Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if F Pace owners in NZ and Aust would be interested in having their own thread. I also wonder if our UK cousins would be interested in our views and experiences.
If not - no problems.

My wife's car is due for delivery 12th September.

F Pace S 3 litre Diesel. IRR with jet upholstery - Leather Upgrade. Luxury Pack, HUD, ICTP, Parking Assist, Gesture Tailgate, Air Quality Sensor and Cooled Glovebox, Keyless Entry, Panoramic Sliding Roof, Adaptive Cruise Control, Privacy Glass, Rear View Mirror with Garage Door Opener.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Young Kiwi said:
I also wonder if our UK cousins would be interested in our views and experiences.
Of course, why wouldn't we be..? That's a nice spec!

You're a long way from 'base-camp JLR', so it'd be very interesting to know what the reactions to your new Jag are. How good and knowledgeable the Dealers are, etc.

Welcome along, look forward to hearing and seeing from down under . . right way up, or upside down, all good :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Young Kiwi said:
I wonder if F Pace owners in NZ and Aust would be interested in having their own thread. I also wonder if our UK cousins would be interested in our views and experiences.
If not - no problems.

F Pace S 3 litre Diesel. IRR with jet upholstery - Leather Upgrade. Luxury Pack, HUD, ICTP, Parking Assist, Gesture Tailgate, Air Quality Sensor and Cooled Glovebox, Keyless Entry, Panoramic Sliding Roof, Adaptive Cruise Control, Privacy Glass, Rear View Mirror with Garage Door Opener.
Needless question! We are you and you are us. We do the same things and think the same thoughts. This site is as much yours as ours, that's certainly how I feel. BTW, does owning an F-Pace help with the option of living long-term in NZ as a UK resident? I will make this post my first piece of evidence in support of my application :arrow:

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome from the UK, great spec car, mine is not dissimilar!

We think they are rare here, I bet you won't see many in NZ for a while. Let us know when it arrives, and pics, we love pics

Piers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
F-Pace S said:
Welcome from the UK, great spec car, mine is not dissimilar!

We think they are rare here, I bet you won't see many in NZ for a while. Let us know when it arrives, and pics, we love pics

Piers
Certainly none around these parts. The car will be wife's daily driver so I dare say it will get a bit of attention.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arianne said:
Young Kiwi said:
If not - no problems.

Needless question! We are you and you are us. We do the same things and think the same thoughts. This site is as much yours as ours, that's certainly how I feel. BTW, does owning an F-Pace help with the option of living long-term in NZ as a UK resident? I will make this post my first piece of evidence in support of my application :arrow:

Best wishes,

Arianne
Hi Arrianne

As someone who bestows citizenship on new residents I would be happy to help if you decided to move to God's Own.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Young Kiwi, I expect we wont have enough here in NZ for our own forum! How did you manage such an early delivery date? I ordered mine on launch date but still have to wait till late November.
Its interesting reading this forum but it is making me nervous, its not like we can reject our cars back to Jaguar! Im hoping they'll get rid of all the bugs before they put our cars on ships!
The difference in specs is interesting too, we pay too much for our cars but at least we don't pay for cup holder covers or activity keys! Did you manage any bargaining with your dealer - mine is sticking to book price.

On order: F Pace S 3.0d, DSB, Brogue, jet suedecloth, HUD, Pano, AdSR, LEDs etc

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi young kiwi.
Welcome. I'm coming to NZ Feb next year. Maybe if we can get more of your countrymen on here I could get in the zone early. Sadly not bringing the FP. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
luci said:
Hi Young Kiwi, I expect we wont have enough here in NZ for our own forum! How did you manage such an early delivery date? I ordered mine on launch date but still have to wait till late November.
Its interesting reading this forum but it is making me nervous, its not like we can reject our cars back to Jaguar! Im hoping they'll get rid of all the bugs before they put our cars on ships!
The difference in specs is interesting too, we pay too much for our cars but at least we don't pay for cup holder covers or activity keys! Did you manage any bargaining with your dealer - mine is sticking to book price.

The local Jag dealer is a good mate of mine. He wouldn't dare deliver me an inferior vehicle!
I am totally confident that the F Pace is a really good vehicle with teething problems. They will be sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm located in Australia and have been lurking for sometime. We took delivery 3 weeks ago and the only issue so far is squeaky isolators. I just wanted to thank everyone who posted about the issue as it certainly made it easier when I took it into the dealer. I haven't seen any others on the road yet, hopefully that will last a bit longer. I've have managed to curb my rim though, first time ever, absolutely gutted, phoned hubby before I got home to warn him!! he's done a great job of touching it in.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ ah, kerbing the alloys. One of the worst crunch noises there is! We keep a running tally in our household and across all three of us it's Me (2), SWMBO (0) and Son (0). There is also the kerbing event which nobody has owned up to and so resulted in a 33% contribution from each of us for the repair!

It's a life hazard and this is our tally over the last two years with our 20" rims on our XC60 and Audi TT. I dread it when the F-Pace comes with the 22" double helix rims.

More generally, I really don't think that the F-Pace is proving to be a problematic car. A few folk had some early issues with panel gaps and creaking suspension, all of which appear to have been solved by Jaguar. The biggest issue in the UK and US is the software bugs on the ICTPro. The most frequent issues are when certain options are specified and which conflict with the ICTP.

My dealer has sold around 40 F-Pace cars since launch and he tells me that the only issue they have had, post-delivery, affected a manual version because the owner has had problems with the gearbox action. Otherwise he says they have been fine. My relationship with our local dealer is close and they tell me the truth. I believe him when he says this. To luci I say, don't worry unduly as it will spoil your enjoyment - you're paying out a pile of cash so make sure you enjoy every minute.

Arianne

·
Registered
143 Posts
Young Kiwi said:
Timbo62 said:
Hi young kiwi.
Welcome. I'm coming to NZ Feb next year. Maybe if we can get more of your countrymen on here I could get in the zone early. Sadly not bringing the FP. :(
Come and say hello.
Thanks for the invite. I'm on cruise from Sydney around the South of NZ ending up in Auckland. Busy schedule so probably no opportunity. :(
Doesn't stop us sharing FP experiences on here though. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Timbo62 said:
Young Kiwi said:
Timbo62 said:
Hi young kiwi.
Come and say hello.
Thanks for the invite. I'm on cruise from Sydney around the South of NZ ending up in Auckland. Busy schedule so probably no opportunity. :(
If your cruise comes in to the Port of Napier, pay a visit to the Mayors office.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
luci said:

The dealer is a mate of mine and he had some pre-booked places in the queue. We could have had an FE but decided to spec an S to suit our needs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Arianne, thanks for that, I am expecting to love it! The wait seems endless especially as I have already traded in my Merc for it! Im restricting myselfto one visit a month to the dealers to drive their demo!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Timbo62 said:
Young Kiwi said:
Timbo62 said:
Hi young kiwi.
Come and say hello.
We did that cruise the other way in Jan/Feb with celebrity. Have to say NZ is the nicest country I have ever been to. Loved Sydney too

·
Registered
143 Posts
Come and say hello.[/quote]
Doesn't stop us sharing FP experiences on here though. :)[/quote]

If your cruise comes in to the Port of Napier, pay a visit to the Mayors office.[/quote]

The ship docks at Wellington and then goes to Tauranga. Had to look Port of Napier up on Google maps (sorry) so perhaps you could wave as we pass by on 14th Feb 2017. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts