Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone adding the option for the 5 year service plan? It's £569 isn't it? What are your opinions since the car only needs a service every 2 years. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
My dealer said that a service would be about £250. Adblue is a tenner on Amazon and I think needs topping up every 7000 miles or so.

I guess it depends on how many miles you do and if you think the MOT failure insurance is worth it.

I'm putting about the same "up front" money into the In secure tracker instead.

·
Registered
166 Posts
By my reading of the service pack it is a yearly service or every 16000 miles. That means 5 services plus the extras for 699. Bit of a bargain if you ask me!

I will only do 3 to 4 thousand miles a year but will still get a yearly service even if it doesn't really need it. Keeps the service book up to date.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think a bit of cross threads etc here think the gentleman who started it might be referring to the 2.0d ingenium engine that only needs a service every 21000 miles or 2 years as for ADBLUE it's between 7000 & 14-16000 miles for top ups depending on the concentration of Lead in your foot

·
Registered
81 Posts
The other advantage of the service pack is that I understand it covers up to £750 of repairs if required at each of the first and second MOTs - as I'm buying mine as a keeper and I retire in 2 years it's a no-brainer for me!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Stagman said:
The other advantage of the service pack is that I understand it covers up to £750 of repairs if required at each of the first and second MOTs - as I'm buying mine as a keeper and I retire in 2 years it's a no-brainer for me!
+1 :D

By the way ..... I've only gone and sorted out the Ultimate Black FE :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
catalyst said:
My dealer said that a service would be about £250. Adblue is a tenner on Amazon and I think needs topping up every 7000 miles or so.

I guess it depends on how many miles you do and if you think the MOT failure insurance is worth it.

I'm putting about the same "up front" money into the In secure tracker instead.
That's brave taking word of dealer, first service maybe £250 but I would think 4 year service will be a major one plus in the plan you also get a brake fluid change which I would guess costs around £100-120? and as also said ad blue top ups as well, I maybe wrong but wouldn't hurt checking if anyone can tell you how much a 4 year service cost on a XF for instance?

I've never known a salesman to actively promote these plans, perhaps too busy trying to sell me snake oil to protect paintwork and seats, I currently have one on my X5, wife on a A1 and previously on a Ford every time we had to ask for them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts