Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Factory tour booked for end of August 2016 ahead of car being delivered Jan 17.

2 events happened today. Dealer contacted me saying delivery now September as they have ramped up production, Factory tour cancelled as per following email

Dear Robert

I am writing to you with regards to your forthcoming Jaguar Tour. As I am sure you are aware the Solihull production plant is a busy, fast-changing environment and as exciting new models are introduced, lines are sometimes used for pre-production runs.

We currently have new vehicles on the production line which have not yet been released to the public, this does restrict our tour access. Rather than compromise your experience we have taken the decision to defer our tour offering while these future models are developed. The Jaguar facility will be reopened to the public in early 2017.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused and we would like to offer you the opportunity to transfer to our Solihull Land Rover Tour or Castle Bromwich Jaguar Tour. Please let me know if either of these experiences would be of interest to you and I would be happy to check available dates.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to transfer your Solihull Jaguar Tour to 2017, we can then make contact with you in November to rearrange to a suitable date.

Can we ask that you kindly confirm receipt of this email and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Karen

Jaguar Land Rover Experience

My actions, cancelled tour and told dealer to keep to original January delivery, (which is when i wanted it anyway) i must admit i am so close to cancelling, reading this forum.

on order Portfolio 2.0d awd auto Ammomite, jet leather,+ lots more

·
Registered
922 Posts
Think it is for the early build,pre production and demo new range rovers more than likely the coupe, but probably make sense to put the Evoque ( bigger variant and E pace down the line too if most of the development and tooling for the parts have now been completed, DAL and I saw the covers on the bodies in white next to the line... As they used to do the small scale build prototypes on the weekends when they tie it in with maintenance and positioning programming for the robots to test the weld/ glue / riviting tooling patterns on the new shells. Obviously very keen to get these vehicles out for shows etc.. But worryingly could backfire like the cases of faults on the F pace due to being rushed and compromised in some areas.
A shame for you though as it a
very good tour indeed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, was really looking forward to seeing all options before lock down, although i guess i was always going for ammonite. must say your r-sport looks stunning, but due to back issues i found portfolio seats more comfortable

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thank you, it is I think probably it is the best looking car I have ever owned.... And that covers quite a few, however... Still have a soft spot for a 1986 Toyota celica supra 2.8 wide arch version I had in my early twenties... :shock: Some....Ok!... :eek: many...Years ago now. :lol:
Am kind of hoping my F pace is still at home in one piece, as my wife and I are in Mauritus for another week or so, with my 20 year old son at home just looking for an excuse just to move it!!
A few people have commented on how comfortable the seats are on the F pace. I know mine are the sports seats but I still find them extremely supportive. But the demo I took out was a portfolio and they were very soft and traditional jag exec like, which I know my wife prefers.
Keep us all up to date on any decisions you make,
Regards,

·
Registered
260 Posts
Disappointing news on the tour front but I think it will be worth waiting for even if you already have your car.

I think the Disco 5 is going to be built at Solihull too. And that's due to launch at the Paris Motor Show in September/October.

And the Forum Members who did the tour earlier in the year thought they'd spotted the RR Sport Coupe that's been mentioned.

I really enjoyed the factory tour - went with the SO last month. Really interesting day - not just seeing lots of F-Paces but also from a systems/process engineering and people management perspective.

·
Registered
168 Posts
521RE said:
Hi All

Factory tour booked for end of August 2016 ahead of car being delivered Jan 17.

2 events happened today. Dealer contacted me saying delivery now September as they have ramped up production, Factory tour cancelled as per following email

Dear Robert

I am writing to you with regards to your forthcoming Jaguar Tour. As I am sure you are aware the Solihull production plant is a busy, fast-changing environment and as exciting new models are introduced, lines are sometimes used for pre-production runs.

We currently have new vehicles on the production line which have not yet been released to the public, this does restrict our tour access. Rather than compromise your experience we have taken the decision to defer our tour offering while these future models are developed. The Jaguar facility will be reopened to the public in early 2017.

Was speaking with the head of tours and think Solihull may be being used to test the build line for a 'new' model, hence the reason for stopping tours from 21st July for an indefinite period (E Pace? ;))

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused and we would like to offer you the opportunity to transfer to our Solihull Land Rover Tour or Castle Bromwich Jaguar Tour. Please let me know if either of these experiences would be of interest to you and I would be happy to check available dates.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to transfer your Solihull Jaguar Tour to 2017, we can then make contact with you in November to rearrange to a suitable date.

Can we ask that you kindly confirm receipt of this email and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Karen

Jaguar Land Rover Experience

My actions, cancelled tour and told dealer to keep to original January delivery, (which is when i wanted it anyway) i must admit i am so close to cancelling, reading this forum.

on order Portfolio 2.0d awd auto Ammomite, jet leather,+ lots more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts