Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commented on another post about how I have found a new way of enjoying my FP, so wondered how everyone else sits in their cabin.

Overall, I have found that a more upright than normal position is comfortable for me in the FP

Given the autumn sun, once warmed up, I have defaulted to 24*C on my feet, heated seat on low and the pano roof fully open, really feels nice and fresh.

The heating system is a total mystery to me, climate just is not climate, so it seems pick a temperature and fan speed and manually control it is the way to go as has been discussed on here before, which is very weird.

Loving it so far, 1750 miles in so far

Have a good weekend all
Piers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Thanks Piers.

I've got the rear of the seat fully down, the front of the seat up a few degrees, the squab fully extended. Side bolsters in hug but not too tight position. Seat back pretty upright. Lumber half way up and half way out. Seat reasonably far back and steering wheel on lowest setting and extended half way out. Feels very much like a sports car seating position. Reminds me of how I had the seat in my XKR although this is way more comfortable. Truly excellent seats.

Also like you I am opening the roof wherever possible (now that it works!!) and bemoaning the rather lacklustre climate control but using the same workaround.

Heading your way tomorrow (lunch in "Hove actually") wave if you see me :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
F-Pace S said:
. . I have found that a more upright than normal position is comfortable for me . .
JLRnumber5 said:
. . . up a few degrees, the squab fully extended. Side bolsters in hug but not too tight . .
I agree about the seats being very comfortable, but my 'inner innuendo editor' is working overtime and having a field day with this thread . . . :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
^ and that's after I had already deleted ....

"I like a low slung position; makes me appreciate how well she rides!"
:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
catwoman said:
F-Pace S said:
. . I have found that a more upright than normal position is comfortable for me . .
JLRnumber5 said:
. . . up a few degrees, the squab fully extended. Side bolsters in hug but not too tight . .
I agree about the seats being very comfortable, but my 'inner innuendo editor' is working overtime and having a field day with this thread . . . :lol:
Cats, we like to keep you amused on a saturday morning :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Interesting as I'm finding this potentially the worst car I've owned for a comfortable position.
I've sort of found one that hasn't caused severe hip and right leg issues but still been suffering from a sore back last few weeks though it feels very nice and the right position against the back.

How high does the lumbar go up for most people as that's given me a bit of grief finding the right spot but seem to have it now.

Currently seat down on floor at back up and front a bit with steering right in and full down towards legs which is similar to my XF. Hate the seats though - that right hand bit where the side meets the very front is quite hard and badly positioned for my right of under knee and hamstring,
Having to consider driving cushions and supports and I'm in my early 40s FFS
The XF was a dream sofa which I could do 12 hrs in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Well maybe I'll retract the most uncomfortable ever. It was initially and really hurt myself first 800 miles.
Got it to a position immsort of ok with and did 300 miles in a day but I've got some adjustment I think before I'm ready to do big journeys,
Still hate the seat edge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
My favourite driving position is the front right seat, any other is a stretch. :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
444 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Well maybe I'll retract the most uncomfortable ever. It was initially and really hurt myself first 800 miles.
Got it to a position immsort of ok with and did 300 miles in a day but I've got some adjustment I think before I'm ready to do big journeys,
Still hate the seat edge
Well Madbadger, You do surprise me, with again such an outrageous comment, pleased to see you have retracted!

I find the seats in the my F-Pace absolutely excellent, in my humble opinion fare more comfortable that my XF SV8, or the sports seats in my XFR. I also have an F-Type R Coupe, which also has the high backed sports seats. I still find the F-Pace the best! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Well I bought an Automatic but still have to sit behind the drivers wheel.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top