Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all (I hope this works!),

I am a curious nerd at heart so shelled out £16.20 for a one hour TOPIX subscription and downloaded the recent service bulletins that are being discussed, if I have set this post up correctly, you should be able to see (or download) the relevant PDFs below:

K437 ICTP 2.5 software upgrade
View attachment K437 ICTP 2.5 Upgrade Retailer Bulletin.pdf
View attachment K437 ICTP 2.5 Upgrade Service Instruction.pdf

K421 Rear Spring Creak
View attachment K421 Rear Spring Creak Retailer Bulletin.pdf
View attachment K421 Rear Spring Creak Customer Letter.pdf
View attachment K421 Rear Spring Creak Service Instruction.pdf

K445v2 Coolant Level Check
View attachment K445v2 Coolant Level Check Retailer Bulletin.pdf
View attachment K445v2 Coolant Level Check Service Instruction.pdf

Happy reading!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for that Matt,

If your hour's not yet up could you check out the Software Update 147_005 Release Note?
just to see if theres another update to 2.5 about to appear.

Cheers

·
Banned
444 Posts
I posted this yesterday

OK here is the latest info just received from my dealer:

I have confirmation that we will be running V2.5 as this is the upgrade that's current.

V3 is already planned for April 2017 but only as a running change upgrade. In other words, will enhance current vehicle software to latest production versions moving forward. It is not a newer version of 2.5 on the basis that this has flaws in the programming.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I will add that i found out this morning that JLR are aware the 2.5 so called fix, doesn't fix all issues 100%, there are still issues with CD/USB media and niggles with navigation, the 2.5 update if opted for cannot be rolled back (in the case the fix doesn't work for you and makes it worse)

I was given the option to upgrade the ICTP firmware and declined, based on the fact I don't want the substantial issues everyone else has or may have with uncertain firmware, given I have had sporadic minimal upset myself, at least for now, if it does get worse I will opt for the 2.5 later.

There's also bulletins out from JLR on the coolant tank and associated piping, amongst 1-2 other inspection that need to be done by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Well, mine has just completed the enhancement programme including version 2.5 .. they are now testing the fixes. Will report back.
Having had it, all seems to work ok after 3 days, except it doesn't like remembering the media last used i.e. on re-start it defaults to DAB radio and a bloody annoying station at that too....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
To be honest I'm more interested in the suspension issue as that's the one that's likely to determine most whether I keep or get rid of the car.

That and the sunroof (apparently they have removed the headlining to sort that .. I'm glad I can't see my car currently in bits) .. oh and the panel alignments which I'm assured after a few attempts are now perfect!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
To be honest I'm more interested in the suspension issue as that's the one that's likely to determine most whether I keep or get rid of the car.

That and the sunroof (apparently they have removed the headlining to sort that .. I'm glad I can't see my car currently in bits) .. oh and the panel alignments which I'm assured after a few attempts are now perfect!
I have to say to say it feels more of a hoodlum than the demonstrators I drove early in the summer... Especially in urban/poor quality roads/speed bumps.

Not exactly boneshaking, but not far off and reminds me when I fitted 200lb springs all round on my Scirocco many moons ago. No complaints from passengers so far, but takes a 'sporty ride' to a new level for me....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:

There isn't currently any suspension update I've seen except the creak one
If your dealer is certain get the Topux number
My dealer saying there isn't one they know of either

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Well done getting them all - did that myself a while back
Do you have the others that sound interesting

The 2.5 update doesn't really mention the crap 3G connection

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Mbadger77 said:

I was told the 3G connectivity is addressed in one of the other "enhancement programme" updates.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
I was told the 3G connectivity is addressed in one of the other "enhancement programme" updates.
Now that would be very welcome news!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Mbadger77 said:

This is the thing so was I. The enhancement updates were meant to be out a week ago and this is it,

There aren't any more right now and they have called my car in so there is no 3G fix or suspension fix I can see
The 2.5 the coolant, and other recent fixes - that's it.

Until I'm shown otherwise and see anything else then there's not much more to it.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Well, mine has just completed the enhancement programme including version 2.5 .. they are now testing the fixes. Will report back.
Please let me know as both ours are at the same Jaguar group.

Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
According to the TOPIX release notes, the 2.5 upgrade only covers known bugs affecting:

• Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) lock up, audio loss.
• Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) resets, blank Screens and poor system performance.
• CD ripping/playback issues.
• Camera: Frozen camera image on screen when reverse selected and camera stability issues.
• Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability.
• Phone and Bluetooth - connection and contacts download issues.

Look forward to hearing details of what this elusive enhancement program covers and whether there is anything extra beyond the ICTP software upgrade.... may be it is simply the ICTP upgrade, suspension fix and coolant level thing that seems to have been widely pushed out on TOPIX.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
MyNameIsMatt said:
According to the TOPIX release notes, the 2.5 upgrade only covers known bugs affecting:

• Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) lock up, audio loss.
• Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) resets, blank Screens and poor system performance.
• CD ripping/playback issues.
• Camera: Frozen camera image on screen when reverse selected and camera stability issues.
• Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability.
• Phone and Bluetooth - connection and contacts download issues.

Look forward to hearing details of what this elusive enhancement program covers and whether there is anything extra beyond the ICTP software upgrade.... may be it is simply the ICTP upgrade, suspension fix and coolant level thing that seems to have been widely pushed out on TOPIX.
Yes I think your Right and that's what I'm seeing. JLR has asked as well so let's see what comes back.
Either way the 2.5 is a great improvement and starting point. Shame if the rest isn't sorted though.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jonty are you able to clarify this? Your car is having around 15-20 updates this week which you confirmed were part of the enhancement programme. Is one of them a suspension update and if so do you have more details? As MB says there's nothing new added to Topix. I've had an email from my dealer today saying "all software updates have been applied"'but that's so vague as to be useless. Would be good to understand what you've seen before I speak with them tomorrow. I have an email from them from Monday implying they were expecting further updates this week.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I've started another thread under Faults/Technical specifically for "Enhancement Programme".

I've had it confirmed in writing that this still hasn't been released, and therefore as MBadger77 and others have stated it's only ICTP 2.5 plus any other outstanding items listed on Topix that is being applied to cars currently at the dealers.

No fix for the suspension issue ......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.