Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Spent a lazy afternoon reading this, good insight into some of the back ground of our long waited machine!

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not as such, confirms about the car being engineered to take 22" wheels from the outset, through to design of the car. Starts with a trip to artic circle. Little note to Autocar... On last double page spread of this feature it states "in opulent S spec the car looks spot on" (wrong!!) it's actually an R sport with a black pack and black alloys. :roll:. Running through as would expect is all about the D7a architecture the Jaguar DNA. The factory line gets a few pages, suppliers etc. Oh yeah... and the next Jag we get will be from Listers Droitwich.... They take you out to lunch if theirs a deal to be done... Nearest I got was a biscuit from Dean with me coffee :lol: all joking aside it is worth a read if your into all the detail.... You have to buy the main Autocar mag at £3.80 but that to has some good features too although I always have and be an Auto express boy since the early nighties. :cool:
624 prototypes built. 250,000 miles of testing... Till we get hold of it anyway :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appears now you don't even need to buy it... Thanks YVR Pacer you owe me £3.80 or a pint!!! :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The man is correct, I do notice that the vertical blades on the Lower intakes are black.... We have to have body colour on our uk R sport even with black pack, only S gets that black as standard, another difference with our European members... Can't believe the EU would let this sort of thing happen :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Thanks YVR_Pacer, that made for an interesting all-round Sunday evening read, besides all the usual 'sales PR' stuff there was quite a lot of info in there that I didn't already know about. Good of you to make it available (although I'm not sure that Autocar would agree!!) . . and thanks, also, to Jags cat for drawing attention to it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
catwoman said:
Thanks YVR_Pacer, that made for an interesting all-round Sunday evening read, besides all the usual 'sales PR' stuff there was quite a lot of info in there that I didn't already know about. Good of you to make it available (although I'm not sure that Autocar would agree!!) . . and thanks, also, to Jags cat for drawing attention to it.
Sadly for those of us outside the UK, it is harder to get our hands on a legitimate copy of Autocar, so we have to make do ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts