Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY22 P400 HSE. Can anyone confirm whether the fuel flap should lock when car is single/double locked? Currently mine doesn't although there appears to be a locking pin which would engage into the flap if activated. Receiving conflicting info from JLR Customer Care (yes) / local dealership (not sure).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After further research I've got the answer. JLR issued a memo in Jan 22 addressing this subject, the locking fuel flap is not currently fitted across the JLR model range, with a few exceptions, due to the chip shortage. This impacts F Pace models built post 23 Nov 21 with the exception of the PHEV models. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The standard equipment just gets less and less for more and more money, frightening times and a manufacturer that cares little for potential customers !

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it is always fitted to the hybrid P400e (PHEV) due to safety issues. It has an isolation valve to equalise pressure, perhaps due to extra risk of petrol vapour around the high-voltage battery or electric motor.

Not sure about pre-MY21, but I thought in all MY21 cars only the hybrid had the lock, because the manual says PHEV only, and many non-PHEV photos of the cabin do not have the fuel unlock button next to the boot button.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My 21 reg P250 R-Dynamic SE has a locking flap, i took delivery end May 21 so pretty sure it will be 21MY

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ah interesting, thanks for info.

If you have the updated interior (“cricket ball” stitching on gear control, two round controllers for adjusting climate, window controls up high at base of window, etc) then you have MY21 or later.

Reactions: idrobbo

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Presumably it’s legal, otherwise JLR may have a massive recall on their hands?!? The MOT page says lockable fuel cap.

I think the fuel filler CAP is the round plug that you rotate counterclockwise to remove, and clockwise to “lock” into position, as per the MOT.

So it isn’t a security lock (to prevent fuel theft) as such. Instead it’s just a mechanical ratchet/click that requires deliberate force to open (a bit like a child-proof bottle lid) and stops the cap slowly loosening due to vibrations?

Whereas fuel filler FLAP is the painted flap on the outside of the car, and is electrically lockable on all PHEVs, and some lucky/earlier other models?

Jaguar Owner Information

“When replacing the filler cap, turn it clockwise until the ratchet clicks.”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts