Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been reading USA's Daily News/Autos feature 'Ratings and Review: 2017 Jaguar F-Pace leaps into the luxury SUV fold'


http://nydn.us/2dXQjyx

In this review it states in the 'Technology' ratings section that, wait for it; 'The F-Pace packs Bluetooth phone and audio functionality, in-car 4G Wi-Fi, navigation powered by Nokia's excellent "Here" mapping system, satellite traffic updates and optional satellite radio, as well as connected convenience features'.

Question: Where's my 4G :?: :?: :?:

1st Edition, Caesium Blue, April 2016
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
They have said this in the press about the F-Pace and ICTP here in the UK, and it was proven to be a misquote... although I have 4G in my car being all speedy and lovely... see my workaround in the tech thread....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
jonty1625 said:
They have said this in the press about the F-Pace and ICTP here in the UK, and it was proven to be a misquote... although I have 4G in my car being all speedy and lovely... see my workaround in the tech thread....
Please post that tech link here jonty1625, for ease.

appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
smash said:
We can use any sim in this Buzzard device right?
If you get an unlocked one. Otherwise they are provider locked. Mine is with EE and I got the unit for free and £11 a month for 16GB (but I do have a corporate account). But you can of course use whatever SIM you want (assuming unlocked or network specific) and connect the car wifi to this so you only need one SIM all round.

Of course it becomes partially obsolete if Patch2 fixes the network connectivity, however I will keep it for the Spotify connection as a minimum for better streaming and anyone else connecting in the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonty1625 said:
smash said:
We can use any sim in this Buzzard device right?
If you get an unlocked one. Otherwise they are provider locked. Mine is with EE and I got the unit for free and £11 a month for 16GB (but I do have a corporate account). But you can of course use whatever SIM you want (assuming unlocked or network specific) and connect the car wifi to this so you only need one SIM all round.

Of course it becomes partially obsolete if Patch2 fixes the network connectivity, however I will keep it for the Spotify connection as a minimum for better streaming and anyone else connecting in the car.
I've got the '3' version, it's called 'RoadFi' - cost £59 and uses a pre-loaded PAYG sim. Bit of a faff when connecting though. Sometimes takes several minutes to auto connect when on the move. I've found it quicker to remain stationery and wait for it to connect before moving away. Be warned - uses lots of data with the Spotify App and eats data using the browser! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
^ that's no problem by the time you've waited for the cameras to kick in, the Nav to log you in, the album artwork to appear and the parking sensors to wake up ......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Never had a problem or a delay connecting in mine. From power up on the device it takes about 10 seconds to find the network, iPod and iPhone connect seconds afterwards and wifi from car connects a few seconds later. Shouldn't have to do this to get functionality that I was promised from the car but happy as a short term fix, and if / when the in car works I'll probably keep it as my hotspot anyway just because it's a lot faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jonty1625 said:
Never had a problem or a delay connecting in mine. From power up on the device it takes about 10 seconds to find the network, iPod and iPhone connect seconds afterwards and wifi from car connects a few seconds later. Shouldn't have to do this to get functionality that I was promised from the car but happy as a short term fix, and if / when the in car works I'll probably keep it as my hotspot anyway just because it's a lot faster.
Good call Jonty! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
On the final leg of a 1,000 mile road trip with an iPAD equipped 5-year old in back I can confirm that YouTube Kids/ Netflix/ Amazon Video etc hammer through a 12 GB data SIM faster than a V6 petrol skips from one refuelling stop to the other :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Haha yup. Amazon Prime or Sky and download before the trip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Recently I lost my home broadband connection (I had a slight accident with a strimmer and the cable) and so opened up the WiFi hot spot on my phone so my wife and son could have internet access. Less than 24 hours later it cut them both off as the 8 GB tethered allowance was all gone! I would guess most of the allowance was used by my son on Netflix and or Sky Sports on the Sunday afternoon.

Luckily my phone allowance is unlimited so I could still send and receive emails, etc.

I have no idea how much data we use at home collectively as it is not uncommon of an evening for my son to be watching something in his room, my wife to be watching something else in her hobby room and I will be watching something else again downstairs, if we had to use SIM cards I suspect we would need at least one a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Haha yup. Amazon Prime or Sky and download before the trip!
Did that. Prime has download limits....and the child refused to watch the movies I downloaded for him....until I turned-off his wi-fi and forced the issue - anyone would think I had chopped his arm off!!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top