Votes: 1 7.1%
  • <t>Why don't you get a Diesel?</t>

Votes: 5 35.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We currently haven't seen an F Pace in the flesh, even though we put our deposit down on 14th Feb, kept on at the dealer AND STILL managed to miss out on seeing any of the cars in the North west!
So, unhappy with jag and on the way back through Kendal... I passed a Porsche garage, called in and asked about the illusive Macan. To which the nice young chap informed me they'd just taken a Macan Turbo in on part ex. It was too good an opportunity to pass by, so 10 mins later we were "cruising" through the country roads. I was absolutely blown away by the finish and performance. It's literally a 911 on stilts.

Thus the search began, could we afford a Macan?? Well a nicely specced F Pace is almost identical to a decent specced Macan S... And hence I'm in this predicament!!!

Still haven't seen the F Pace, so I guess I'll know when I see it!

·
Registered
948 Posts
The Macan S might have blew me away with its crisp handling but the trade off was overtly stiff ride not to mention its road noise which way worse than the Cayenne.

If the F-Pace achieves similar results as the XE I reckon it will have the Macan licked, especially on our poor British roads.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I can only refer to the others here as haven't driven any of them, or any of us driven the F pace yet!!!.... :idea: Hummmm....I know lets ask our more important friends over Atlantic..... Yes!!!! I am still *issed off about that video, if Jag really want to make some in roads into the American market... Why don't you you chop the backend of the F pace out lengthen it by 2 metres and stick in a pick up bed and a drop down tailgate, I bet someone on here could knock up a quick render of one!!! Need a name now... ?Their current best seller is the F150 raptor ,we could call it F 150 leaper! I have just made them millions,mind you they haven't listened :roll: to any thing I have said before either! :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luminated said:
The Macan S might have blew me away with its crisp handling but the trade off was overtly stiff ride not to mention its road noise which way worse than the Cayenne.

If the F-Pace achieves similar results as the XE I reckon it will have the Macan licked, especially on our poor British roads.
I do know what you mean, although I do think a "Sports car" should certainly have a stiffer ride over an SUV. I guess this could be helped with the airbag suspension, which isn't offered on any of the F Paces :cry:

Really stuck between the diesel or petrol! I've just sold my RRS 3.6TDV8 and kinda craving the petrol smell :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.