Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was due to collect my car this Friday but just been told that Jaguar are not releasing any vehicles that are not yet registered. I have been told that they have identified an issue which requires a fix urgently.

Anyone else due to collect in the next 1-10 days been told this. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Probably shouldn't speculate, but it's only natural we're all going to; my wild guess is that it'll probably be related to the software/infotainment issues that some owners have already reported/experienced. I suppose it's possible that glitches on this are only coming to light now because the earlier test vehicles may not have been using the current software version.

Hopefully it won't be something more fundamental that's emerged with the mechanics of the design, I am sure any of those sorts of issues would have been ironed out long before the car was released to the market. Still, it's going to be interesting to see how this goes. If anyone hears anything from their dealers I'm sure we'll get to know.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am due to pick up mine next sat, kind of hope it doesn't need recall work it only got built last week!!! Can you please find out what the issue is either elec or mechanical... I will speak to my dealer tomorrow for any news, but am sure he would contact me if he knew of any problems!!
Would ask Ryan but don't want to get a headache trying to decifer a load of polite Teflon coated waffle!!

·
Banned
444 Posts
Still on going, froze on me this morning, when it freezes apart from disabling the camera you loose your parking sensors! Sometimes even when all is well the front sensor switch does not always work, I have told my wife to engage reverse to be certain the front sensors are operative, until the system is sorted.

I have just sent a high level complaint to Jaguar and informed them that my dealer will not carry out the campaign, as detailed by Jaguar as it has caused them to have two disabled cars! A week has since passed and they are none the wiser, hence my demand for action.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Ooooo that's not dissimilar to the issue I've had with my Evoque since day 1 (4 years ago) which they admitted occurred in early cars but somehow they were never able to fix in mine despite 4 or 5 trips to the dealer and one to a main JLR technician. I wish I'd pushed harder at the beginning to get it resolved.

Don't do what I did and live with it.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Don't do what I did and live with it.
What??? . . . that's incredible! You must have received some kind of compensation for them not being able to fix it, otherwise why would you decide to live with it?

Well, all I can say is that if my car has a fault with it, any fault, that cannot be rectified to my satisfaction I will be rejecting it. I do not intend to pay serious money to buy a problem, that just doesn't make sense. We're not buying cars from shady backstreet second-hand dealers here, this is Jaguar Land Rover for goodness sake! And, if it comes to it, there are laws to protect consumers from the sales of goods and services that are not fit for purpose, they should always be used if all else fails.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The car I bought was an ex demonstrator so I didn't have the option to reject it and in the first year it only occured 4 or 5 times. Now it happens almost permanenty and like I said JLR tried to fix it under warranty and even sent a technician to my home once from HQ. But in the end they couldn't identify and then the warranty expired and I grew tired of being angry about it.
Even so I wish I'd been firmer in the first place and would certainly do so this time around. Apart from that the Evoque hasn't missed a beat and i still enjoy every journey.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I see. I wasn't being critical of you, JLRnumber5, it was your call and I can actually completely empathise with you for not wanting to remain angry for an extended time, life is too short and there does come a point when it feels like the hassle isn't worth it. The thing is, though, that these problems can persist for other customers too, if they are not brought to proper account.

Hopefully this is just an academic discussion anyway, 'cos with regards the F-Pace, there's way too much riding on it's success for it to become a 'bad' PR situation for Jaguar. Which is presumably why they've taken the action they have today. I am still very excited to be buying this new car and, so far, there's no reason I can see for not keeping faith that issues won't be dealt with properly.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Wasn't feeling criticised you will have to try a lot harder than that to offend me :)

Yes I'm pretty sure mine was a relatively isolated case and I would handle it differently this time. I have to say the service company I use is JLC in SW London and they are excellent. They maintain all JLR cars for the met police. If anyone lives in the London area they should try them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you have a problem with your car and while trying to fix it runs out of warranty, it has to be fixed, as it was still under warranty when fault was identified you sould get back in touch as car is only 4 years old

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I was being poorly fobbed off about my car. When I asked for firm details of the problem as I had arranged my travel from Germany they were suddenly able to resolve the issue. I am now collecting my car tomorrow as originally planned. Looking forward to the return drive tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
That's good to hear 'aj', glad whatever it was has been resolved.

Maybe I missed something you've described before in a previous post, but you say you're collecting by travelling from Germany; where is your car then?

. . . and, maybe I did read an earlier post about this, but for some reason something in the back of my mind makes me think you might have spec'd a manual transmission, is that correct? . . if so, I think you'll be the first person to take delivery of a manual FP on this forum!

Anyway, will look forward to hearing all about it, particularly how the manual gears perform with this car. (..if I did get that bit right?)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.