Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set of F-Pace OEM 18 inch alloy wheels and Pirelli Scorpion Zero M+S winter tyres, 255/60/18. Includes TPMS valves. Being 18 inch allows better alloy protection and more rubber to flex in cold winter conditions.
Covered less than 200 miles, excellent condion.
Collection only from Sussex.
£895

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Okay, care required here folks.

Mud & Snow rating isn't a winter tyre I would personally choose. The proper winter tyre for driving in snow conditions is the one with a little snowflake & mountain symbol. They are called Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow, not Zero. The Ice & Snow Pirelli tyre comes with lots of little sipes (or cuts) across the tread and it is these that give it phenomenal grip in snow conditions, whatever the depth of snow. I can't see the sipes on these tyres when I magnify the images. They have cross-cut blocks which will help give traction but not like a true winter tyre. For example, if you ski drive to the Alps then you might well still end up having to mount chains even with AWD, whereas I can't envisage ever needing chains with the full winter tyre.

So they're a compromise tyre between full summer and full winter - and as long as you realise that then go ahead - the price looks attractive.

This is not intended as a dampener on the OP offer to sell. They look like lovely wheels and immaculate tyres. But folk in the U.K. are a bit naive when it comes to anything other than normal summer tyres and so I thought you should know a bit more. That way, if you buy them, you will be happy and they'll be no fuss for the buyer or seller after the transaction is complete.

Best wishes to all. We go on our ski drive for two weeks on 23 December. Austrian Tyrol, our resort has snow already! Don't you just love LiveCam?

Arianne

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TCW not sure what else to tell you other than they are Pirelli Scorpion Zero M+S winter tyres, 255/60/18, I can put more photos up if you like and you are welcome to come and see them.

Arianne, you are correct they are not snow tyres for use in the Alps etc, but M+S tyres, as per advert. This makes them ideal for somewhere like Sussex where we see little actual snow, though having used M+S tyres for years, on Freelanders and a Range Rover Sport, they do manage surprisingly well with an occasional snowfall. Far more importantly here in the South, for the winter, is the mud bit and ability to grip in the colder weather, with country roads covered in debris and any none tarmac carpark or track turning to mud, it can be embarrassing spinning in performance summer tyres. I live just down from a blind bend and have to exit briskly, in cold wet weather the summer tyres tend to spin slightly before the electronics sort it out, the M+S tyres just grip. So yes not the tyres for ski trips or if you live in the Scottish Highlands, but I think a much better compromise if you want tyres that will cope with variable conditions, where we only dream of deep snow like I remember from childhood! This is why I bought them, but having just had an heart operation I can't really cope with lifting, storing and changing the wheels myself, so if I can sell them I am going to just pay someone to put similar tyres on my 19" wheels.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to come in on your sale but does anyway have the link to the 22inch winter tyre thread?

Looking for 22 either winter or m and s tyre to replace he slippy summer tyres for the winter months

·
Registered
16 Posts
cedzz, the reason for asking was Pirelli do a Winter Scorpion with the Snowflake symbol that Ariane refers to.
I need the tyres for for trips to Austria and Switzerland and need the Snowflake designation.
I guess yours don't have the symbol ?
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Sorry to come in on your sale but does anyway have the link to the 22inch winter tyre thread?

Looking for 22 either winter or m and s tyre to replace he slippy summer tyres for the winter months
Here you go, happy to help..... http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1855&p=24237#p24237

cedzz said:
TCW not sure what else to tell you other than they are Pirelli Scorpion Zero M+S winter tyres, 255/60/18, I can put more photos up if you like and you are welcome to come and see them.

Arianne, you are correct they are not snow tyres for use in the Alps etc, but M+S tyres, as per advert. This makes them ideal for somewhere like Sussex where we see little actual snow, though having used M+S tyres for years, on Freelanders and a Range Rover Sport, they do manage surprisingly well with an occasional snowfall. Far more importantly here in the South, for the winter, is the mud bit and ability to grip in the colder weather, with country roads covered in debris and any none tarmac carpark or track turning to mud, it can be embarrassing spinning in performance summer tyres. I live just down from a blind bend and have to exit briskly, in cold wet weather the summer tyres tend to spin slightly before the electronics sort it out, the M+S tyres just grip. So yes not the tyres for ski trips or if you live in the Scottish Highlands, but I think a much better compromise if you want tyres that will cope with variable conditions, where we only dream of deep snow like I remember from childhood! This is why I bought them, but having just had an heart operation I can't really cope with lifting, storing and changing the wheels myself, so if I can sell them I am going to just pay someone to put similar tyres on my 19" wheels.
^ That all makes sense, completely agree!

TCW said:
cedzz, the reason for asking was Pirelli do a Winter Scorpion with the Snowflake symbol that Ariane refers to.
I need the tyres for for trips to Austria and Switzerland and need the Snowflake designation.
I guess yours don't have the symbol ?
Thanks anyway.
^ Pirelli Scorpion Zero is not the tyre you want sadly - cedzz deal is a good one IMHO. You need the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow. This tyre always comes with the mountain and little snowflake symbol and is the tyre I am running right now on my Volvo XC60 and which we are taking to The Alps in a couple of weeks. I have a set of snow chains but have never used them - thank goodness as mounting chains in freezing temperatures with snow falling on you is not my idea of a holiday! For 22" wheels I think this tyre is the only one available. If you have smaller rims then you have lots more choice (although suppliers will start running down their stock as we get farther into winter).

Just one reminder if you are about to invest in some proper winter tyres for a trip to The Alps. Usually the speed rating on the tyre is lower so, if your trip takes you across unrestricted sections of the German Autobahn as ours does, then watch your speed. It's possible that your car's top speed is higher than the speed rating on your tyres. :?

I have sourced my tyres from MyTyes.com. I think they ship from Germany via DPD, always reliable and decent price. I have also used Camskill.co.uk - they can be cheaper sometimes but the site is not so easy to navigate and the choice more limited. But if they have what you're looking for and the price is good then go for it!

Best wishes, Arianne

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Pleasure, the attached image may be helpful for folk....

Arianne

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TCW said:
cedzz, having just re read your last post, would you be interested in putting the tyres on your wheels and I'll take the wheels and put new tyres on ?
Unfortunately the wheels for sale are 18", my car has 19" Bionics fitted, so the tyres would not fit.

I had deliberately gone for a smaller wheel size, where I had thought having a 60 profile rather than 55 would give a better ride in colder weather, with less flexible rubber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.