved it. The fittings and parts all feel very similar. Nothing I would say was BAD buttttttttt - perhaps not at the quality feel of BMW or Mercedes? Not a big deal for me but if I was pushed I would say a couple of the plastics weren't 100% top drawer.

Again - all that said, the car hugs the bends MUCH better than the ML (which rolls too much, around corners driving to/from Andorra) and has just the right amount of power for what I need.

LASTLY - I know it is absolutely not needed but it's confirmed to me I can order an activity bracelet from 10th May and have added to the car as an extra (this is different to info posted before on the forum). I swim a lot so actually quite handy and good to know it can be added to the car.

So - do I love it? Yes. So far, so good. Looks stunning and hold these road nearly as well as my Polo GTI which I love so all good.

Know the pics aren't fantastic but thought I'd share what I have.

All the best
MC

*1 other small point is a creak from the roof lining (I have the full openable pano roof). Will see if it settles in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thats one sweet looking motor, thanks for the review, enjoy .....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Love it! Great pics and just what I have been waiting to see. Whilst I have not ordered an FE, I have ordered a 3.0S Supercharged in black with the same wheels (albeit in matt black with gloss black inserts). I was very unsure about ordering a black car with black wheels and was always thinking I would get them sprayed the same finish as the FE just to take the edge off it. After seeing your pics that is just what I will be doing! Also the black looks great without the black pack as the chrome highlights the cars beautiful lines. Enjoy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks great!

Interesting to hear of some of the spec differences between Uk and Europe.

What does it say on the rear badge under the S? Is it AWD or a mention of First Edition?

Enjoy it in the nice weather out there!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It says AWD. No mention of FE inside or out :-(
(I was expecting something on the carpet mats? It's also not detailed on the car reg document.). Oh well - when I trade it, I'll be doing so with the same dealer so all should be fine!)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looks great. - a black FE !!
Looks very nice

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quick point: Reverse dip mirrors should just be a setting in the car configuration to turn on. I don't know that it is possible to come without them... mind you i thought that of reverse camera too, so who knows. I'd double check the vehicle settings just in case!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@mcsquared747: could you take a picture of the rear seats from the outside of the car with the doors open? I'm wondering if the back inside door panel is the plastic like people saw with the pre-production models or if it's actually metal like the rest of the body. Thanks in advance! and congrats again on your wonderful FE!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts