Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a 2 week factory shutdown coming up soon.
Does anyone know the dates on this and how if affects built cars - does everything literally stop

I'd like to say I had the call but I had to chase to find out information that it had moved forward so trying to judge if I've got a chance of getting it sooner than the system says as its a huge delivery date (7 weeks)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My build date is Aug 12th ... let's hope they aren't all demob happy!

I once had an Alfa GTV that made a rattle around every corner. Eventually they found the problem by lifting the rear seat and found a handful of lira coins!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:

I once had an Alfa GTV that made a rattle around every corner. Eventually they found the problem by lifting the rear seat and found a handful of lira coins!
Have you got them to check the date since it went into lockdown on the 5th July ?
Mines come forward. August 12th build is Sept 9th delivery at latest is it ?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
JLRnumber5 said:

Have you got them to check the date since it went into lockdown on the 5th July ?
Actually no I haven't checked with them in weeks .. what's yours come forward to? Will email them later.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catwoman said:
JLRnumber5 said:
. . I once had an Alfa GTV that made a rattle around every corner. Eventually they found the problem by lifting the rear seat and found a handful of lira coins!
Cashback deal? ;)
:lol: :lol:

Apparently we'd beaten Italy in a european football match so it Mario's way of getting his own back!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Mbadger77 said:
JLRnumber5 said:

Actually no I haven't checked with them in weeks .. what's yours come forward to? Will email them later.
End of next week but with Sept delivery still !!! Hence my enquirer as to when it shuts down. Of course I had to chase to find this out which isn't great really is it. Guess they don't really want the customer to know as then we are more likely to chase and be disappointed, i get a feeling they like to just wait till it comes in early then surprise you !!

·
Registered
161 Posts
My build date is locked in to 25/7 with an ETA to dealer last week of August. Not sure if there is a summer shutdown factored in there but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fast turnaround by the factory so the dealer can PDI for 1/9 collection :D

I think I read somewhere that the 2 week factory shutdown is usually around last week July / first week of August...?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine was built last Tuesday and is expected at the dealer Tuesday or Wednesday..... So they can get delivered a lot faster.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Does anyone know the dates on this and how if affects built cars - does everything literally stop

I'd like to say I had the call but I had to chase to find out information that it had moved forward so trying to judge if I've got a chance of getting it sooner than the system says as its a huge delivery date (7 weeks)
Last 2 weeks in August I think

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Delboy2911 said:
Mbadger77 said:

That would be a touch then as might be getting it soon. I'll be on dealers case the week after build date

Late July and August builds just have this uncertainty and large delivery times
Originally I had August 12th and 9th sept
Now it's 22nd July and 2nd sept so still has 2 extra weeks built in so was thinking it might be end of July which may mean a slow delivery

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Delboy2911 said:
Mbadger77 said:

That would be a touch then as might be getting it soon. I'll be on dealers case the week after build date

Now it's 22nd July and 2nd sept so still has 2 extra weeks built in so was thinking it might be end of July which may mean a slow delivery
I tried to get a tour of the Solihul in the last 2 weeks and they advised that it was shutdown - I think they're also trying a new production test (E Pace?) so would;t be doing tours at that time which has now expanded into a tour date to be agreed :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
As a Black Country bloke "factory fortnight" was alway the last week of July and the first week of August but maybe times have moved on

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a factory tour booked for this Thurs 14th July and am hoping to get my car delivered to my dealer in Southampton before Summer shut down. I was told the last day of working was the 22nd July then shut for 2 weeks.
I thought if I paid out for the Factory collection as well I would get it a lot earlier but was told by Jaguar that it would only be by a couple of days so decided to save the £600 and go away for a week end instead! I was also told that the transporter team work on to clear the deliveries so fingers crossed for an end of July registration..... If not as Helen Shapiro once sung......I might as well wait until September!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MercMAN said:
I have a factory tour booked for this Thurs 14th July and am hoping to get my car delivered to my dealer in Southampton before Summer shut down. I was told the last day of working was the 22nd July then shut for 2 weeks.
I thought if I paid out for the Factory collection as well I would get it a lot earlier but was told by Jaguar that it would only be by a couple of days so decided to save the £600 and go away for a week end instead! I was also told that the transporter team work on to clear the deliveries so fingers crossed for an end of July registration..... If not as Helen Shapiro once sung......I might as well wait until September!! :lol:
Hope your right and the deliveries and transporters continue as mines due to be built by the 22nd
Best hope it's not the last one on the Friday before they shut down :)
That would be a Friday car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there anyway to track build date etc without going through the dealer?. I had an original delivery date to dealer for Sept 30th, this has now been moved forward to Sept 9th. I would of thought in this day and age you would be able to track progress online from home. If they can do it with a 12 quid pizza, they should be able to do it with a 50 grand car

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
McRobbo said:
Is there anyway to track build date etc without going through the dealer?. I had an original delivery date to dealer for Sept 30th, this has now been moved forward to Sept 9th. I would of thought in this day and age you would be able to track progress online from home. If they can do it with a 12 quid pizza, they should be able to do it with a 50 grand car
Yes have said this a few times. How the hell you can't get text and email alerts as the order changes and progresses even with a PDF confirmation of your order when you place / change it and updates as the dates change or get set.

A Sept 9th Delivery is build ending 12th Aug as that's what I had and the only other way is to go via customer services but that takes a bit of time as well. Dealer probably easier way

·
Registered
12 Posts
The thanks for the reply Mbadger77. I agree, in this day and age it's ridiculous you can not track it's progress. I can perhaps understand why Jaguar would rather you didn't track the the progress, but at the end of the day, we are the customers.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If I knew where it was in production and suddenly it stopped I would think there was a problem, has it been scratched? Is in control pro not working? Can they not get bonnet to align correctly? Sometimes its better not knowing :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Delboy2911 said:
Mbadger77 said:

The only ting I would add is that I said my dealer that I'm about to spend a lot of money here and would you/JLR like to help with the cost of the tour - needless to say I'm not paying for it ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts