Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Is the boot seal supposed to look like this? It appears to have lifted. Does anyone else have this problem? Also does anyone else feel there is excessive water coming into the car after its rained when you open doors or the boot? I've never experienced this with previous cars. The door and boot alignment all seem fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yes my seal looks the same. It's fine it's not faulty. Yes there is a bit of a design flaw when you open the boot after it's rained heavily. Not a major deal but I have popped the floor over so it's rubber side up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that JLR. I popped the floor round too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The seal seems fine on mine ....it's just that when you open the boot it drips from everywhere.
How do they do that?
They did it on the f type as well. It's a coupe and open the back after it's been raining and you will get wet.
Uncanny!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lengths they'll go to just to make the car lighter.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Pos.k said:
The seal seems fine on mine ....it's just that when you open the boot it drips from everywhere.
How do they do that?
They did it on the f type as well. It's a coupe and open the back after it's been raining and you will get wet.
Uncanny!
Yeah I have to say the first time I opened the boot after a downpour I was like "ok ... right .... someone didn't think that through!"

Now that I've mastered the gesture tailgate I now stand to one side and wait for it finishing depositing!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Pos.k said:
How do they do that?
Uncanny!
Yeah I have to say the first time I opened the boot after a downpour I was like "ok ... right .... someone didn't think that through!"

Now that I've mastered the gesture tailgate I now stand to one side and wait for it finishing depositing!
Mastering the tailgate. Thought I had it and I have unless actually carrying something or people watching.
Found a spot to side where the line meets on the bumper and seemed to work fine but last few goes I'm flapping around doing a dance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread on the boot seal fault, but has anyone else found water pouring out of the tailgate latch shroud when the boot is opened after its been raining? I've had probably a cup full pour out of it after being left in moderate rain twice now :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts